“Weekend visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Tamarac
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Weekend visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed for two nights and was well taking care of by the staff. Very comfortable and relaxing atmosphere and rooms. Walking distance to multiple restaurants and stores. I would stay at this hotel again my next visit to florida.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and especially for letting us know you were well taken care of . As our guest it is important that you are happy with us and especially well taken care of.

I do hope you will allow us to always be of service to you when you travel to the Tamarac area.

Again, thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Very nice room with fridge and micro.Check- in went very smoothly with a nice front desk woman telling us about a festival nearby, and giving directions. Enjoyed the breakfast with both hot and cold selections. There are some minor repairs that need to be done , but overall a nice clean place and convenient location to all restaurants and shopping.

Stayed October 2013
Thank you so very much for writing your review about your stay with us. Your opinion is very important to all of us at the hotel. Please make sure to stay with us again when travelling back to the Tamarac area and always let us know how we are doing and how we can better serve you.

Thank you and we hope to see you again.
Los Angeles, Ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Checked in, asked for a room on the top floor...the room clerk answered with a warm, friendly smile and found one...the free breakfast was really good, and the food was always replenished....always hot, coffee was fresh....it was a terrific experience.

Room Tip: many top floor rooms have a view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience at our hotel. We have been working very had to improve our hotel and customer service. I am so happy you experienced both while a guest of ours. I do hope you will stay with us again when you return to our area.
Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We made a reservation for this hotel via phone a few months ago. My fiance and I are traveling with family for the weekend of July 26-29th. The rate was supposed to be $59.99 plus tax each night. Upon arrival there were two women at the front desk. One was helping someone else so we waited for the other who initially said her system was down. I checked us in using our joint card but wasn't required to sign anything. We took our keys for room #107 and went to the room. We were very tired from traveling so I didn't think about the check in receipt until Saturday while we were out. To my surprise we were charged $236, $150, $135, and $67. That's insane!! We reserved and checked in for one room and the bill shouldn't be that much. So my fiance and I make our way to the front desk to inquire about these strange charges. A woman named Vea or Vee began to tell us it was impossible that they charged that much, it was my bank's fault and blamed a lady named Teresa... Of course she wasn't there. I then asked about the check in document and she showed me a paper with someone else's signature. I was floored!!!!!! What is going on here. My fiance tried to speak to here while I was the phone with the bank but this Vea or Vee was rude and said "well it's her card, I'm not going to speak to you" We have a joint card lady! Her tone and attitude was really nasty for no good reason. My bank informed me, this hotel charged us once yesterday and three times today. I didn't present my card to them today so that was really weird. I was also told the charges were authorizations and holding available credit. Meanwhile the front desk clerk is trying to call Teresa and tell me they have no record of these authorizations. How is that possible? My bank couldn't remove them without the merchant code and approval code. Also no more than one could be removed per day. Vae or Vee was not helpful and short with my fiance. The customer service in this establishment is lacking to say the least! In the end, I asked for a contact to the corporate office and a name. I was given a phone number without a contact. I'm sure there's a district manager but the lady was unwilling to give that info to me. I do not recommend this hotel and we will not come back. I'll be sure to post more this week after contacting the corporate office.

One good thing about this place are the beds.

Natacha & Justin

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am so sorry you had such a terrible experience while a guest at our hotel. That is the opposite of what we strive for at our hotel and I can only apologize. I do not remember speaking with anyone regarding a billing issue similar to the one you have mentioned and can only again apologize if I was misrepresented. Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of your experience while at our hotel.
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Loved the big open rooms! Complete with fridge , micro , small sink, and nice open area with sofa. The breakfast was very good with hot and cold selections. Only minor glitch was at check in they said they didn't have the exact room that we had reserved on line. After a bit of "back and forth" she finally found us the room we wanted. It did have a broken glass on the TV cabinet which the 2 front desk girls came by and put a piece of tape on it. Don't ask! Lol! However did give us an apology goody bag which we enjoyed!! All and all a nice overnight stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review of your experience while a guest at our hotel. I am sorry you had a issue with the room , but I am also happy to hear our staff tried to immediately fix it and apologized.

Its always great to hear directly from guests and I can only hope you will allow us to be of service to you again should you travel to our area.
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I really loved staying here! Very clean rooms, excellent staff service and an amazing location make this hotel a great place to stay. The pool is very clean and calm, and the gym is just perfect.
The breakfast is very varied, but sadly that is the only meal they offer. Thankfully it is very close to different kinds of stores and restaurants where you can eat and shop. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: First floor rooms maybe have a little bit of noise from the entrance and front desk
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
We have been working very hard on our hotel renovations and making our guests experience an even better one. I am so very happy you experienced that and then took the time to write about it.

I do hope you will continue to be a guest of ours should you travel back to our area.

Thank you for letting us know how we are doing.
South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I came in one night when every hotel in south florida was booked, well except this one. I basically had no choice. There was someone yelling in the lobby when i got there, so it wasn't a first good impression. The staff was "ok" if that. Basic room cost me 170.93 per night. I am a young military guy traveling while on leave, so this pretty much broke me. I checked in at 1am and left at 12pm. So i basically paid 170 dollars for 11 hours of sleep. Will not go back, too expensive!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Suites Sawgrass? Share your experiences!