“Pet the Stingrays” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 211 things to do in Tampa
Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This aquarium features a fascinating array of animals and birds found along Florida's waterways.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Pet the Stingrays”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My grandkids come for a visit every summer and they always want to visit the Florida Aquarium. They love to pet the stingrays !!!! also let the kids wear something they can get wet because after the walk through the Aquarium you have to stop and enjoy the water activities.

• Turkish first
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Nice day out w the family take kids swimwear!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We enjoyed walking around the aquarium. Then the kids had a blast running through the splash pad at the end. (They serve cocktails at the place next to the splashpad)

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A great way to spend a few hours!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This aquarium was fantastic! The exhibits were very interesting and educational. My daughter, a budding photographer, thoroughly enjoyed all that this aquarium offered. We spent a few hours here and would definitely visit again if ever in the area.

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 241 helpful votes
“Got the annual - kinda regret it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I purchased the family annual pass and now I have regrets. We went their this weekend and it WAS A ZOO (no pun intended)! They let in all kind of riffraff and enforce no clothing policy whatsoever! We had our 2 year old with us and I am worried about what she saw and heard! The port was very busy with cruise goers and I think they were letting those people in by droves. It was WAY too crowded to remotely enjoy and it was NOT a family environment. Several patrons were getting drunk (did not know they sold alcohol there) and we did not enjoy our time at all. I will probably not go back. The exhibits appeared to be nice - what a shame!

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I'm a Pisces.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Of course, I liked it! It is a beautiful place but doesn't take very long to see everything. Food is expensive and you don't get a lot for your money.

Visited October 2012