“my stay...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Denver, Pennsylvania
“my stay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

do not put in rooms that you know door doesn't work nice girl at desk with blonde hair but the rest staff is not as well I complain and complain to Spanish girl and she never help me only make me wait for tomorrow she very rude and not care about needs I wish I could deal with other girl whole stay but I come from work aftr 3 and this girl already here and she stay in office next to desk never notice im there until ring the bell I see sometime might not be able to switch room if dont have but she very nasty and make me feel upset when ask her for anything I think her name cristy please tell her attitude not good need to treat people way they treat her other girl very good remember my name everday and ask me how I doing how room is what I need she help me a lot

Room Tip: make sure door opens
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Tom H, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you ver much for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor review and for your candor. Please rest assured that I will speak to the General Manager about this and to both of the employees that you mention - good and bad. I want to assure you that we take guest commentary very seriously, and will take action to improve that which you state was bad or lacking. I am sorry that one of our Front Desk associates did not provide you the kind of service you have a right to expect and that we want to be absolutely sure is given to all of our guests. I am glad that you found everything else to be acceptable, and thank you again for having taken the time to let us know how we are doing. Have a wonderful day.

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lake Worth, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is a good hotel with a very friendly staff that seem to get along well together. The room was quiet and clean. Breakfast was the expected plus waffle maker, eggs & sausage, and hard boiled eggs. It has basic amenities for a business traveler.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Tom H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to contribute a Trip Advisor review of this property. I am very happy that you found the staff to be friendly and accomodating and the room clean. If you ever require lodging in the Tampa area in the future, we would be delighted to welcome you to the hotel as our guest again. Have a wonderful day!
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

4G doesn't penetrate the building so you have to sign on to their internet and watch a video EVERY TIME your computer falls asleep or you use and app on your phone. Doesn't sound like much but doing business in this hotel takes twice as long and it is to further profit from the guests, not to serve the guests. I am in the hospitality business (I work on hotels) and this is not usual, you can get free wifi faith no strings attached from a McDonalds or Chicfilet but not your hotel room .

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Tom H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
I apologize for the problems you experienced with the hotel's WIFI. I understand that internet access is vital to doing work away from the office in this day and age. You do not say whether you spoke with hotel staff about the issue you were having connecting to the internet. There is a way that our WIFI provider can read your computer's MAC address and keep that computer permanently connected to the WIFI, bypassing the need to log in, preventing being timed out, etc. If you did contact the Front Desk and the representative did not offer you that solution, I am also sorry for that. I do assure you that it works, and reiterate my sincere apology for the problems you experienced. If you would like to discuss anything further, I would welcome your call at 813-490-9090.
Smithfield, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Two dogs barking in room after owners leave for night-on-the- town. This was complemented by another one further down the hall. Operator said she called the room and left a message, Since dogs always mark their space, made us wonder how many times our carpet had been marked. Breakfast atmosphere would have been better if we had blinders on. Best part of the whole experience was when we left, never to go back !

Room Tip: If you travel with animals and eat with animals, very nice place to stay.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Tom H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We always do everything we can to try to insure that every guest enjoys a stay that is up to the standards he or she expects. La Quinta is a pet friendly brand. We require every guest who checks in with a pet to sign a pet agreement form which on which the pet owner agrees to be liable for any damage caused by a pet, and which gives us a cell phone number to contact him should his pet be a disturbance to other guests. With regard to the cleanliness of pet rooms, please be assured that our housekeeping staff takes special care to insure that all rooms, including those occupied with people who came a pet, are cleaned to the highest standard possible. I reiterate my sincerest apology that you were disturbed by pets on your floor and did not enjoy your stay. If there is anything you would like to discuss further, I would welcome your call at 813-490-9090. Thank you for your review.
Tampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We had a pleasant 5 day stay. The staff was friendly,efficient,and easy to get along with.Room was clean.Breakfast bar was quite good although towards the end of the time(6-9AM) the food tended to be depleted.Neighborhood was fine.Would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Tom H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. It is always very nice to hear from one of our guests that we have succeeded in our mission. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future and recommend us to your friends. Thank you also for your additional comments about the replenishment of the breakfast bar and again for taking the time to post a review.
Mount Carmel, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Very comfortable, clean, and sufficient. Daytime staff is excellent! A very well kept property. Not far from several attractions, malls or restaurants. The front desk staff and housekeeping go above and beyond to make sure you are well satisfied and assure you a comfortable stay. We will definitely be staying with them again in the future.

Room Tip: The king suite is spacious and comfortable
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Tom H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us. We try very hard to keep our guests happy and to insure that product and service quality are up to the highest standards, and I am always delighted to hear that someone's experience here has been positive. Thank you as well for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. Guest feedback - positive and negative - is of paramount importance in an industry such as ours, and I appreciate your taking to the time to contribute a Trip Advisor review of this property.
Tampa, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Just too many guests wearing dirty clothes at breakfast that just got up and let their rooms to have breakfast for me to think I might have to walk on that carpet, sleep in that same room as they just came out of for me to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Tom H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on trip advisor. We are always looking to improve our product and services. We understand how you feel, but rest assured, we have an excellent cleaning staff that ensures every room is cleaned to the highest standard of cleanliness. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and hope you will give us another try in the future.