“Too expensive for what you get.” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3826 West Waters Avenue, Tampa, FL 33614   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #67 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Jacksonville, Florida
“Too expensive for what you get.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Paid $122 for Saturday night, then $113 for Sunday and Monday night.
Front desk person working at night is not very accommodating. When I informed her that I needed more towels, she told me that she's working alone and I will have to come down to pick them up myself. This is no problem but her attitude of not being apologetic for lack of help is inexcusable. Is La Quinta hiring people without hospitality degree/experience? She appeared like she is just there because she needs a job. No attempt to please customers at all. On our first day, housekeeping walked in as we were leaving. They took all the towels but never replaced them. They did not empty the trash, did not make beds, did not replenish toilet paper.The bifold door to the closet was falling out of track but was not fixed What did they do in our room?
We came in late that night and I had to do all of those myself. If I am spending $122/night, I better be getting these basic services. Very annoying!
They are proud to advertise flat screen tv but the channels they provide are not high def so what's the use.
Hotel has mediocre insulation- can hear neighbors and cars.
Beds are sagging, not the most comfortable.
There are only 2 icemakers for the entire hotel and the 3rd floor unit was broken.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Blacksburg, Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This La Quinta is located away from any other hotels or restaurants - closest to a Walmart. You have to wonder how it got tucked away where it is - but close to main roads and only a few miles from George Steinbrenner stadium where the Yankees play spring ball. The trip was a bus vacation to watch spring training games and it was a good, central location for most. The rooms are ample and clean. The staff helpful although not particularly well trained in the "greeting and welcoming" of guests. My room was cleaned well each day and, except for the first night when I had a crying baby next to me, very quiet. I found the bed comfortable (unlike some reviewers - firm but that's the way I prefer a bed to be. The breakfast was the usual hotel free food - scramble eggs or frozen "omlets," self serve waffles, oatmeal, bagels, etc. The staff worked to keep things stocked during the meal. The hotel does have room service although I didn't try it. Small exercise room and pool. Not a destination hotel for sure but a good business stop and central to the Tampa, St Pete area.

Room Tip: There are no "views" in the hotel. Some of my fellow travelers had "suite" which...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Altamonte Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Doing a midweek trip to see the Titanic Exhibit and the Tampa Zoo, we spent one night here. The hotel is fairly easy to find, the hotel is nice, the room was good, and there was no noise at night. The A/C was quiet and keep a steady temperature. There is only limited cable choices, and the toilet was a little hard to flush. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Newish hotel but just not clean. Dust everywhere. Noisy ac that smelled. Beds were not that great. Definitely not worth the $100+ price they were charging. Breakfast is the typical minimal items. When the room smells it just make you thing the place is dirty.

• Stayed February 2013
Seneca, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Very disappointed with this motel. I read dozens of Trip Advisor reviews of hotels in Tampa area, this motel received lots of good reviews, so I tried it. Sorry I did! I use the word MOTEL because it's the best description of this place. DO NOT stay here for vacation or pleasure. It is located in a VERY bad part of town, with a deep fried chicken fast food place in the parking lot, and a wal mart behind it. It is located on the corner of two very large and noisy streets, with traffic noise all day & night. There is NOTHING in this motel to make it enjoyable. This motel provides free parking and free breakfast, and the rates are low, however, like most things in life, you get what you pay for! If you must stay for work, and need a cheap motel for a night, this place will suffice, but under no circumstances would I recommend it for a pleasure stay. We experienced a number of problems, and other unpleasant surprises with the room and staff, which I will not list in detail. When checking out, the manager asked us about our stay, and upon hearing our reply, gave us a free night, and apologies. However, I should have paid more, and received more at a better hotel in downtown, and had a more enjoyable vacation! Live and learn. I hope this review helps you make a better decision than I did.

Room Tip: Any room not facing the street, to help reduce the extreme traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central? Share your experiences!