“Good clean motel undergoing appropriate renovation” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Tamarac
Angus
“Good clean motel undergoing appropriate renovation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights and the air con failed so we were moved late at night. The hotel apologised - rooms are being renovated as I write. Offered us a free night on our return . This time we were in the refurbished part. Great night's sleep . Very comfortable mattress and good pillows.

Theresa the Manager is very 'on the ball' and aware that visitors ( Uk this one) need looking after. She did and as a result I am doing a Trip Advisor. If you are in this part of Fort Lauderdale then it's a great place and reasonably priced if you ask.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We have been working very hard to improve our hotel and service and I am so happy that you noticed. I can only hope the next time you travel to our area you will choose us again. We plan on continually working to improve our hotel and service for you our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My family and I are always staying at this hotel because of the convenience and the superior customer service from the personnel; they're like family to us. We recently stayed at the newly developed section of the hotel that gives us a little taste of that home-like atmosphere. We really enjoyed the compact kitchen and living room area. The Bahamian lady behind the front desk is always smiling and nice to us when we visit there; she's doing an excellent job. In addition, when we called front desk for more towels, someone came within a 5 minute period to bring them; that's amazing! I'm glad that Comfort Suites is continuously evolving and improving to providing the best stay for its loyal and prospective guests. When I think about vacation time, I am almost compelled to stay at this hotel.....Love It!!!

Room Tip: The rooms on higher floors are more quiet and relaxing as oppose to the ground floors due to the con...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review about our hotel. We are working very hard to provide exceptional customer service along with upgraded and refreshed rooms. I can only hope that you will continue to be a guest of ours when you travel to our area. Again, thank you and we will look forward to seeing you again.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have had a long time relationship with Choice Hotels and especially the Comfort Suites Hotel - Sawgrass in Tamarac, FL. (Fort Lauderdale area) They have always shown excellence from the time you check in at the front desk, during your stay and when you go to check-out. Kindness and hospitality above and beyond expectation. I have stayed there with family and constantly have been there conducting business and ministry since I am a Pastor. It was great before but now Comfort Suites Sawgrass in Tamarac is better than ever! Especiallly, since they have remodeled the hotel. If you are planning a trip to South Florida, the best experience you can have as a guest for your money is the economical value of what you will find at Comfort Suites Sawgrass.! Two Thumbs Up .. Way to go Comfort Suites Sawgrass!! Great New Manager Theresa, Sharmain in Hospiitality, Front Desk Clerks who aim to please along with the rest of the super-staff!- The years of relationship doing business with Comfort Suites and as a guest I have not regretted one time that I have been there. Thanks, Reverend Ken Loring

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong anywhere here since it has been totally remodeled! Now they have Wi-Fi throughou...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mr. Loring,

