“Attracts wrong guests for me.” 2 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3826 West Waters Avenue, Tampa, FL 33614   |
Ranked #61 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, United States
“Attracts wrong guests for me.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Just too many guests wearing dirty clothes at breakfast that just got up and let their rooms to have breakfast for me to think I might have to walk on that carpet, sleep in that same room as they just came out of for me to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Tom H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on trip advisor. We are always looking to improve our product and services. We understand how you feel, but rest assured, we have an excellent cleaning staff that ensures every room is cleaned to the highest standard of cleanliness. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and hope you will give us another try in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
lithonia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Great service and staff-too much noise in hallways at night and early morning by children allowed to run down floors yelling and slamming doors. Rooms very clean and comfortable, damage to door and curtains from prior stay not repaired before our stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Tom H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the property on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that all issues with the room were not fully addressed prior to your stay. Please rest assured that we take our guests' comments to heart and continually make every effort to keep fully abreast of room issues that need to be addressed. I am pleased that you found the staff and service to be up to par, and hope to see you again in the future if you ever require lodging in Tampa.
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

After a mess up with our reservation (the online reservation website is outdated and it obviously doesn't work, since they didn't have my reservation I made), our stay was good, thanks to the staff. Unfortunately we had the room right next to the elevator, which meant it was quite noisy, the people not the elevator (slow moving). Breakfast could have more variety, but it was a good start to our day nonetheless. And for some reason, we could not get a good connection to the Wifi. A good location for anyone racing at the Tampa BMX track.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you despite the mix up with the reservations website. We hope that you will return if you ever come to Tampa for BMX racing or another purpose. If you call us for a reservation, or give us a call after making one online, one of our front desk people would be delighted to note in your reservation that your prefer to be in a room which is not near the elevator. I am happy that you found the staff to be nice and accommodating and thank you again for your review.
Ft Lauderdale, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel is new, and nice. Our room was spacious with 2 queen beds and fridge/ microwave. It was generally clean. The staff was nice. The breakfast was good, but they did not make sure the food was refilled. The location was average.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Miami, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The staff if friendly. The free breakfast was not bad, it was average but free. The room was in need of maintenance. Floor tiles were loose in the bathroom and shower head was dirty with no pressure. Other than that, average stay. I would recommend this hotel to a friend hoping that not all rooms are in need of maintenance.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Bell, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My family had 2 rooms here over the Christmas Holiday. My husband and I had a King suite. The bathroom and room were clean & the bed comfortable. The room is showing some signs of wear, but repairs have been made. The only thing I found not working was the lock on the bathroom door. This was not a problem for us... My kids had a 2 queen bed room. My son said their bathroom door did not lock either. That bothered him more than us...he was sharing the room with his sister. He also said there was some fine black particles on the floor under the window. Otherwise the room was clean. The towels are thick, complementary soap and shampoo are provided as well as a blow dryer.
The continental breakfast was adequate. There are waffles (you make them), eggs, yoguart, fruit, packets to make oatmeal & grits, cereal, bagels, muffins, toast and probably more stuff I didn't notice. There is also coffee, milk, juice & teabags to make tea. Coffee is available 24/7.
The desk personnel were professional, courteous & efficient. Our check in took about 5 minutes.
We actually stayed at the motel on Christmas Day as all our family had prior engagements with "in-laws". The king suite room is large enough to set up a small Christmas tree and have room for numerous presents as well.
This motel is 4 story and has indoor corridors and an elevator. There is also an exercise room that has 3 machines in it. We did not check out the pool...was a little cool for that!
This has become our go to motel when in Tampa and will stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: The motel is pet friendly and anyone with pets are on the first floor...I would get a room on anothe...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MELBORNE, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

i have to say the property was great, breakfast was good - could have used a bit of a variety BUT MY MAIN CONCERN IS WHAT I ARRIVED TO, KRYSTAL WORKING THE FRONT DESK WAS HANGING AT THE DESK WITH A FRIEND AND IGNORED ME COMPLETELY FOR A WHILE THEN WHEN I SPOKE UP SHE SEEMED BOTHERED AND FRUSTRATED. SHE HAD A VERY LOUD ANNOYING PHONE RINGING OVER AND OVER WITH MUSIC PLAYING AS THE TONE. SHE WAS LOUD HERSELF AND ALMOST YELLING MY CREDIT CARD AND CHECK IN INFORMATION VERY VERY ANNOYING AND AGAINST HIPAA LAWS! but over night when i needed anything ALMA was there to serve she was very helpful and jumped to everyones needs immediately at checkout i met SAMANTHA who was completely concerned with my stay, she apologized for all of my concerns and took notes and made jokes and got me to laugh and pretty much made sure i was coming back no matter what. when i walked out i realized i was smiling and thats what will make me return, the way i felt at departure because the way i felt at arrival i was NEVER coming back. so i say to La Quinta, kudos on two of the best desk employees Alma & Samantha, but fix the mistake you have greeting your guests if you expect them to come back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central? Share your experiences!