“Issues” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Tamarac
Merritt Island, Florida
“Issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Adaquate suite with sitting room and kitchenette. Worst shower water pressure I've ever had and condom seen under bed but did not touch it to dispose of it. Room 109. Breakfast was okay. Better on Thursday than had been on Wednesday. Could use a good carpet cleaning(did not go barefoot on floor) and paint job. Also chairs werr sticky and we could not get them clean enough to use. Would we return ???? We'll have to think about that.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Booked several nights through Priceline and was disappointed in the outcome. The hotel is a bit out of the way but the rate obtained made up for it. Sections of the parking lot are rather dark at night and check-in is at the adjacent Comfort Suites. Despite calling ahead, I had a smoking room which the clerk readily changed. The lobby and breakfast areas are rather dingy. Loud banging filled the trek to the elevator, which had a smokey smell to it. The suite was rather small, though adequate since I had the room to myself. The queen bed filled the bedroom area leaving 12 inches between the bed and one wall a little more space allowed for a side table and clock. The furnishings are badly outdated an unappealing. Drawers did not close properly. The musty odor of the room was unpleasant. AC units were loud as was the bathroom vent which despite the noise did not seem to work. Connecting to the free wifi was a challenge as I had Apple devices that required using Safari for a connection. Once connected, the internet was often slow. Some glassware appeared dirty and the ice bucket lacked a liner. Except for the yogurt and fruit, I avoided the breakfast. If I had the choice, I would stay at one of the hotels further east on Commercial or north on University.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Although the rooms are outdated-old TV's, worn furniture- the rooms are a nice size, full kitchen , nice sitting area & separate bedroom. I found it quieter than most hotels- comfortable bed and friendly staff. My room was clean - but needs fresh paint and updating badly . Close to many restaurants, fast food, and shopping. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely come back. I had a no smoking room - on the 2nd flr.- felt safe, doors to the outside can only be opened by room key-well lit parking area. I travel alone, so that is a big issue for me. The free breakfast is nothing fancy but good- eggs, sausage, bacon, bagels, Danish ...lots of choices

Room Tip: my room was quiet and close to elevator( room203)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
TheresaC876, General Manager at MainStay Suites Tamarac, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for your time to let us know how we are doing. We plan on updating the rooms soon, new TVs are going to be delivered next week. I do hope you will stay with us again in the near future and you can see the updating we are doing.

Thank you again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We had a group of nine and one of us had reserved a room. When we pulled up, there were hookers in the parking lot and someone was complaining about a man walking into the rooms. He was not a guest but allowed to wander, even the next day. We should have left then. There was a hole in the ceiling in the bathroom above the bathtub and I didn't want my nieces shower for fear of a camera being in the hole. The pillows were mini size, the sofa was filthy and was uneven. The dressers in the bed room were too big and blocked the way to the second bed. There was no remote control for the bedroom tv. One of our room stunk of air freshener, the other of smoke. The good part, no bed bugs. The staff was horrific on checking in and the woman setting up the breakfast was useless. I realize that this may sound petty, but trust me, this isn't everything. Don't stay here.

Stayed December 2013
TheresaC876, General Manager at MainStay Suites Tamarac, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
It sounds like you were reviewing another hotel other than the Mainstay Suites. Although, I may not agree with what you wrote I do want to thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion. I could only agree that you personally may choose to avoid staying with us in the future.
Nassau, New Providence Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was our first time staying at this hotel. The check in was fast and the staff was nice. How ever, when we checked in to the room it had a very high smell of cigarette smoke, my girl find is elegiac to smoke. Then we noticed the whole hall way also smelt high of smoke. I went back to the front desk were they gave me a different room when I opened the door it was already some one staying in the room. When I went back to the front desk I saw a women complaining about the same thing with the smoke on the 3rd floor, the women at the desk said it was because the 4th floor is a smoking floor so the smoke comes in the smoke free rooms through the ac. The rooms was clean and nice it's just the smell of smoke. So I went back to the front desk were they told me they did not have any more rooms but the main stay and the comfort suites is a connecting hotel so they gave us a room on comfort this was a very nice and clean room. Mainstay is a good hotel if your a smoker but if you can't stand smoke avoid.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TheresaC876, General Manager at MainStay Suites Tamarac, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of our hotel. I can only apologize at this moment for your experience at our hotel. We are a non smoking and smoking property so there are times that we are just not able to control the smell of smoke from guest rooms. I am happy to hear that they moved you to our completely non smoking property, Comfort Suites, and was able to accommodate you that way.

I do hope you will consider staying with us again should you travel back to the area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel is really great! Great Pool, great room. Breakfast was nice. It was more than just a continental breakfast. All of the staff was busy taking care of the property. However, we reserved a king size suite and we were put in a queen/full size room. We were told that it was the only room available. The sofa/bed had to be turned around in order to open it. If you find the top drawer under the TV broken, it is because the bed/sofa doesn't really fit in the living room area. When we first arrived we noticed that the drawer was broke and we reported it. The staff wasn't to worried about it. The next morning when we tried to fold the sofa, we realized why the drawer was broke. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again. I liked it a lot. I liked it even more than the hotel I stayed at the night before, which was a gold metal hotel. MaiStay should be a gold metal hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel is a great value. You will enjoy your stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TheresaC876, General Manager at MainStay Suites Tamarac, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
First, I must thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. We are in the process of changing some of the furniture in the room so that the Sofa bed could be opened easier.

I do hope you will allow us to be of service to you again should you travel back to our area.

Again, thank you and hopefully we will see you again.
paradera
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed here with my family of 5 for 10 days. The one bedroom suite is a bit small but good enough for us as we were only planning to sleep in the hotel anyway. The sleeping sofa in the living area is comfortable.
Located close to our favorite restaurant and mall.
As it is hard to find hotels that accept parties of 5 in one room, we definitely will come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I know I am very late in responding to your review, but I wanted to take the time and thank you for letting us know what you liked about our property.

I can only hope that you will allow us to be of service to you again should you travel back to the Tamarac area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarac
Comfort Suites Sawgrass
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Sawgrass Grand
Sawgrass Grand
#4 of 4 in Sunrise
3.0 of 5 stars 564 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.

Been to MainStay Suites Tamarac? Share your experiences!