I must say I was so happy to see you took the time out to write a review of our hotel. I know what a busy man you are and to make time to write this review is so much appreciated. I can only hope that you will continue to allow us to be of service to you and all your guests well into the future. Thank you so much.
Sunrise, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I am a frequent guest at this hotel having recently stayed there 2 weeks ago as well as a 2 month stay from Nov. 2011 thru Jan. 2012 and I am VERY IMPRESSED with the EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE I received with Layla, the night clerk. I came to know Layla upon arrival last year and she was so warm, funny & genuinely attentive to ALL my needs. In fact, when I checked in 3 weeks ago, I asked for her by name because I knew I would be in good hands! My compliments to Theresa the hotel manager for having such a "breath of fresh air" and truly "delightful" employee. I'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Laila has been with our hotel for quite some time and I am so happy you took a moment to let us know how great her service was for you. Also, I want to thank you for allowing us to be of service to you when you travel to our area (which seems quite often). I know you will always receive excellent customer service while our guest.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My stay at comfort suite commercial blvd was indeed wonderful.My family and I went in August during this time they property was undergoing renovation but the staff from the time we arrived they treated us with care their were sign directing us were to go. From the movement we got there about 3 hours late the front desk clerk welcome us with a warm smile my husband was impress we was given our keys to the suite as we were headed to the lobby we were welcomed again indeed the staff were very friendly in spite of the working conditions.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I can not thank you enough for taking the time out to review our hotel. I am so happy you received the service we have been working hard to provide. I can only hope that you will continue to allow us to be of service to you when you travel to our area. We will look forward to seeing you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed with a group at the hotel and their service from the management and staff was exceptional hotel underwent renovation mass improvement and I must say I was pleased. They greeted and took care of all my questions I had and made me feel so welcomed.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I just want to thank you so much for taking the time out to let us know how we are doing. We have been working very hard to improve our hotel along with customer service and I am so happy you saw an improvement. I do hope you will continue to make our hotel your home when traveling to our area.
Murdock
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I am normally a big fan of the Choice Hotel brands as a choice where to stay. While not always booking a Choice Hotel, most often we do choose one of them. This hotel was a big disappointment to say the least. Prior to leaving our home, we booked and paid online, and received a confirmation. Upon arrival, Layla the nighttime clerk, to put it nicely, was unfriendly, and certainly no warm greeting was made. She also could not find our reservation, so I went out to my car to get the printout, and while doing that, she asked my wife if we were positive it was this location, as apparently they have another hotel nearby. While researching her records, and not finding our reservation, even after I gave her my reservation printout, she stated she could charge me for a room, even though I thought I had already paid online, and it would be my responsibility to fight to get my money back for the double payment. I said that was completely unacceptable and unreasonable. Then while researching more, she said she finally found my reservation, and for some unknown reason payment was not accepted and reservation declined, even though I received confirmation of payment and reservation as well as no follow-up explanation of the reversal of the reservation. Even a day later, this reversal is unable to be explained. Finally, after being checked in, we went to retrieve our luggage. Wanting to know the night clerks name, as we walked by, I asked her what her name was, and she responded with an mumble. I asked again, and received the same mumble. I asked a third time before I finally obtained her name. She was unprofessional and quite unlike the normal Choice Hotel friendly staff! I also generally feel (rightly or wrongly, not sure) that the Comfort Suits are a little bit of a step up in quality in their chain quality, but this hotel was not in the best shape, although they did have a sign that they were remodeling, so maybe my negative observations regarding the building will be resolved in the coming weeks and months of a remodel.
The room door dead bolt did not go into the hole in the frame, the bathroom wall floor-board was rotting, the handle to the one piece of furniture was broken, it was old '70's like furniture, and basically rundown. The bed was a good comfortable bed, with fitted sheets. On another, what I believe was a good note, the rude night clerk, I think actually upgraded our room without telling us, but she also added another fee that was not on the internet booking, but the day clerk immediately removed that from our bill. Unless people look at this kind of improper billing, that is collecting unjust fees, which some day, someone will/should initiate a Class Action Lawsuit for failing to disclose this additional fee. The day clerk, Nicole, was much more friendly like the normal Choice Hotels staff. However, I also asked her to have the manager call us about our check-in problems, yet no call was made to discuss our issues, which is poor management.
The breakfast was the typical Choice Hotels 'hot' breakfast of eggs, sausage, waffles, juices, coffee, pastries & bagels, fruits, yogurt, etc. It was being constantly monitored and refilled as necessary.

Room Tip: Don't check in late at night with this night clerk
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
I must say that I was so disappointed when I read your review. We have been working so hard to improve our rooms, our breakfast and amenities for our guests, but unfortunately if you did not receive the customer service you deserve as our guest then we have not done our job. All I can say is I apologize and and as I had stated to you during our phone conversation please do not let this one experience reflect on any other Choice hotel. We will continue to strive to provide exceptional customer service for our guest and I will hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you should you travel to our area again.

Been to Comfort Suites Sawgrass? Share your experiences!