“Very clean and comfortable environment that is close yo all major shopping malls and stores.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Sawgrass

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Tamarac
Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

My family of four,two adults and two kids 7 and 9 stayed at this hotel for a 4 nights, 5 days shopping trip . Excellent customer service from the start a warm and friendly welcome by the two reception desk staff. The room was clean, spacious, updated and very comfortable. For the price breakfast was adequate and on time. The staff had really good suggestions on places to have dinner and lunch which was really helpful. We also ordered room service on our last night there, my recommendation is to try yhe pizza and honey barneque wings....The hotel haf ample parking and in close proximity to Sawgrass Mills Mall (a 5-7 minute drive). There were numerouse strip malls so all you favourite shops (Lowe's, Target, Ross) were in very close proximity. The Hotel pool was just right for the kids who thoroughly enjoyed it. There is a shared laundry facility this room however need to habr somewhere to sit.....there are vending machines should you need a night snack. There is also a shared office area with tons of coupon to help moms like me save and your can print for free...excelleny place yo stay....Thanks Comfort Suites...

• Stayed June 2014

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Upon arriving at the hotel I thought that the hotel could use a paint job on the outside but the rooms were surprisingly adequate...large size with seperate sitting area, comfy bed, flat screen TV, microwave and fridge...all that we needed for our short stay. The location of the hotel was also good..close to pharmacies and restaurants and a Babies R Us and other basic shopping. We had a car rental and it was just 8 mins away from Sawgrass Mills Mall.
The one deficiency I thought was the breakfast items. The breakfast area itself was pretty tiny and I'm guessing that it was a busy weekend as it was always full; stock needed to be replenished quite often. I wish they had normal scambled eggs instead of the artificial tasting ones that were offered. I also wish they had real butter being served instead of that vegetable oil spread. It was free, so I suppose it was worth the price :)

With that being said though, for the price of the hotel (very affordable!) and the location, I would stay again. It's a good choice for budget minded travelers who need a clean and functional place to stay- free parking, free breakfast and free wifi included

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Rockland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at this hotel with three other couples for 7 days before our cruise and 3 days after. The staff were excellent. They went out of their way to accommodate us in every way. The guys had driven here from Canada pulling a 30 foot trailer that contained their motorcycles. The hotel manager allowed us to leave our truck and trailer in the parking lot for the week we were on the cruise. Since we were such a large group we didn't want to stay in our rooms so the staff didn't mind if we sat in the breakfast area and watched the TV, even though it was closed. The free hot & cold morning breakfast was very good and they made sure everything was replenished quickly. The rooms were very clean. They were able to give us advise and directions to the best shopping and tourist places. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Sunrise, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Please save your money and go elsewhere.I decided to try this hotel with my kids during our visit to Florida.We checked into this place at 3:29 am .First of all when i got there i stood at the counter for appr 3 minutes calling for help no one came so I started calling the phone number then emerges a young lady who was obviously annoyed that i woke her up. She did not even great me she just basically stood there while i read her mind ......Anyway i get checked in go to my room definately not happy with that either the bed has some brown spots on the white sheet so i decided to take it off and sleep on the blanket instead and check the hell out of there after a few hours of sleep. At 9:27 same issue at counter no one there to check me out i had to find a maintenance to holla in the back for someone.I get checked out my bank starts calling telling me suspicious charges on your bank acct 2 transactions for the same amount to this hotel immediately i bring it to hotels attention i get told "oh no maam you wont be charged "I wait 24 hrs there is still the two charges called my bank they reverse one the next day the hotel charges it again called the hotel spoke with manager Theresa who says she is also in the corporate office(right))))))and they did not such thing my bank is lying to me................so not to give anymore details of my future actions she did not help my acct was overcharges and the service SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER WONT RETURN WILL CONTINUE DOING REVIEWS

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed there for one week. Accommodations were great and we were central to everywhere. The staff was always pleasant and more than willing to help. I would highly recommend staying there to anyone! For Jamaicans there is a Golden Krust close by reasonably priced and the food is great!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Great place to stay, breakfast was very tasty. The staff super friendly, and my suit had everythig we needed and always clean. All shopping places are close. We will be back next time we' re in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Navan, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights 5 of us 2 adults and 3 children staff very friendly and helpful could not ask for more, location great to go shopping at Sawgrass, family room just great and parking free breakfast just fine hot and tasty.

Room Tip: Flanagans Irish bar for food but make sure you go there hungry huge portions