“OK stay until.....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tamarac
New York City, New York
“OK stay until.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It was the average hotel, until l discovered baby roaches in the bathroom. As I killed three, I thought where there are babies, parents, cousins, in laws, etc are close by. Sure enough, as I sat on the bed, there scurried mom or dad across the floor. As if that wasn't bad enough, when I opened the refrigerator, there was another baby sitting on top of my water bottle! OK that was enough, thankfully this was a short stay. As I left this morning, mom and dad waved goodbye from the sink in the room. Never again!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, 6 days ago
I am so very sorry you had such a bad experience with "the family" while a guest at our hotel. This is not an issue we have at our hotel so I was surprised to read this review. I appreciate you taking the time out to write a review of our hotel to share with everyone , but , I can only hope you also took the time to let our staff know of your issue so that we could have addressed it immediately.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was the first time I stayed at this hotel. The Hotel was very clean and in a really quiet area. There were tons of restaurants and shopping close by. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. My next trip to Ft Lauderdale I will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I am so happy you had a pleasant stay while our guest. Thank you for taking the time to let others know of our hotel and its great location to shopping and restaurants. We will look forward to seeing you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed there with a group that was working nights at a local grocery store. Sunday evening, had NO hot water...told the woman at the desk, and was shrugged off. Poor customer service. Monday, trying to sleep, workers were on the roof, retarring. Could not sleep because of the noise, so went to the desk and asked to switch rooms, as I was on the top floor. Brittany, and the general manager, whos name I can't recall were very, very accomodating, and Brittany went out of way to see that I was satisfied....She needs a raise! The woman at the desk on Sunday night, along with the "maintenance" guy, need some serious re-training, especially because when I switched rooms, I had NO trouble with the hot water. Overall, this is a great place. I would recommend it as a quiet, safe hotel--they do have nightime security, even though it's in a better neighborhood than some of the other hotels.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you Tom for making sure to point out the positive experiences you had along with some issues we need to address. I really do appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and how we can improve. The roofing work has been completed,, so I do hope you will continue to be our guest should you travel back to our area.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The space was nice, but the furniture very tired looking. Upon arrival we first noticed that the bathroom smelled a bit (as it's situated next to the entry door). The towels were a little tattered; the water pressure non-existent and shower needed a lot of coaxing. The spindle that holds the plate of the microwave was melted, the iron didn’t work nor did the safe. While the staff did replace the iron (after a few reminders) the safe however could not be fixed. Rooms on the same floor were better equipped as well as better looking - our worn out suite was perhaps the luck of the draw. The linens weren’t the best, but the bed was comfortable. The staff were nice but a bit clueless at times – perhaps lack of communication of guests info/requests would attribute to this. I sincerely wish this hotel a much needed face-lift/ redecoration. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry you did not have a good experience while a guest at our hotel. We were actually going through renovations at the time you stayed with us. Renovating our bathrooms and some public areas. I have no excuse for the issues you experienced , but I can say that that is not the norm at our hotel.

I can only hope that you will give us another try next time you are in the area.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We overnighted at this hotel for just one night on our way to a Caribbean cruise. It was very clean, staff were welcoming and we were very comfortable. The rate included breakfast which was pretty good. We took a cab from the airport to the hotel and another cab the following morning to the cruise port. Both fares were approx.. $40 U.S.

There was a very popular restaurant about 1 block away from the hotel.

Would we stay here again, Yes.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
So happy to read you enjoyed your very brief stay as our guest. I can only hope you will continue to choose us when you travel back to our area or maybe for your next cruise.

We will look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

My family of four,two adults and two kids 7 and 9 stayed at this hotel for a 4 nights, 5 days shopping trip . Excellent customer service from the start a warm and friendly welcome by the two reception desk staff. The room was clean, spacious, updated and very comfortable. For the price breakfast was adequate and on time. The staff had really good suggestions on places to have dinner and lunch which was really helpful. We also ordered room service on our last night there, my recommendation is to try yhe pizza and honey barneque wings....The hotel haf ample parking and in close proximity to Sawgrass Mills Mall (a 5-7 minute drive). There were numerouse strip malls so all you favourite shops (Lowe's, Target, Ross) were in very close proximity. The Hotel pool was just right for the kids who thoroughly enjoyed it. There is a shared laundry facility this room however need to habr somewhere to sit.....there are vending machines should you need a night snack. There is also a shared office area with tons of coupon to help moms like me save and your can print for free...excelleny place yo stay....Thanks Comfort Suites...

• Stayed June 2014
Our location is ideal for those looking to do some shopping while being close enough to restaurants and entertainment. Thank you so very much for taking the time to inform others of that and also for the great review.

We will always look forward to being of service to you in the future should you travel back to our area.

Thank you!
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Upon arriving at the hotel I thought that the hotel could use a paint job on the outside but the rooms were surprisingly adequate...large size with seperate sitting area, comfy bed, flat screen TV, microwave and fridge...all that we needed for our short stay. The location of the hotel was also good..close to pharmacies and restaurants and a Babies R Us and other basic shopping. We had a car rental and it was just 8 mins away from Sawgrass Mills Mall.
The one deficiency I thought was the breakfast items. The breakfast area itself was pretty tiny and I'm guessing that it was a busy weekend as it was always full; stock needed to be replenished quite often. I wish they had normal scambled eggs instead of the artificial tasting ones that were offered. I also wish they had real butter being served instead of that vegetable oil spread. It was free, so I suppose it was worth the price :)

With that being said though, for the price of the hotel (very affordable!) and the location, I would stay again. It's a good choice for budget minded travelers who need a clean and functional place to stay- free parking, free breakfast and free wifi included

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for letting us know how your stay was as our guest. We are always working on improving our breakfast and I have taken your advice and we have added scrambled eggs on our menu. I do hope when you travel back to the area you will continue to stay with us as our guest.

Been to Comfort Suites Sawgrass? Share your experiences!