“Fun!” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Zoos, Nature/ Wildlife Areas
Activities: Viewing wildlife, Birdwatching, Dining
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Busch Gardens(R) Tampa is the ultimate family adventure, offering 297 acres of fascinating attractions based on exotic explorations around the world. A unique blend of thrilling rides, one of the country's premier zoos with more than 12,000 animals, live shows, restaurants, shops and games, Busch Gardens Tampa provides unrivaled excitement for guests of every age.
Florida
24 attraction reviews
“Fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I went here on a weekday (I live about 10 minutes away) and had a good time. We (3 adults in our mid-thirties) arrived approximately 9:30 am (park opened at 9) and were parked and on a tram to the park in 5 minutes. We stayed till 530. Parking is $15. I used a kiosk to pick up my ticket that I purchased online and we all also bought "fast passes" which allow you to bypass the long lines. The only thing I didn't like about the fast pass was that it only allowed you to use it once per ride (there are about 10 rides that are eligible) with one free "bonus ride" but it was much cheaper as I understand it from the other parks ($35). Without this pass we would have been waiting in long lines so it was well spent money - would recomend if it is a busy day (we had a lot of spring breakers). We went on all the major rides (Cheetah Chase was our overall favorite). The Rhino Ralley had a 50 minute wait but with the fast pass we were on in about 10 minutes. I would have been disapopinted if we waited 50 minutes. The Scorpion and Sand Seprant (the little roller coaster) had long lines and were not fast pass eligible so we skipped them. The animals were out and about when we were there and seemed very well taken care of. Food was OK, lines were long and there wasn't much of a healthy selection at the little booths (we didn't want to take the time to go into one of the restuaraunts on site - might have had more variety). Expect pricing for food to be similar to a movie theatre. Bathrooms were not as clean as I would have expected. We put our personal belongings in a locker at the front of the park next to the bakery, which was $7, but you could open and close it as much as you wanted vs the other lockers which were cheaper but one time use. Depends upon your preference. Overall a great day here and because I'm a Florida resident I can go back on my fun card pass until the end of the year. The park did get more crowded as the day got later, so would recomend going in the morning and getting the more popular rides done (especially if you don't have a fast pass) to avoid longer lines.

• Polish first
UK
6 attraction reviews
“Thought it would be more of a zoological garden”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Some very good interactive animals display where you could get hands on with the animals, you could feed the kangaroos and go into some of the bird enclosures when the parrots were flying around so lots of close up photos could be taken. The train ride gives you a good overview of the park generally, and the sky ride and safari jeep experience is worth the wait as you can get close to the Serengeti plains animals. But I thought that the venue would be more of a zoo than theme parked ride based, it can be looked around in a day if you are not queuing for rides. It cost $10 to park all day and $85 dollars for 2 days entry pass per adult which was expensive. Overall I was a bit disappointed.

Madison, WI
4 attraction reviews
“Quick Que Pass was worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

First time at BG. We've done Universal & Disney in years past. BG is not up to par with either of those in terms of organization. Difficult to navigate the park as signs are sporadic. Staff was not as "professional" as Univ or Disney.

Other than the newer roller coasters, rides are pretty standard. Wait times for popular rides (esp Cheetah Hunt) could b be 2 hrs! We purchased Quick Que passes in our 2nd day and were VERY happy we did!!! Max wait using Quick Que was 15 min! However, the $35 QQ pass can be used on only 9 specific rides & only once on each of those. Then there's a "bonus" 10th QQ on the pass that can be used on any of the 9 rides. In other words, you can do QQ twice only 1 of the QQ rides. The more expensive $60 QQ pass is unlimited.

Animal exhibits were OK, but really nothing we hadn't seen at other zoos. Rhino Rally is a very brief safari ride. If you want a longer, more interactive safari experience, it'll cost $39 per person! By the way, parking is $15. They really get ya one way or another! Our hotel had a free shuttle tiffin BG fortunately.

Food was typical amusement park quality. Zambia Smokehouse was our choice & it was just ok. Lots of restaurants nearby so easy to leave the park for a meal & return later w/hand stamp.

I doubt we would do BG again. It was fun, but nothing spectacular esp considering the price. Could use a coat of paint in general. We did find the BG app to be quite useful since it provided wait times for rides & GPS-assisted maps.

Holiday, Florida
“fun place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

located in tampa bay florida. many types of rides to enjoy. on the facility a large free parking with your annual admission pass.

Visited May 2012
10 attraction reviews
“Waste of money and time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed in Orlando area, used the free bus transportation provided. Waited foe the bus by Seaworld, place does not have anything but a parking lot, no info area. Waited for bus, bus came, people run like stupid, trying to figure out if it was the right bus. When driver finally open door, he never said anything. Waited for a long time with out any word from driver. It took us an hour or so to get to Busch Gardens. It was crowded, if you want to ask question, you have to get in line. Like other parks in Orlando, they sell quick queue cards. I purchased for me and my 7 yrs. old daughter. Seller saw my daughter, and did not say anything about height restrictions. When we went to go look for rides, she did not meet the height req. it is not as nice as Busch Gardens in Virginia! A lot of animals, but if you need to get a good look, it will cost you extra! A lot of good shows as well, but you have to get I line 30 min. Before hand. Food sucks! Nothing but burgers, hot dogs, sweets nothing decent! And set up is so un organized. There is always a crowd and long line. We got frustrated and just sat down and waited for 7 pm to catch our bus!

Visited March 2013

Been to Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Busch Gardens, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later