“If your not a smoker avoid” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Tamarac
Nassau, New Providence Island
“If your not a smoker avoid”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was our first time staying at this hotel. The check in was fast and the staff was nice. How ever, when we checked in to the room it had a very high smell of cigarette smoke, my girl find is elegiac to smoke. Then we noticed the whole hall way also smelt high of smoke. I went back to the front desk were they gave me a different room when I opened the door it was already some one staying in the room. When I went back to the front desk I saw a women complaining about the same thing with the smoke on the 3rd floor, the women at the desk said it was because the 4th floor is a smoking floor so the smoke comes in the smoke free rooms through the ac. The rooms was clean and nice it's just the smell of smoke. So I went back to the front desk were they told me they did not have any more rooms but the main stay and the comfort suites is a connecting hotel so they gave us a room on comfort this was a very nice and clean room. Mainstay is a good hotel if your a smoker but if you can't stand smoke avoid.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TheresaC876, General Manager at MainStay Suites Tamarac, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of our hotel. I can only apologize at this moment for your experience at our hotel. We are a non smoking and smoking property so there are times that we are just not able to control the smell of smoke from guest rooms. I am happy to hear that they moved you to our completely non smoking property, Comfort Suites, and was able to accommodate you that way.

I do hope you will consider staying with us again should you travel back to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel is really great! Great Pool, great room. Breakfast was nice. It was more than just a continental breakfast. All of the staff was busy taking care of the property. However, we reserved a king size suite and we were put in a queen/full size room. We were told that it was the only room available. The sofa/bed had to be turned around in order to open it. If you find the top drawer under the TV broken, it is because the bed/sofa doesn't really fit in the living room area. When we first arrived we noticed that the drawer was broke and we reported it. The staff wasn't to worried about it. The next morning when we tried to fold the sofa, we realized why the drawer was broke. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again. I liked it a lot. I liked it even more than the hotel I stayed at the night before, which was a gold metal hotel. MaiStay should be a gold metal hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel is a great value. You will enjoy your stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TheresaC876, General Manager at MainStay Suites Tamarac, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
First, I must thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. We are in the process of changing some of the furniture in the room so that the Sofa bed could be opened easier.

I do hope you will allow us to be of service to you again should you travel back to our area.

Again, thank you and hopefully we will see you again.
paradera
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed here with my family of 5 for 10 days. The one bedroom suite is a bit small but good enough for us as we were only planning to sleep in the hotel anyway. The sleeping sofa in the living area is comfortable.
Located close to our favorite restaurant and mall.
As it is hard to find hotels that accept parties of 5 in one room, we definitely will come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I know I am very late in responding to your review, but I wanted to take the time and thank you for letting us know what you liked about our property.

I can only hope that you will allow us to be of service to you again should you travel back to the Tamarac area.
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights when I was down visiting my Mom. It's a strange setup. You check in at the Comfort Suites which is connected to this hotel. After that you have a key card,so you can use a door that goes directly into Mainstay Suites. At night this door wasn't well lit and being alone, I felt safer entering thru Comfort Suites. They also share a gym and breakfast area with Comfort Suites. Breakfast was just OK.
The room was a suite with a small bedroom, small living room area and a small kitchen area. Both the bedroom and the living room had TV's. The bedding and the furniture were very basic and seemed old. I also didn't like that in the bedroom, the air conditioner is right next to the bed so it blows on you.
It was clean, but would have felt cleaner if the carpeting and furniture were updated.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Duluth, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is the first time I have posted a review on Trip Advisor. I have stayed at this hotel years ago and they have done no renovation since then. The rooms are dark and crowded, the TV's are old the faucet handle fell off in our hand in the first room, their are stains on the carpets, the vending machines don't work and the desk clerk new nothing about it. The hotel is understaffed I had to call from my cell phone from my room to the front desk because they would not answer the phone. It was definitely not worth the money we spent. On the plus side there is a full size refrigerator in the room. The breakfast was nothing to rave about

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Newmarket, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Started off on the wrong foot when the desk wouldn't honour the hotel coupons. The room was a good size with a comfortable bed. Not many channels on the television, which also needs updating. The room was a little on the dark side but did the job. Nice location for getting to the Woodlands Gold Club.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Sarasota, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

After unsatisfying stays at two area Extended Stay America and Homestead properties (one uncomfortable, the other a disaster) I was very pleased to find the Mainstay Suites in Tamarac. I feel safe and comfortable here. The staff is very nice. The room is an actual suite with sitting room, efficiency kitchen and bed room. The bathroom has attractive tiling and a granite counter. The color choice and quality of furnishings are much better than the average motel (or Extended Stay or Homestead) so you feel more comfortable here. And because it is an enclosed hotel with rooms off central halls, you will feel safer too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to MainStay Suites Tamarac? Share your experiences!