“Nice room, horrible service” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Tamarac
Orlando, Florida
“Nice room, horrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family and I stayed at this hotel. We left new items in the room sitting on the couch in our room. Housekeeping claimed that only trash was left in the room but we indeed left expensive items (purse, watches and perfumes). It is hard for me to believe that housekeeping thought those items were trash. We called the front desk to ask for the manager and Alan said there was no manager on property after 5pm. Alan at the front desk said "Your items are gone and never coming back." He called the general manager Theresa for us.She was very rude and told us that we left "trash" in the room. She said that housekeeping took a long time to clean our room, which is of no relevance. She said, "You have to check out tomorrow," as though we were causing problems. When I requested some kind of compensation she very rudely said "Well, that's not happening!" I called the hotel one time two days after I checked out to see what we could do moving forward. She told me that if I contact her again she would consider it harrassment. How could this be harrassment after one call? Especially since valuables are misplaced. I decided to contact the Choice Hotel Group customer service. Even after they talked with her she refused to talk to me or return my calls. She suggested I file a police report, which I will do if this is not cleared up. I have worked in hospitality for a long time and have never encountered a situation like this. At most hotels missing items are always found or compensated for. The customer service I have received is deplorable here. I understand that mistakes are made in hotels on a daily basis but the general manager here is not professional at all.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Looking at reviews me and my lady was a bit sketchy about the hotel. I must say the from the warm welcoming front desk staff to the cleaners I felt at home the very first day. The rooms are outstanding, very clean and spacious. Bathrooms was very clean and the room jus smelled like new stuff. I definitely will be back for a longer stay than 7 days. You need a hotel thats in the prime of the shops, mall, walmart, restaurants, look no further pack your bag n head to Comfort suits tamarac commercial blvd. You won't b disappointed loved the hotel will definitely be back!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fresh Smell each and every time We walked in the hotel!! Great Atmosphere!! & Clean!! But What blew me away was the Friendly Staff!!!!!! I would recommend anyone to this hotel and I Will definitely be back!!!
:):)!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

I have stayed here before but never again!!!

I travel for work about 5 months of the year and have packages shipped to hotels with my supplies. If a package is late it makes it incredibly hard and way less effective to do my job. I had 130 lbs of packages sent to this hotel and a receipt signed by one of their employees Tiffney from UPS. They were delivered a couple days before I arrived. I check in at the hotel and am told that they are in the managers office and she will be in at 7am the next day(which is exactly when I have to leave for my first presentation). 7 am rolls around and a different employee tells me the manager won't be in until 9. So there goes my 1st presentation :(. Before my 2nd presentation I stop by and talk to the manager. She made up excuses like "well if the reservation was booked after the packages arrive then we wouldn't keep them". Guess what... I booked this reservation like a month ahead of time so that excuse fails. But she continued to say that a few times while I explained that didn't make sense. She took my # and told me she would call me back.

Later that day I call again, the manager had left without any phone call back to me. The employee I spoke with was very rude and kept transferring me to the wrong voicemail and cutting me off. I eventually left a voicemail. I decided to give the manager 24 hrs to call me back. Upon no response I called again. And again and again. It has been 4 days since I checked out without any response at all.

Between the 4 packages totaling 130 lbs (I'm not sure how anyone loses 130 lbs of anything) there was a total of $350 of declared value as well as the fact that it cost us $322.98 to ship.

This hotel is horrible. They owe me a total of $672.98 for the loss of my supplies and need to refund me my night as they have made it nearly impossible to do my job for my 2 week stay in FL. I have contacted the better business bureau and have made it my mission to get this resolved. I will never stay here again! For a choice hotels member that spends about 5 months of the year in their hotels I feel they have lost a very important customer.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
Let me just start by apologizing to you for any confusion regarding your packages. We received dozens of packages sometimes on a daily basis. If the package that is sent does not have a name or confirmation number on it we wait a day and then return the packages. We were never made aware to to expect packages for you and there were no requests when the reservation was made. Again, all I can do at this moment is to apologize for the poor customer service you felt you experienced while a guest of ours.
Summerville, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

Pros: The room was large. We had 2 queens and a fold out sofa/living area. It appeared to be a clean hotel. We used the pool area and ate breakfast there. Located near lots of food and shopping establishments.

Cons: The walls are less than paper thin. We heard everything...I mean everything. We had to call several times to have them speak to the family of 4 adults and 1 grandchild all staying in the room next to us. We could not sleep. We ended up having to move to the 3rd floor at midnight. When I heard someone in another room using the restroom...I gave up. I thought either I had Superman hearing abilities, or I concluded that this hotel has the poorest insulation ever!!!

There is nothing that the staff can do to address this problem. They did take a few dollars off of our bill for the inconvenience of having to move at midnight. I would not stay here again, just because no sleep possible for me.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, October 20, 2014
I really appreciate you taking the time out to write a review of our hotel. Thank you for pointing out the great things, size of room, bedding and location. I am so very sorry you were not able to sleep well because of noise.

I do hope you will still stay with us again if you travel back to our area.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2014

I was here for 1 night for business. Fast check in. Clean, appears recently remodeled. Room is a comfortable size, mattress was excellent. Nice breakfast, eggs, bacon, etc.Will definitely use this chain again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your kind review. I can only hope you will always allow us to be of service to you when you travel to our area.

We will look forward to seeing you again.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

It was the average hotel, until l discovered baby roaches in the bathroom. As I killed three, I thought where there are babies, parents, cousins, in laws, etc are close by. Sure enough, as I sat on the bed, there scurried mom or dad across the floor. As if that wasn't bad enough, when I opened the refrigerator, there was another baby sitting on top of my water bottle! OK that was enough, thankfully this was a short stay. As I left this morning, mom and dad waved goodbye from the sink in the room. Never again!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, September 25, 2014
I am so very sorry you had such a bad experience with "the family" while a guest at our hotel. This is not an issue we have at our hotel so I was surprised to read this review. I appreciate you taking the time out to write a review of our hotel to share with everyone , but , I can only hope you also took the time to let our staff know of your issue so that we could have addressed it immediately.

Been to Comfort Suites Sawgrass? Share your experiences!