“Ok, but never again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of InTown Suites Fort Lauderdale

InTown Suites Fort Lauderdale
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tamarac
InTown Suites Fort Lauderdale
You added InTown Suites Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
8191 West Commercial Blvd, Tamarac, FL 33351   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Tamarac
Winter Haven, Florida
“Ok, but never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I came into the Miami area for business, possibly lasting 5 months and needed a quick place to put my head until I found somewhere I wouldn't mind staying in for an extended period of time. Let me begin with this, despite conditions, the staff were very helpful and accomadating. No matter what hour, someone was there to answer the phone to let me in. But know this! There is no one in the office capable of making you a key card for you room outside of business hours, which are rediculous given this place is still a hotel. The "courtesy security officer" will answer the phone and deal with you without complain, he's a good guy. The people at the office during office hours, which I will remind are horrible and thoughtless to the customer ... are great. Yep, the office staff are VERY friendly and helpul.

Now onto the room itself. To put it bluntly, it sucked. When I opened the door, I saw the place looked about 30 years old, and not updated. The cabinets on the joke of a kitchen area were rotting and falling off their hinges. There was a dead cockroach squished against the wall tha the cleaning crew didn't think needing removed. I named the little guy ... I was here for 4 weeks and he was never cleaned. That's how good the cleaning crew is. Oh yeah, about the cleaning ... they come once a week and don't clean a damned thing. They are supposed to run a vaccum and make the bed. That's all they do. There is no replacement for anything. No soap, shampoo, towel replacent at all. Oh yeah, even though there is a 2 burner stove (no oven), thereis absolutely no silverware or other ways to cook such as pots, pans, etc. Bring your own. Also bring your own soap and shampoo, as well as towles and rags ... they don't provide. Also, the two towels and hand towels they provide ... they don't clean them and they don't actually work to take the water off of your body after being wet in the shower ... and the laundry that is onsite runs on tokens you get from the office during office hours .. which I mentioned are crap.

The bed is what is expected at this price, but the pillows have plastic linings and crinkle when you move around, so bring a sleep agent ... you're going to be awoken at night every time you roll over if not.

The internet is the slowest I've encountered since 1995 and dial-up days, and I hard wired in with an ethernet cable to avoid to slow wifi. Be advised that loading something as simple as your favorite song on YouTube will take about 5+ minutes and will likely just crash due to timeout.

This place came across as wanting to get away with the most for the least. Meaning they want to give the least and expect the most.

The walls are thin, you can hear conversations next door. and no one around you cares what noise you hear. You will hear hammering at 2 am. I've never known carpenters to work that late.

On security, I never felt insecure, but just to let everyone know about their door .. and I've noticed this about a lot of hotels (yes I travel extensively), check your door before setling in or leaving ... most do not actually latch when you think they do. You may need to either figure out the trick to the door latching, or ask for another room that does. My room required me to lift up until I heard the bolt click in place.

I would not recommend this place to anyone staying more than a few nights, and it is meant as some kind of extended stay. I expected more for $300/week, I pay half that for my mortgage and you could eat ofof the floors and have everything available that you need. The people are great, so I have a hard time giving this place the rating it deserves. But I won't be back unless I have to.

Room Tip: Check that the doors latch, if you can't figure out how, find another room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Families
Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
kmfish0914
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

On a scale of 0-5 and 0 being the lowest.... its a -5. Dirty, old and Extended stays have coffee makers-well most do, why would you go and stay there and bring your own pots and pans and silverware, plates when for $20 more a week you can stay at a newer extended stay with kitchen utensils and pans etch.

NO WI FI.... you have to hard wire....I have a tablet so have to go to a restaurant to get on line. Get this one..... you pay for a week.... you leave early.... NO REFUND!! Are you kidding me?? Place is a pit, credit card machine was off line for 90 mins on 11/16/13.

Very unhappy and very disappointed. TV reception on local channels is pitiful! Very snowing.... DO NOT STAY HERE!! Pay an extra $20-$50 and stay somewhere close and nicer that has Wi-Fi....its 2013 not 1993. Who would think to ask now a days.

Room Tip: Want a good room... do not stay here its pathetic.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Intown welcomes independent luving. Be prepared to keep your room tidy as it is given for the week. Provide for your own kitchen and bath. What else is needed like getting the smell of smoke out or the carpet just ask for service, it's done once a week. It's great to have a car but everything is in walking distance, library, shopping, community center, post office,etc. some tough element, some noise, but certainly invites the short or longer term stay, some locals. Internal walk paths could use a steam wash but laudry, baths and kitchen kept tidy. Moving on but would consider a longer stay if needed.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to InTown Suites Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!