“Close to Airport with Free Shuttle” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #61 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Close to Airport with Free Shuttle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

My husband, 7 year old daughter, and myself stayed in this hotel on Sunday, April 8 (Easter Sunday). We got off of the cruise ship in Tampa at 8AM and took a taxi directly to the hotel. Our flight was not until 9:30PM, so we rented the hotel in order to have a place to rest during the day. The hotel was $113 per night with the AAA discount.

When we got there, they were able to give us a room right away which was great. Breakfast was still out in the lobby (very simple stuff like apples, packages of oatmeal, packaged muffins, and boxes of cereal) so we helped ourselves. Then, we went to our room to have breakfast and watch tv for a while.

The rooms are simple...probably a step down from the Residence Inn properties. However, it was great for our needs and was well priced, so we were happy. Our room had a small kitchen area, desk, pull out bed, tv, and king-sized bed. It was furnished in a modern style.

After relaxing for a while, we put on our bathing suits and spent the afternoon in the pool area. The pool is narrow but quite long and has quite a few loungers and tables/chairs around it. It was almost deserted and we had a nice time relaxing there. We then showered and walked to the hotel next door for dinner.

The hotel offered a shuttle to the International Mall as well as to the airport. We didn't go to the mall but did go to the airport. The shuttle was prompt and easy to use.

This hotel is a good value for the money and we would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cpotter01

MEADVILLE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

We appreciated the 2-bedroom suite for our party of 7. There was noise from the floor above, but I think other customers were complaining and management took care of it. Breakfast, though, was a disappointment. I don't think it would take very much to improve it easily. Perhaps we were just there on a busy family weekend morning.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Pt. Pleasant, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Just finished up 2 nights here while on business. It was 1 mile from my customer's office, so convenience was very good. (Although there are a ton of other Marriott properties within that same mile.) My room was clean and the front desk help were extremely friendly and helpful.

But for my corporate rate of $159, I expected more. In fact, I'm not sure I would necessarily book a Towneplace Suites room again. The breakfast was okay (yogurt, cereal, apples, bananas, packaged muffins.) The internet worked well, no issues there. But there was just something "cheap" about the property.

On the plus side, there are 2 malls within 2 miles of the hotels, loaded with shops and restaurants. The pro football and baseball stadiums are close by as well.

There was a small, but clean pool area in back of the hotel. And a tiny exercise room.

I guess the bottom line is I expect a bit more service at $159 a night. But then again, this is FL in February, everything is expensive "in season."

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We reserved a one-night stay at this hotel prior to leaving for an early morning flight. We spent the day in Orlando at Sea World and drove back to Tampa around 8 p.m. Our kids, ages two and four, fell asleep in the car and we wanted to move them from the car to our hotel room as quickly as possible. I called the hotel when we were about an hour away to request a pack in play be set up in our room prior to our arrival. When I called, Holly at the front desk mentioned the pack n plays were all being used. I thought that would be the end of it, but she said she would find one for us by calling around to other properties. Sure enough, when we arrived an hour later she quickly checked me in, pointed out the closest parking area to our hotel room (which she very nicely upgraded for us), and the pack n play was ready to go. Our room was very clean and in great condition, the beds comfortable, and the breakfast simple but with healthy offerings and just what we needed. The man at the front desk the next morning was also extremely helpful and cheerful. I will definitely stay in this hotel on our next visit to this area, I appreciate wonderful customer service and there was an abundance of it at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I stayed here because everything outside of the airport area was booked solid due to conventions and such. I picked it as it looked clean and fairly new based on the ratings and reviews. It was easy to get to and had quick highway access which I needed as I was traveling around the Tampa market on business.

I was worried that I would be hearing jets all night long but was surprised to find that they insulated from outdoor noise very well. It's the interior insulation that they completely left out of the equation. I could hear the man above me snoring, the guy to the left of me peeing and the girl to the right of me puking. Made for pleasing sound effects during my 3 day stay -NOT!

The room had cheap finishes, a very loud air conditioner and the worst toiletries ever. And shame on you Marriott for not even supplying even a 1 oz. bottle of lotion.

The parking is also terrible with a tiny back lot. Many times I would have to park way in the front of the hotel in a lot that was shared by car rental businesses and not lit very well at night. Not a safe feeling for a female traveler in a foreign city.

I won't be staying here again, and will think twice before I stay at a TownSuite by Marriott property again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the stairwells and elevator. They only add to the noisiness of those given...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank brashsassy
mass
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Polite staff,minimal breakfast,but free,decent size rooms(2 queens in each bedroom). If travelling with a family you will not find a better deal.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Central Oregon, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

I stayed here because of the positive TripAdvisor reviews. I'm glad I did. The hotel is convenient, comfortable, clean, and quiet. The level of customer service was so good that I sent the following email to the manager. I think is says it all.

Thank you again for the excellent customer service from you and your staff on September 21st. As we discussed, my flight to Tampa was 3 hours late. I arrived after 1am, called the hotel, and thought I knew where to wait for your shuttle. I was wrong. Jared at the front desk did an excellent job of handling the situation, especially in the presence of a frustrated, crabby traveler. Jared was pleasant, professional, and he solved the problem. I was also very impressed when I called down to the front desk in the morning (the real morning, not the middle of the night morning!). You didn't just grant my request, you obviously saw a note on my record which Jared must have entered about the shuttle issue and you asked me about it. A long time ago, I was a retail store manager. I wish I could say I had always handled things as well as you and Jared did, but I wasn't always that good.

Kudos to you and your staff. I hope to see you again.

Room Tip: All room locations are good. No noisy side.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business