“2 night stay for wedding” 4 of 5 stars

Hyde Park Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2105 West Bristol Ave, Tampa, FL 33606   |
Ranked #88 of 159 hotels in Tampa
DeLand, Florida
“2 night stay for wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Nice small boutique hotel, not fancy but comfortable and good price. Very clean, includes small kitchenette with dishes, pots, micro, stove and refrig. Lots of places to eat nearby. Hotel located In the SoHo district of Tampa. Room quiet on first floor. Comfy king bed too. Nice touch with toiletries in bathroom. Parking lot located next to building.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Great room, great rate!
Comfy and very clean. Freshly remodeled!
Located in a great part of town for dining. Convenient to a Sweet Bay Grocery Store (with a liquor store) and a CVS.
$15 cab ride to The Forum.
We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed February 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

When I got there I wished I spent a little more to get something a little nicer. I chose this place for the proximity to places we were going that evening. It is very close to a number of local bars and Berns. Yet, the bars were mostly college students and not really much of a mixed crowd anywhere in that area that I saw.

The person who checked me in was friendly.

The hotel said it was newly renovated - but it did not seem like it. The bathroom was soooo tiny. The room was pretty small, which I expected. The beds were very uncomfortable. The bathroom wasn't as clean as I would have hoped.

I mean overall - I only paid $100 for one night, but still I could have spent like $50 more and gotten something much nicer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I booked the hotel for a night for my husbands birthday and our Anniversary. We had reservations for Berns steakhouse so I thought it would be nice to stay within walking distance for a night for a getaway. The hotel has been renovated but our room was really noisy. Air handler outside of our window running in constant intervals the entire night. Got very little sleep (I can usually sleep through anything) but this was loud. Wooden blinds in the room were not fitted properly to the window so light came in early. I am glad we only had one night stay. Convenient to Berns which was helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

On March 12, 2012 I enjoyed several days’ stay in the Hyde Park Hotel in the SOHO (South Howard Avenue) area of Tampa, Florida. What a fantastic place! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and am looking forward to my next opportunity to return.

The Hyde Park Hotel is an older building in one of the most desirable of neighborhoods in South Tampa. It is within walking distance to many restaurants, bars and other attractions in the area. A Sweetbay Grocery and CVS pharmacy are within a short walk as are Starbucks and Panera Bread. Much more interesting are the local one-of-a-kind treasures such as Bern’s Steakhouse, Side Berns, Tiny Tap Tavern and the list goes on and on. Also worth noting is that the Hyde Park Hotel is only a few blocks away from Hyde Park Village which is the next neighborhood over. Hyde Park Village is another charming and walkable part of town filled with even more bars, restaurants and shopping. Bayshore Boulevard which is inarguably the most beautiful place in all of Tampa is only a few blocks to the south.

The reservation and check-in process is quick and efficient. After I made my reservation, I received an email with the code to the lobby door and a different code for a small lockbox beside the door of my room which contained the room key. After pulling into the parking lot, I was standing in my room, checked in and ready to unpack in less than one minute. I really don’t get what’s up with these other reviewers who complain about the absence of on-site management or refer to this process as a “lack of customer service.” Perhaps you people would rather stand in line and wait? If you have any questions or need anything at all, someone will either be in the office at the hotel, or there is a call box you can use. On the occasions that I used the call box, the phone was answered on the second ring by the owner himself. How’s that for customer service?

The rooms are small, as you should expect in an older property. I found everything to be clean and in great working order. My room had a fully equipped kitchen with full-sized appliances. I had no issues with the AC in the room, I kept it on low at night and was perfectly comfortable. There are coin-op laundry facilities on site.

Let me make a special note about the blazing-fast WiFi! My work is dependent upon technology and a fast and solid Internet connection is a must. The Hyde Park Hotel deserves extra credit for delivering fantastic and FREE WiFi.

In summary, I can’t recommend this place highly enough. The property is great; the owner is a great guy and is easily accessible if you have any needs or questions. Some of the other reviewers apparently need hand-holding and babysitting. Folks like this should stay at a chain hotel near the Interstate or stay home. For travelers who want to really experience this wonderful city and especially the unique neighborhood in which this hotel lies, give the Hyde Park Hotel a try. You won’t regret it.

Room Tip: Book in advance and don't wait until the last minute, especially on holiday weekends.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Naples, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012 via mobile

First, the building is not air conditioned which, in FL, is unacceptable! There is a window unit type A/C in the wall (not even in the window) that blows out at about knee level. This place has not been updated in any modern way at all. The little bit of furniture shoved into the already too small room is mismatched and old, but not quite antique. The kitchen area had a good sized fridge but there was a fist-sized moldy-edged gross hold in the kitchen area ceiling. The bed was an awful old thing that squeaked terribly and I could feel each individual spring poking my back. The bathroom is tiny. I will say it was not actually dirty but it just felt moldy. The location in Hyde Park is actually really great, except that it's next to a construction company that was doing some kind of very loud, disruptive work before 7am!! There was no kind of check in, they email you a code for the door and then a code for a lock box outside the room to get the key, so zero customer service. I did hear a girl who was also staying there say that it was "so cute", so I tried to be more open-minded. Maybe they were going for some kind of quaint feeling. If they were I think they obviously missed the mark. I hated every minute of my several day stay here and now my husband is not allowed to pick hotels without my prior apporval. The only reason I didn't score this all 1s is b/c it wasn't totally dirty and I'm sure there are some Motel 6s out there that would be worse.

• Stayed March 2012
Tarpon Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I needed a hotel that was near the Tampa Convention Center. Other hotels that I found were $250+ per night. This hotel offered both the right location with the right price. The room exceeded my expectations. It was immaculate. It had a full kitchen, TV, and a working A/C unit that wasn't too loud. Plenty of closet space. The shower was small, but it was clean and looks newly renovated. I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
hydeparkhotel, Owner at Hyde Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
We’re glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again. We have only been open a few years and are continuing to make improvements and upgrades...

Been to Hyde Park Hotel? Share your experiences!