“Comfy big room!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Tamarac
Kissimmee, Florida
“Comfy big room!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Loved the big open rooms! Complete with fridge , micro , small sink, and nice open area with sofa. The breakfast was very good with hot and cold selections. Only minor glitch was at check in they said they didn't have the exact room that we had reserved on line. After a bit of "back and forth" she finally found us the room we wanted. It did have a broken glass on the TV cabinet which the 2 front desk girls came by and put a piece of tape on it. Don't ask! Lol! However did give us an apology goody bag which we enjoyed!! All and all a nice overnight stay.

• Stayed July 2013
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review of your experience while a guest at our hotel. I am sorry you had a issue with the room , but I am also happy to hear our staff tried to immediately fix it and apologized.

Its always great to hear directly from guests and I can only hope you will allow us to be of service to you again should you travel to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I really loved staying here! Very clean rooms, excellent staff service and an amazing location make this hotel a great place to stay. The pool is very clean and calm, and the gym is just perfect.
The breakfast is very varied, but sadly that is the only meal they offer. Thankfully it is very close to different kinds of stores and restaurants where you can eat and shop. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: First floor rooms maybe have a little bit of noise from the entrance and front desk
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
We have been working very hard on our hotel renovations and making our guests experience an even better one. I am so very happy you experienced that and then took the time to write about it.

I do hope you will continue to be a guest of ours should you travel back to our area.

Thank you for letting us know how we are doing.
South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I came in one night when every hotel in south florida was booked, well except this one. I basically had no choice. There was someone yelling in the lobby when i got there, so it wasn't a first good impression. The staff was "ok" if that. Basic room cost me 170.93 per night. I am a young military guy traveling while on leave, so this pretty much broke me. I checked in at 1am and left at 12pm. So i basically paid 170 dollars for 11 hours of sleep. Will not go back, too expensive!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Seffner, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stay here often while I am working in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area. My company is based in Tampa. We are often called to work in the vicinity of the hotel at a moments notice. When I get to the hotel desk I almost always arrive without reservation or advanced notice of any kind. Yet Nicole always gets me and my co-worker rooms when we show up. She always recognizes me as a long-time ChoicePriveleges member and rewards me with popcorn, candy and water from behind the desk. I stayed at this hotel several times during the Month of May and was lucky enough to have Nicole behind the desk each time. She is an exemplary employee and an asset to the hotel. Thanks, Gary

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was not greeted as I entered the hotel, but when the clerk came around behind the desk, I was greeted with a hello, checking I'm. I handed her my confirmation and was told it was not necessary, only my name. Check out was bait more friendly. Breakfast was good, but watch the waffles, the irons were not working properly. All aside a lot better than my previous stay at Quality Inn Sawgrass in Plantation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel was in a convenient location for us during our recent trip to Ft. Lauderdale. The staff was very friendly. The hotel itself seemed very worn & the decor was very tired & mis-matched. There was gum stuck to the headboard & you could see that the maintenance staff did not take pride in this property (they did not remove the outlet covers when painting). The rooms also did not have flat screen TVs which I know is a requirement for Comfort Suite properties. Overall the stay was ok.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sebring, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Room was clean, spacious and no strange smells (we have allergies). I liked having 2 beds and a pull out couch. Bathroom was standard and clean (although they left cleaning spray in the bathroom, could have been child hazard). Room was never serviced by the housecleaning (we were gone from 6:45am to 12:30). I went to the desk to get towels and they were musty smelling. Breakfast doesn't start until 7am, so we couldn't use it. Would have been nice to know ahead of time. Carpets look like they have been replaced recently and the hallways repainted, so I guess the new management is trying. Front desk for Friday & Saturday was great. Sunday morning person didn't say Thank You or ask how things were. Hot tub was cold. Review: Just OK, but it looks like the new management is trying. New housekeeping personnel would be a good start!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Sawgrass? Share your experiences!