“functionable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Charlotte, North Carolina
“functionable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was my first stay at a Towneplace, i was suprised at the size of the rooms and the full kitchen, very convenient cause i was here for a few days. I was suprised that we couldn't hear air traffic from the airport across the street. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was a simple breakfast nothing to write home about. The only issue was staff was a little scare at times. i searched their little pantry/snack area but no one was around so i didn't purchase anything.
overall i believe i will stay here again if I am in this area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Detroit, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the night before our flight out of Tampa. The room was ok, but extremely small for two people and two suitcases. Very close to the airport, which surprisingly did not have much air traffic noise. This hotel is also very close to a mall with a few nice restaurants. I would recommend this hotel when needing to stay close to the airport for an early flight. Perfect for a business traveler, but not great for an extended vacation.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
TPSAvion, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore / Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I’m pleased to hear that you appreciated the proximity of the hotel to the airport. Also, that even though we are this close to the airport the noise level is non-existent. When this hotel was being built one of the main considerations was to ensure that the airport traffic noise not be a deterrent to our guests. I would like to share that we do offer 2 other room types, our One-Bedroom and Two-Bedroom suites that provide more square footage if interested for the future. Thanks again for your time and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Abel Bohorquez
Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We checked in on a Friday night for a short weekend getaway to Tampa. The front desk receptionist was friendly and offered up suggestions on what to do and where to eat. We took a quick elevator ride up to our room and got to our room.

We were pleasantly surprised at how much they were able to fit into the room - a sink, stovetop, dishwasher, microwave, upper cabinets, and a 5 foot tall fridge. There was a moderate sized closet for your luggage, coats, etc with some shelving and the iron and ironing board. Then there's a desk area with more shelving space and a moveable desk, a desk chair, arm chair with a foot rest, queen-sized bed with a full bathroom and another closet. The space doesn't feel cramped at all. It is very well laid out.

The towels leave something to be desired. They're hard and have seen better days. The room was pretty clean. There was some hair on the ceiling, which was really odd.

The walls are very thin. You can hear everything and you can certainly hear everything from the hallways.

The breakfast is adequate. They offer some fruits, yogurts, cereals and orange juice.

The hotel is literally across the street from the airport, but you can't hear planes taking off or road noise. A hotel shuttle is available to the Port and to the airport. They even offer park and fly packages to leave your car here.

The parking was fine for us. This doesn't seem to be a particularly busy time of year, though. I can see where the parking might get dicey.

The pool is so long! You could do laps in it and get in a lot of distance. It was too cold to use, but definitely worth checking out when it's warmer. They also have a bbq out back to use.

Oh, and most importantly, they're pet-friendly for a small fee!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This place was very fresh and clean. The only problem was tring to find someone at the front desk. I came up a couple of times to buy food and drinks but no one was to befound. I would recommend this plac e again

Room Tip: The 3rd floor 2 room suite was very clean and quiet!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
St. Albert, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. It was quiet and the staff were great. We were able to check in early around noon with no issues. Rooms were very clean, small, but comfortable. Breakfest was just okay, but the price we paid was very good so we were not too concerned about the breakfest. Close to shopping as there is a large mall less than a mile away. Great place to eat at the mall as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Nice, clean hotel with a great staff. Location makes it ideal for business travel but not so much for vacation travel. Rooms had a full complement of kitchenware which was clean and useful. Room service didn’t skimp on replacing the coffee either (I am a coffee drinker), another nice bonus. Furniture showed a bit wear and tear but nothing to make you adverse to sit on. The little shop in the lobby has a decent selection of name brand “emergency snacks” at convenience store prices. Both WiFi and plug-in Internet worked like a champ from my room. Check-out was a breeze. All in all I would stay there again with no problems.

Room Tip: Recommend not getting one near the elevator or lobby. The 8pm activities scheduled tehre can get a b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had a manager once that refused to stay anywhere except Marriott properties. Now that I'm self-employed and always looking for a great deal, I'm thinking exactly like he did - but for different reasons.

I've found every Marriott property (mostly the lower-end hotels) consistently exceed my expectations.

This one was no different.

We checked in at 10am in the morning - really early, but they found us a just-cleaned room.
I was hungry, and their breakfast had finished a couple of hours earlier. I went to the front desk to ask where I could buy some fruit, and he said "wait a minute" ... went into the back and brought me a couple of apples and a banana. For free.

The front desk help pointed us toward a couple of good, local restaurants that proved very good as well.

Overall - I'm a Marriott convert.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore / Airport? Share your experiences!