“Motel Staff and management are liars” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tamarac
Myrtle Beach, SC
“Motel Staff and management are liars”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My lovely bride and I went on a cruise in November 2013 from Fort Lauderdale, FL. Prior to the cruise I wanted to reserve a room for the time frame when the ship arrived until the time to be at the airport.

I contacted this motel and they told me the distance from the port was approximately 7 miles so I made the reservation.

Upon arrival in Fort Lauderdale after the cruise, I contacted the motel for a shuttle ride from the port to the motel. They informed me they did not offer a shuttle. I said OK. How much will a taxi ride cost. The staff member of this motel informed me it would cost around $100 for a cab.

I queried this person how far is the motel from the port. He told me 22 miles. I went ballistic because I had been deceived and lied to. I hung up the phone and called comfort inn corporate and the person there told me the distance was 11 miles from the port. Now I have 3 different distances from 3 different people working for comfort motels.

By this time I am furious. I called the motel back and informed them that I was going to dispute their transaction with my credit card company. I wanted to speak with management, which manager of this motel never returned my call.

I contacted my credit card company and they started the dispute process. 2 months later I check my credit card statement and to my dismay the charge has been reinstated. It took the motel 2 months to respond. How efficient...

I read the notes on the dispute. The motel had sent the reservation information and as I reviewed it I noticed the motel people had written employee rate under LFF. WRONG!!! This is a friends and family rate of an employee, My brother works for the chain. I know the employee rate is much more discounted than the LFF rate. It also stated the refund policy was 24 hours. I was never informed of this and besides, 24 hours prior to me calling the motel I was in the middle of the ocean with NO Cell Phone coverage. One other note, what motel wants a 24 hour cancellation? All of the motels I have seen require you to cancel by noon or 4 pm the same day of the reservation so the room can be re rented. I called the motel at 7 in the morning!!!!!

Here are 2 lies in a row. Then in notes it stated I said OK like I was in agreement with them charging me for not showing up. We are up to 3 lies now.

Friends all I am saying, I will NEVER do business with this motel in Tamarac, FL. They are liars and deceivers and of the devil as far as I am concerned.

This experience is NOT typical of Choice Hotels. The chain is fabulous but this particular motel is sub-standard and they have no integrity whatsoever.

Perhaps after reading this review the manager of Choice Hotel Sawgrass will find that it is inappropriate to lie about how far they are from the port.

Thank you for reading all of this. If you made it to the end, I hope you will find a different place to stay while visiting Tamarac area.

God Bless you all...

Scott Lawrence,
Myrtle Beach, SC

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pittsburgh PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are spacious and well appointed
The staff appears to be all newly hired and doing "on the job training".
Their wifi is woefully slow.
The HVAC was stuck on on one setting so that off and on were the only options! They seemingly fixed this problem after our second day of stay.
If you stay here ask for a room with an even number so as to not hear road noise. We kept our TV on at night to block the sounds from W. Commercial road (highway).
Our room had a shower curtain rod that was disconneced from the wall on one side. We told the front desk. It was not fixed during our 4 day stay.
We heard constant complaints from other guests about failure of room key cards.
Our first day was highligted by an "evacuate the hotel" fire alarm which required the arrival of the fire department 45 minutes later to declare it "something wrong with the alarmm system"
The. Reamfast
'

• Stayed December 2013
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of our hotel. I wish your experience was a much better one. It sounds as if simple items that should not have been an issue were and then were not taken care of properly, I am so very sorry.

I really do hope you would consider staying with us again should you travel back to our area. Then we can prove to you that this was a rare occurrence and not a common one.

Again, thank you for your time .
Tallahassee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

A reputable chain, but the inspectors have not been here lately. Hotel reservation staff appeared not to know what they were doing. Even with a confirmation number they could not locate the reservation. Staff seemed like they really didn't want to be there. The could not provide info on nearby restaurants. Room linens had been updated, but most of the rest of hotel seemed in need of cleaning, paint or updating. But the worse was the cold showers!!! There was hot water in the sink, but never could ever get warm water in the shower. Breakfast food quality and the food staff were far from enjoyable. If you have the choice, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
December does not seem to have been a good month, we appear to have dropped the ball on simple issues. We were in fact training quite a few new staff members, but that should never have affected you, our guest. All I can do at this moment is apologize and hope that although you have encouraged others to look elsewhere that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you.

Please call me directly and I would be more than happy to make the reservation for you. If you choose not too, then thank you for your time to write a review and I apologize for the bad experience with us.
Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The rooms were private and comfortable, Free internet Breakfast was warm and tasted real good . We had a blast at the pool . Restaurants were close by so we got to enjoy ourselves out door too. Staff was very friendly. I will visit again definately.

Room Tip: Upstairs real quiet BTW i was there July 2011 I DONT SEE THAT DATE ABOVE so I am going to put Dec...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for taking the time out to write a review of our hotel. I am glad your experience with us was a good one and I can only hope that you will continue allowing us to be of service to you when you travel to the Tamarac area.
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed for two nights and was well taking care of by the staff. Very comfortable and relaxing atmosphere and rooms. Walking distance to multiple restaurants and stores. I would stay at this hotel again my next visit to florida.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and especially for letting us know you were well taken care of . As our guest it is important that you are happy with us and especially well taken care of.

I do hope you will allow us to always be of service to you when you travel to the Tamarac area.

Again, thank you.
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Very nice room with fridge and micro.Check- in went very smoothly with a nice front desk woman telling us about a festival nearby, and giving directions. Enjoyed the breakfast with both hot and cold selections. There are some minor repairs that need to be done , but overall a nice clean place and convenient location to all restaurants and shopping.

Stayed October 2013
Thank you so very much for writing your review about your stay with us. Your opinion is very important to all of us at the hotel. Please make sure to stay with us again when travelling back to the Tamarac area and always let us know how we are doing and how we can better serve you.

Thank you and we hope to see you again.
Los Angeles, Ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Checked in, asked for a room on the top floor...the room clerk answered with a warm, friendly smile and found one...the free breakfast was really good, and the food was always replenished....always hot, coffee was fresh....it was a terrific experience.

Room Tip: many top floor rooms have a view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience at our hotel. We have been working very had to improve our hotel and customer service. I am so happy you experienced both while a guest of ours. I do hope you will stay with us again when you return to our area.

Been to Comfort Suites Sawgrass? Share your experiences!