“New Management New Look” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Tamarac
Toronto, Canada
“New Management New Look”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Suites and Mainstay Suites for a few days in October. I found out they were under new management and undergoing renovations to their property. The rooms were newly renovated and very clean and comfortable. The hallways had new carpeting and newly painted walls. I saw staff cleaning the carpets and common areas on a daily basis. The day I checked-in they were finsihing the flooring in the laundry room (Comfort Suites) and it looked great when it was done. They were uprooting old trees and putting new ones. The renovated hotel looks great and the staff were exceptional - they were very friendly and always wanted to help. This property should have a four and a half star rating if not five based on recent reviews. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you , thank you, for not only recognizing all of our hard work and efforts to make your stay a great one, but especially for taking the time out to let us know that. We will always be working hard to continue to improve our hotel to make your stay with us as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I can only hope that you will always allow us to be of service to you should you travel back to our area in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff and management greeted our group upon arrival Their attention, courtesy, and assistance with our needs made this trip very enjoyable. A first-class staff, with smiles to match!!
Definitely will stay at this property upon traveling to Ft. Lauderdale again.
Special Thanks to Sharmain Moore for going the extra mile to ensure all accomodations were correct!

Room Tip: Hotel far enough from street to keep the quiteness of the room at a maximum at night when resting an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We loved having your group at our hotel. We felt very privileged to have you as our guest . I am so happy that everyone had a great time and noticed how special our staff is. Sharmain has been with our hotel for quite some time and definately is an exceptional individual.

Thank you so much for taking the time out to let everyone know how we are doing. We can only hope to be able to be of service to you again should you travel back to our area.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

comfort suites in tamarac florida was a very good stay for me and my family. The hotel was very clean and. Customer service was excellent. The breakfast served every morning was very good, customer service at the front desk was also excellent and very kind to us every time we had a request. I will be using comfort suites again. tHANK YOU FOR BEING SO KIND.

Room Tip: The none smoking rooms are the best rooms. They are very clean and customer service was excellent.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I am always so thankful to our guests for taking the time out to write a review of their stay with us. I am glad you had a good experience while a guest of ours. I do hope you will always consider staying with us if you return to our area.

Again, thank you and we will look forward to seeing you again.
Angus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights and the air con failed so we were moved late at night. The hotel apologised - rooms are being renovated as I write. Offered us a free night on our return . This time we were in the refurbished part. Great night's sleep . Very comfortable mattress and good pillows.

Theresa the Manager is very 'on the ball' and aware that visitors ( Uk this one) need looking after. She did and as a result I am doing a Trip Advisor. If you are in this part of Fort Lauderdale then it's a great place and reasonably priced if you ask.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We have been working very hard to improve our hotel and service and I am so happy that you noticed. I can only hope the next time you travel to our area you will choose us again. We plan on continually working to improve our hotel and service for you our guest.
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My family and I are always staying at this hotel because of the convenience and the superior customer service from the personnel; they're like family to us. We recently stayed at the newly developed section of the hotel that gives us a little taste of that home-like atmosphere. We really enjoyed the compact kitchen and living room area. The Bahamian lady behind the front desk is always smiling and nice to us when we visit there; she's doing an excellent job. In addition, when we called front desk for more towels, someone came within a 5 minute period to bring them; that's amazing! I'm glad that Comfort Suites is continuously evolving and improving to providing the best stay for its loyal and prospective guests. When I think about vacation time, I am almost compelled to stay at this hotel.....Love It!!!

Room Tip: The rooms on higher floors are more quiet and relaxing as oppose to the ground floors due to the con...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review about our hotel. We are working very hard to provide exceptional customer service along with upgraded and refreshed rooms. I can only hope that you will continue to be a guest of ours when you travel to our area. Again, thank you and we will look forward to seeing you again.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have had a long time relationship with Choice Hotels and especially the Comfort Suites Hotel - Sawgrass in Tamarac, FL. (Fort Lauderdale area) They have always shown excellence from the time you check in at the front desk, during your stay and when you go to check-out. Kindness and hospitality above and beyond expectation. I have stayed there with family and constantly have been there conducting business and ministry since I am a Pastor. It was great before but now Comfort Suites Sawgrass in Tamarac is better than ever! Especiallly, since they have remodeled the hotel. If you are planning a trip to South Florida, the best experience you can have as a guest for your money is the economical value of what you will find at Comfort Suites Sawgrass.! Two Thumbs Up .. Way to go Comfort Suites Sawgrass!! Great New Manager Theresa, Sharmain in Hospiitality, Front Desk Clerks who aim to please along with the rest of the super-staff!- The years of relationship doing business with Comfort Suites and as a guest I have not regretted one time that I have been there. Thanks, Reverend Ken Loring

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong anywhere here since it has been totally remodeled! Now they have Wi-Fi throughou...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mr. Loring,

I must say I was so happy to see you took the time out to write a review of our hotel. I know what a busy man you are and to make time to write this review is so much appreciated. I can only hope that you will continue to allow us to be of service to you and all your guests well into the future. Thank you so much.
Sunrise, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I am a frequent guest at this hotel having recently stayed there 2 weeks ago as well as a 2 month stay from Nov. 2011 thru Jan. 2012 and I am VERY IMPRESSED with the EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE I received with Layla, the night clerk. I came to know Layla upon arrival last year and she was so warm, funny & genuinely attentive to ALL my needs. In fact, when I checked in 3 weeks ago, I asked for her by name because I knew I would be in good hands! My compliments to Theresa the hotel manager for having such a "breath of fresh air" and truly "delightful" employee. I'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Laila has been with our hotel for quite some time and I am so happy you took a moment to let us know how great her service was for you. Also, I want to thank you for allowing us to be of service to you when you travel to our area (which seems quite often). I know you will always receive excellent customer service while our guest.

Been to Comfort Suites Sawgrass? Share your experiences!