“''DISGUSTINGLY HORRIBLE''” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac

You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3873 West Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33309 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Tamarac
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“''DISGUSTINGLY HORRIBLE''”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

After receiving the key and entering the room I called down to Guest Services and asked for another room only to be told we can't change your room...upon entering a foul smell coming from the room as well as the molding of the kitchen cabinets,the bottom counter sink,the overflowing toilet,the clogged up tub,the stained bedding and misplaced chairs..I went and brought linen to sleep on as well as plug-ins to try killing the smells inside the room from a local Walmart,after being denied another room the problems still accurated with the toilet and calling Guest Service was just a waste of energy when your getting attitudes and sorry for inconviences that they didn't truly give a Hoot on what was happening,I stayed at this location over the Memorial Day weekend in Tamarac-Fort Lauderdale...I strong don't recommend staying here if ever visiting South Florida..Disaster!!! I want my MONEY back

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Kaye - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay at our hotel was not 100% satisfactory. I met with the staff, and we are working to ensure that all of our guest rooms are odor free and all maintenance items are repaired to ensure that this does not happen is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at fld@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Cooper City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

great price located near a shopping center that has a publix , Subway AND a Krispy Kreme!!! Also gas stations and CVS & Walgreens at inntersection Bank of America next door hotel staff extremely friendly and helpful would recommend but i dont want too many people finding out about this hidden gem

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that Extended Stay was conveniently located and our fully equipped kitchens help you prepare for the day. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

After given a room and wrong direction to the room i enter the room and it smell of wet carpet with no tv remote ..calk front desk no answer after leaving the room i had to wait almost 2 hours to get another room computer and printer was down about 4 guest could not get a room and they had reservation it was a nightmare!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank bran002
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the unsatisfying customer service you received. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have reviewed how to address guest concerns in a timely fashion with the entire staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I invite you to contact me, at fld@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I saw roaches in the room. The bed and box spring were stained. The bedding was old, had holes and had a smell. When I checked in, the employee had no idea what he was doing. He seemed lost. There was no change. I phoned to report the roaches I saw and asked if I could change rooms, he said wow then asked if my problem could wait until the following morning. I assumed that because I paid about 70+ dollars on the room, I got one of the worst rooms. I knew the room wasn't in top shape because one of the numbers on the room door was written with a marker.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Charmed242
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Skaneateles, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

(Booke 2 rms) Dirty. Non smoking rms reeked of smoke/cigarette burns in carpets.AC/fan didn't work properly. Changed rooms 3 times due to painting or work being done on rms and front office not aware.. Switched rm because of heavy cigarette smoke smell and the room was just dirty. Son's room had lrg blood stain on mattress so neither son wanted to sleep on that bed. Brought a small dog and he kept finding things under the beds like a hairband, earrings, rubberbands etc... Was afraid the dog was going to get sick from the hotel room! EEK!

Room Tip: Stay at a different Hotel!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank julietrap
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The conditions of the room you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience plus having to change rooms so many times. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have informed my housekeeping staff of the issues you described, including a strong smoke odor, stains, and items underneath the beds. Together, using this information, we are doing a walk through of the guest rooms, taking time to complete a thorough spring cleaning.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at fld@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Coal Springs Fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Beware- reservations says one thing about the room and boy are you in for a shock. Was told rooms were renovated and had large recliner in room. OH NO....instead of the 32 in flatscrren is was told was there, i find a 27 in box TV with bad reception. The big recliner, NOT if you are more than 175 lbs its a tight fitting chair. I called the reservation # 2 times to complain and ask why i was mis lead and was promised a call back and of course nothing!! No call nothing. The week I stayed was paid in advance so there was no checking out, or all money was lost. Just a overpriced pit. It has gone down hill and needed renovation ( as the toll free number states it already had ) like 10 years ago!! Save yourself and keep looking before booking

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Amy R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that our hotel amenities were not communicated to you correctly. Please accept my apologies. In the moing months, we are scheduled for a complete renovation, which we should have communicated better. I will work with my staff to ensure we do so moving forward.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at fld@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Honolulu, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

A well-deserved record lowest ever ranking for the dozens of hotels I have reviewed throughout the years, this hotel cannot be recommended regardless of price. I arrived just before 12 midnight, and the Front Office was closed. There was a wall mounted telephone for after-hours access, but no one answered. There were two other parties with reservations also waiting with me, and like me, they advised their reservations were confirmed for late arrival. After 20 minutes a Security Guard on rounds noticed us waiting and was able to locate the Night Clerk who was a nice enough guy, but none of us who had waiting 30 minutes outside of the Front Office were very pleased. My room reeked of what can best be described as moldy cigarette smoke. The kitchenette counter-tops had cigarette burns, the carpet was thread-bare worn in places, and the bathtub was chipped in numerous places. The gasket seal on the fridge door needed replacing which hindered the door from closing properly. The 26 in. old-style CAT tube TV had a very poor picture and the screen flipped often while watching CNN. Like the carpet, the bed and bathroom linens were severely worn, although they at least appeared clean, but were rough as sandpaper. The bed was marginally comfortable but the pillows were sub-standard. There were numerous ants in the kitchen and spiders in the bathroom, but thankfully no bed bugs were detected upon close inspection. The room’s door card key deactivated after its first use requiring the Security Guard to again locate the Front Desk Clerk so the card key could be replaced at 1:30 AM. I noticed there is both a La Quinta and Holiday Inn Express down the street just a couple blocks, and they surely must be better options because it is not possible they could be any worse!

Room Tip: Do not check in!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank FitDude
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you experienced an longer than usual wait time for check in and that your key deactivated after using it just once. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I have use your feedback to help train all of front desk staff to be more attentive and efficient as well as on ways to ensure our keys are programmed for the guests length of stay.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. It would sadden us to know that you chose to stay with another hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at fld@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarac
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Laud...
#88 of 137 in Fort Lauderdale
3.5 of 5 stars 333 reviews
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way
Extended Stay America - Fort Lau...
#79 of 137 in Fort Lauderdale
3.5 of 5 stars 141 reviews
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#82 of 137 in Fort Lauderdale
3.5 of 5 stars 163 reviews
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.
Sawgrass Grand
Sawgrass Grand
#4 of 4 in Sunrise
3.0 of 5 stars 696 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac? Share your experiences!