“Clean room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Clean room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Used reward points for this room. Check-in was extremely slow compared to other LQ properties. Was told that we would be charged $1 on our credit card because of the safe in the room (???). We asked if that would be refunded upon checkout, we were told "I don't think so because there is no way to tell if you used the safe in the room." It was only $1 so we didn't argue. When we received our bill in the AM, this charge had been reversed and our bill showed a $0 balance, as it should with a free night. It was just a very odd thing for them to do, in our opinion. We've never had that before when using points. The room was roomy and clean and the night was quiet. Breakfast area was clean and well-stocked.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Coral Gables, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Reserved a rm for 4-wife, 2 kids, me-with the promise of a king + pullout. The rm had 1 bed. We complained & they said they'd look for another rm. 20 mins later we tried to leave but were told they were still going to charge us! I demanded to see a rm suitable for 4. They refused unless I showed my email confirm-they were trying to prove I'd only reserved a "King room." A horrible altercation ensued. I was stunned & outraged at what a brazen scam they were trying to pull. Total hell, but in the end they didn't charge me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was a 2 week stay, due to relocation for a job promotion.
The manager, Mike, was AWESOME! He gave me the best rate, and gave the best guest service ever! Rooms are very clean, and the entire hotel was clean clean and clean! Location is very convinient ... Loved it and will come back again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Very impressed with this location. Stayed 2 nights with family. The hotel was very clean, the front desk staff was nice and helpful. We had 3 rooms and no one had any complaints. Busch Gardens is about 12 minutes away. If I have to complain I would on the pool closure time, it closes at 9:00pm and so does Busch Gardens so we were not able to utilize the pool during our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have been to the Tampa La Quinta my last two times down and will continue to stay with them for as long as I continue to visit. The staff is always pleasant and accommodating even with my 4 kids lol. I would recommend this hotel to any of my family or friends. Only down side for me is the bed is not as comfortable as my own, however I do own a memory foam mattress so I am a little spoiled. For most the pillow tops are just fine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central? Share your experiences!