“Great value in a peaceful setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac

You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3873 West Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33309 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Tamarac
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great value in a peaceful setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

This motel is in a commercial area, but you wouldn't know it once you get in your room. Very nice grounds help shield you from the commercial sights and sounds of the surrounding area. Rooms are very functional; nothing fancy (it is a budget facility). Several good restaurants nearby (great Japanese/Peruvian restaurant a block away, plus good Chinese) so you can get takeout or eat out. Very convenient location, right off turnpike. I have stayed there 5 or 6 times, and staff is always very helpful and quick to respond to problems. Other guests tend to be quiet and respectful; no late night music or loud TVs when I have stayed there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Wayne - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our staff has always been quick, helpful and responsive to any of your needs during your stays. As well, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location and your room.

Thank you again for your review and also for being a valued guest. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Shanice is excellent when it comes to customer service and friendliness. The room we were in required a bit of renovations so she moved our room no questions asked. She even called in on her day off to make sure we were ok. Thank you for attending to our needs Shanice!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Tamarac, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Tahelia, which is one the managers at the hotel was absolutely amazing and was displayed excellent hospitality.. I would definitely come back here for vacation or bring the family along just to get away for the weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Porsha - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review. I'm thrilled that we displayed such great hospitality to you, especially Tahelia, and look forward to your stay with us again in the future!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The first night I had ants all over the bathroom counter and in the kitchen cupboards. The staff did respond quickly and very professionally and had the room sprayed the next day. That night I then found a huge cock roach on my bathroom counter. I cried. The staff was again very responsive and had an Orken exterminator come again the next day. The next morning I found two millipedes on my bathroom floor. The room was stained and beat up on top of this, and I couldn't take it anymore. I informed the hotel I'd be moving (again) out primarily because of the bugs. Because I was checking out before my paid week was up I was told I'd be charged the higher, daily rate--unbelievable!! I'm in the process of trying to get some money refunded. Don't stay at this hotel!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Tamarac, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is my second one week stay at Homestead Suites... even though I am on day 2 of my second stay, I am compelled to write this review. The lady at the front desk (Shanice) who checked me into my room was very professional and displayed a friendly and genuine smile that made me feel right at home. This is the reason why that even though most of the things that I need done on this trip is in Miami, I decided to drive to Tamarac. Customer service is first class. Even the house keeping staff are friendly and for the second time I had a clean room which was impressive for the price paid for the rooms here.

I have even recommended this hotel to my family and friends who have since stayed here also. It was a group of at least 8 and they all loved it, with the exception of my sister Dailia who failed to understand that extra keys can only be given to the persons registered to the room and an ID must be presented. This might have been an inconvenience for my sister but it is a testament that security and personal safety of registered guests are not taken lightly.

If I am not at Homestead Suites, than I am not in a hotel and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay at a very good hotel without paying a high price to enjoy it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Tamarac
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

on 08/03/2013 I had a reservation at homestead studio suites-fort Lauderdale Tamarac fl ,from a week in advance hoping to have a good night, but when I arrive to this hotel the front desk person by the name shanise ,hand me the keys of a room that was smelling real bad and dirty. I went back to the front desk person shanise and ask her to please find me another room for me and that one was O>M>G ,same as dirty spider web ,dirty and bad smell. I went back to the front desk to see this front desk person shanise, she give me another room now the refrigerator was not working and oxide it is a very bad place for the public.at that time it was already pass 6;00 pm an I couldn't do a cancellation on my credit card.

my nightmare just has started for me, that room was dirty too,broken furniture, burn seats,dirty bathroom curtains,the door of the bathroom was hanging,the microwave was oxide same as the refrigerator and most of the light fixtures too

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The rooms were excessively smelly, the appliances where rusty, bath tub was dirty.. I did not feel at all comfortable in this room. Worst hotel experience i ever hard (even for a low priced hotel). I had to have my room changed.. to one which ended up being similarly smelly . There was no room clearner available .
The was a obvious lack of attention to cleanliness , odor and detail of the room
I had to carry my towels to the check in desk to get new ones. Ridiculous

I feel almost sorry for the staff. Loise went out of her way to help ..but dealing with a sinking ship.

I WONT TAKE A ROOM HERE EVEN IF FOR 10mins in FUTURE.. STAY AWAY

Room Tip: Stay way..Rooms are filty
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the rooms you checked in was not cleaned properly and you did not experience a comfortable feeling. In response to your feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures, so this is not an issue moving forward.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at fld2@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac? Share your experiences!