“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Tamarac
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I really loved staying here! Very clean rooms, excellent staff service and an amazing location make this hotel a great place to stay. The pool is very clean and calm, and the gym is just perfect.
The breakfast is very varied, but sadly that is the only meal they offer. Thankfully it is very close to different kinds of stores and restaurants where you can eat and shop. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: First floor rooms maybe have a little bit of noise from the entrance and front desk
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
We have been working very hard on our hotel renovations and making our guests experience an even better one. I am so very happy you experienced that and then took the time to write about it.

I do hope you will continue to be a guest of ours should you travel back to our area.

Thank you for letting us know how we are doing.

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I came in one night when every hotel in south florida was booked, well except this one. I basically had no choice. There was someone yelling in the lobby when i got there, so it wasn't a first good impression. The staff was "ok" if that. Basic room cost me 170.93 per night. I am a young military guy traveling while on leave, so this pretty much broke me. I checked in at 1am and left at 12pm. So i basically paid 170 dollars for 11 hours of sleep. Will not go back, too expensive!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Seffner, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stay here often while I am working in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area. My company is based in Tampa. We are often called to work in the vicinity of the hotel at a moments notice. When I get to the hotel desk I almost always arrive without reservation or advanced notice of any kind. Yet Nicole always gets me and my co-worker rooms when we show up. She always recognizes me as a long-time ChoicePriveleges member and rewards me with popcorn, candy and water from behind the desk. I stayed at this hotel several times during the Month of May and was lucky enough to have Nicole behind the desk each time. She is an exemplary employee and an asset to the hotel. Thanks, Gary

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was not greeted as I entered the hotel, but when the clerk came around behind the desk, I was greeted with a hello, checking I'm. I handed her my confirmation and was told it was not necessary, only my name. Check out was bait more friendly. Breakfast was good, but watch the waffles, the irons were not working properly. All aside a lot better than my previous stay at Quality Inn Sawgrass in Plantation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel was in a convenient location for us during our recent trip to Ft. Lauderdale. The staff was very friendly. The hotel itself seemed very worn & the decor was very tired & mis-matched. There was gum stuck to the headboard & you could see that the maintenance staff did not take pride in this property (they did not remove the outlet covers when painting). The rooms also did not have flat screen TVs which I know is a requirement for Comfort Suite properties. Overall the stay was ok.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sebring, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Room was clean, spacious and no strange smells (we have allergies). I liked having 2 beds and a pull out couch. Bathroom was standard and clean (although they left cleaning spray in the bathroom, could have been child hazard). Room was never serviced by the housecleaning (we were gone from 6:45am to 12:30). I went to the desk to get towels and they were musty smelling. Breakfast doesn't start until 7am, so we couldn't use it. Would have been nice to know ahead of time. Carpets look like they have been replaced recently and the hallways repainted, so I guess the new management is trying. Front desk for Friday & Saturday was great. Sunday morning person didn't say Thank You or ask how things were. Hot tub was cold. Review: Just OK, but it looks like the new management is trying. New housekeeping personnel would be a good start!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Auburn, Washington, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

First off, I didn't realize that I had booked this hotel & it was 20 miles from the Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood airport & Port Everglades when that was where I needed to be. So we paid forty-five bucks to get to this ghetto hotel at 11pm and had to pay fifty bucks not 12 hours later to get back. Not to mention that I got food poisoning from their nasty continental breakfast. (Microwaved sausage & eggs) The bed was the best thing about this night. The bathroom was sketchy. The location of the hotel was sketchy. I only slept and showered because we'd had traveled all day from Seattle.
Also, Expedia wouldn't post my review because "it wasn't appropriate..." I just think they didn't like it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites Sawgrass? Share your experiences!