“It only got better here!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3873 West Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33309 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Tamarac
“It only got better here!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I really can say i would recommend this location of stay to anyone. The staff here pulls together as a team to make sure their guest is welcomed and registered for their stay. When u walk into the lobby it has information for diffferent activities within Broward and Dade County. That was a big help for me. The grounds are beautiful at all times. I even notice that the trash containers on the property are always attended to therefore it reduces the pesty flies that are drawn to trash. Inside the rooms are clean and neat. The housekeepers clean and afterwards the rooms are checked by the managers to make sure everything is a ok. Im really impressed with it all, especially the hugh upgrade that has started here at this location. Not one time have anything been an inconventient to me here. Theres no bother from staff or guests, its just like home.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am delighted to know that you found our grounds to be so beautiful and the hotel to be clean overall. As well, I am proud of our staff for providing you with such great service and that they made your stay feel like you were at your "home away from home".

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Im so impressed at all the things that are taking place here. They are in the process of a hugh upgrade. New mattresses in every room, new flatscreen TVs. WOW, im so impressed. One of my concerns i have about staying in hotels is bedbugs, BUT NOT HERE AT THIS LOCATION. THE BEDS HAVE COVERINGS. I DO NOT SEE THIS EXTREME OF EFFORT NO WHERE ELSE. I must not forget the great customer service here. Marshell, Shaneka, Tahelia, Victor, Anglicia, Shanice, maintenance, housekeepers, you all made my stay here worthwhile being here. Let me not forget about the great security that is here on property to make sure our safe. I can leave out at night knowing i will be safe because due to the pretrolling of the grounds at night. I give a high-five, A Big Ten to this hotel. Once again, thank you all for being a team and making things happen. God bless!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that our recent renovation has made your stay even better. We made improvements to all of our offerings with guests like yourself in mind. As well, I am so glad that our staff was friendly and helpful during your visit, especially Marshell, Shaneka, Tahelia, Victor, Anglicia and Shanice.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Upon our arrival the outside of the hotel was Deceiving, Checking in was fine but as we got into our room it was so smokey..... when we checked in we specifically took a non-smoking room......The carpet was stinky,the bath tub was stained,the toilet was stained,the place was infested with ants and they also promised free WIFI but the whole time we were there we didn't get any WIFI at all....such a DAMN shame!!!!!!!! I would not even recommend my dog to stay there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Steve - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about the staff; however, we apologize that your stay was not 100% satisfactory. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have investigated the problems in the room and I have taken further action to correct them so that your experience is not repeated.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at fld@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

After receiving the key and entering the room I called down to Guest Services and asked for another room only to be told we can't change your room...upon entering a foul smell coming from the room as well as the molding of the kitchen cabinets,the bottom counter sink,the overflowing toilet,the clogged up tub,the stained bedding and misplaced chairs..I went and brought linen to sleep on as well as plug-ins to try killing the smells inside the room from a local Walmart,after being denied another room the problems still accurated with the toilet and calling Guest Service was just a waste of energy when your getting attitudes and sorry for inconviences that they didn't truly give a Hoot on what was happening,I stayed at this location over the Memorial Day weekend in Tamarac-Fort Lauderdale...I strong don't recommend staying here if ever visiting South Florida..Disaster!!! I want my MONEY back

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Kaye - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay at our hotel was not 100% satisfactory. I met with the staff, and we are working to ensure that all of our guest rooms are odor free and all maintenance items are repaired to ensure that this does not happen is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at fld@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Cooper City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

great price located near a shopping center that has a publix , Subway AND a Krispy Kreme!!! Also gas stations and CVS & Walgreens at inntersection Bank of America next door hotel staff extremely friendly and helpful would recommend but i dont want too many people finding out about this hidden gem

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that Extended Stay was conveniently located and our fully equipped kitchens help you prepare for the day. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

After given a room and wrong direction to the room i enter the room and it smell of wet carpet with no tv remote ..calk front desk no answer after leaving the room i had to wait almost 2 hours to get another room computer and printer was down about 4 guest could not get a room and they had reservation it was a nightmare!

• Stayed May 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the unsatisfying customer service you received. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have reviewed how to address guest concerns in a timely fashion with the entire staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I invite you to contact me, at fld@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I saw roaches in the room. The bed and box spring were stained. The bedding was old, had holes and had a smell. When I checked in, the employee had no idea what he was doing. He seemed lost. There was no change. I phoned to report the roaches I saw and asked if I could change rooms, he said wow then asked if my problem could wait until the following morning. I assumed that because I paid about 70+ dollars on the room, I got one of the worst rooms. I knew the room wasn't in top shape because one of the numbers on the room door was written with a marker.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. We appreciate the kind comments about the landscaping we have outside the hotel; however, we apologize that your room was unclean and the font desk staff was unable to assist you efficiently. Please know, regardless of what you spend to stay at our hotel, we treat all of our guests equally. Each room is meant to be cleaned upon a guests check-out, and I promise, we would never intentionally place you in one that was not. With your comments in mind, I am meeting with my staff to coach them on proper cleaning techniques and reviewing customer service basics too.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac? Share your experiences!