“Runaway From This Place” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3873 West Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33309 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Tamarac
Auburn, AL
“Runaway From This Place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

This is more No Fr**** - and it has plenty of ills. Concur to a "T" with last reviewer. Exterior lulls you into expecting something better, especially if you have stayed at other Homesteads with really nice amenities. Room didn't even have light bulbs in lamps and a call to the front desk resulted in a wait of an hour and a half - and still no light bulbs. Bathroom was beat up. Threadbare towels. Stiff and uncomfortable mattress. Had to wait 10 minutes at front desk just for clerk to show up to check us in. $5.00 extra for wireless and I was not going to chance the quality of connection having seen the room. And for added enjoyment room was musty and rugs showed signs of past flooding.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
birmingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2009

I chose this hotel because of the price. The old saying "you get what you pay for" applies. The buildings looks pretty good from outside but the room was in dire need of renovation. It was missing most of the kitchen items listed as amenities. There was no iron, the remote didn't work. There was trash all around the parking lot and in the shrubs. It was stacked up around the trash can (over-flowing) next to the elevator, one day and there was actually rats climbing through it. I have never seen a rat in my life, but now I can't say that anymore. Our room must have had some kind of tics or bed-bugs, as we all got bit up and had to move. I complained numerous times, asking for the manager to contact me but he never did. He was obviously avoiding us. Most of the guests were very sketchy and it was obvious by the people we saw that prostitution is the hotels main business. You can actually sit and watch the prostitutes customers come and go hourly. It was entertaining but we checked out and went elsewhere. This hotel should be closed. It is disgusting.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Ft lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

Yes, some of the rooms may have missing utensils and sink strainer, iron or ironing board. But nothing out of the ordinary. Yes, some of the comforters have cigarettes burns on them, most hotels and motels do. Overall Homestead Studio Suites are clean and comfortable. I'm just not saying this, I have been stay there on and off for the past month and half. My husband and enjoy staying there so, I can cook a little something every now and then of course I bring my own pots and pans and utensils while staying.

The staff is friendly and have no problems when I'm there

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

I have stayed in this hotel for the past 5 years during the month of January and I always experience the same problems. This year was worse. I keep coming back because it is super cheap and we are artists travelling on a budget.

As usually happens, you should print out your reservation because they will either try to charge you more or put you in a different type of room.

Also, they will say ABSOLUTELY you cannot check in before 3 pm. If you get there at 2:30 they say to come back. If you come back by 2:45 you will find out they are already checking in several guests ahead of you. HOWEVER, my room wasn't ready. The supervisor said she wanted to check out the room before it was ready.

We came back at 7:30 pm and they put us in an upstairs room (even though we asked for downstairs). Ok, accept it. Then when we got in the room, there are supposed to be cooking utensils, dishes, etc. But, NOTHING except silverware and a collander.

The only thing the front desk could find for me was an old skillet and pots and pans. I told him I would eat on the paper plates and cups I purchased. No cleaning at all if you say one week. They clean the day you leave if you are lucky.

lots of dirt behind the beds and everywhere else. Management doesn't care. And the front desk says corporate doesn't care, so they don't care if you call.

Like I said, cheap rooms if you need kitchens, but be prepared. I would recommend trying priceline for a better hotel if you are on a budget. I will try NOT to stay here next year. I am leaving this coming week and hope NEVER to come back.

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — the attitude of the staff and the lack of amenities which are supposed to be included.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2008

Accomodations were great for the price, staff was friendly, place was clean, no security problems, stay was comfortable, quiet, will stay again.....

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — more kitchen utensils
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Barnesville, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2008

It started at check-in when we were required to PAY for our room. We had already PAID for our room through Travelocity as a special deal. When receiving the credit card bill, definitely paid twice. Never try to dispute through travelocity or this hotel. Went directly to Amex who politely refunded the charges.

The carpet in the room was dirty and we were afraid of the bedspread- of course these are usually fithly if not even visible so I would never recommend sitting on one in the Ritz Carlton not just this place.

The trash in the room had not been emptied and caused a smell to come from under the sink.
Manager, however, was very nice when changing a room for our friends who were given a room that hadn't been cleaned from the previous guest.
The overall atmosphere is a little scary and the neighborhood does not appear too good. Don't stay here, splurge for the extra couple bucks and stay somewhere else.

Stayed December 2007
new jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2007

I have lived in NYC for most of my life..so it takes quite a bit to scare me...but this place did scare me...
We checked in to the Homestead Suites very late one nite...
The reception area smelled like the hotel management was smoking something other than cigarettes..
We would have left then..but it was very late at night and there was nowhere else to go to...
Our room was so disgusting..that we were unable to sleep on the sheets...We went out to get our own sheets the next day ...but the hotel bedspread..(there were no blankets in the room) smelled so bad..that it was still difficult to sleep.. We spent as little time in the room as possible...the kitchen was grimy...and the entire atmosphere was unpleasant..and the people walking around the parking lots ..were frightening....
As if this wasn't bad enough, one evening when we were driving back to the motel..while we were waiting at the intersection...a car flashed his lights at us ..as though to warn us ..or signal us..about something...When we drove into the parking lot..of the motel..we found it was as bright as day..from the two police cars ..who had just handcuffed a hotel guest ..I guess someone was trying to warn us to stay away....I wish that they had warned us long before we checked in...
There were so many more problems with this motel..but I don't have the time to detail them here....This was by far the most disgusting and the scariest motel that I have ever stayed in..

Stayed October 2007

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac? Share your experiences!