Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3873 West Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33309 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Tamarac
“HORRIBLE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

After given a room and wrong direction to the room i enter the room and it smell of wet carpet with no tv remote ..calk front desk no answer after leaving the room i had to wait almost 2 hours to get another room computer and printer was down about 4 guest could not get a room and they had reservation it was a nightmare!

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the unsatisfying customer service you received. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have reviewed how to address guest concerns in a timely fashion with the entire staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I invite you to contact me, at fld@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I saw roaches in the room. The bed and box spring were stained. The bedding was old, had holes and had a smell. When I checked in, the employee had no idea what he was doing. He seemed lost. There was no change. I phoned to report the roaches I saw and asked if I could change rooms, he said wow then asked if my problem could wait until the following morning. I assumed that because I paid about 70+ dollars on the room, I got one of the worst rooms. I knew the room wasn't in top shape because one of the numbers on the room door was written with a marker.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. We appreciate the kind comments about the landscaping we have outside the hotel; however, we apologize that your room was unclean and the font desk staff was unable to assist you efficiently. Please know, regardless of what you spend to stay at our hotel, we treat all of our guests equally. Each room is meant to be cleaned upon a guests check-out, and I promise, we would never intentionally place you in one that was not. With your comments in mind, I am meeting with my staff to coach them on proper cleaning techniques and reviewing customer service basics too.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Skaneateles, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

(Booke 2 rms) Dirty. Non smoking rms reeked of smoke/cigarette burns in carpets.AC/fan didn't work properly. Changed rooms 3 times due to painting or work being done on rms and front office not aware.. Switched rm because of heavy cigarette smoke smell and the room was just dirty. Son's room had lrg blood stain on mattress so neither son wanted to sleep on that bed. Brought a small dog and he kept finding things under the beds like a hairband, earrings, rubberbands etc... Was afraid the dog was going to get sick from the hotel room! EEK!

Room Tip: Stay at a different Hotel!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The conditions of the room you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience plus having to change rooms so many times. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have informed my housekeeping staff of the issues you described, including a strong smoke odor, stains, and items underneath the beds. Together, using this information, we are doing a walk through of the guest rooms, taking time to complete a thorough spring cleaning.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at fld@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Coal Springs Fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Beware- reservations says one thing about the room and boy are you in for a shock. Was told rooms were renovated and had large recliner in room. OH NO....instead of the 32 in flatscrren is was told was there, i find a 27 in box TV with bad reception. The big recliner, NOT if you are more than 175 lbs its a tight fitting chair. I called the reservation # 2 times to complain and ask why i was mis lead and was promised a call back and of course nothing!! No call nothing. The week I stayed was paid in advance so there was no checking out, or all money was lost. Just a overpriced pit. It has gone down hill and needed renovation ( as the toll free number states it already had ) like 10 years ago!! Save yourself and keep looking before booking

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that our hotel amenities were not communicated to you correctly. Please accept my apologies. In the moing months, we are scheduled for a complete renovation, which we should have communicated better. I will work with my staff to ensure we do so moving forward.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at fld@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Honolulu, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

A well-deserved record lowest ever ranking for the dozens of hotels I have reviewed throughout the years, this hotel cannot be recommended regardless of price. I arrived just before 12 midnight, and the Front Office was closed. There was a wall mounted telephone for after-hours access, but no one answered. There were two other parties with reservations also waiting with me, and like me, they advised their reservations were confirmed for late arrival. After 20 minutes a Security Guard on rounds noticed us waiting and was able to locate the Night Clerk who was a nice enough guy, but none of us who had waiting 30 minutes outside of the Front Office were very pleased. My room reeked of what can best be described as moldy cigarette smoke. The kitchenette counter-tops had cigarette burns, the carpet was thread-bare worn in places, and the bathtub was chipped in numerous places. The gasket seal on the fridge door needed replacing which hindered the door from closing properly. The 26 in. old-style CAT tube TV had a very poor picture and the screen flipped often while watching CNN. Like the carpet, the bed and bathroom linens were severely worn, although they at least appeared clean, but were rough as sandpaper. The bed was marginally comfortable but the pillows were sub-standard. There were numerous ants in the kitchen and spiders in the bathroom, but thankfully no bed bugs were detected upon close inspection. The room’s door card key deactivated after its first use requiring the Security Guard to again locate the Front Desk Clerk so the card key could be replaced at 1:30 AM. I noticed there is both a La Quinta and Holiday Inn Express down the street just a couple blocks, and they surely must be better options because it is not possible they could be any worse!

Room Tip: Do not check in!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you experienced an longer than usual wait time for check in and that your key deactivated after using it just once. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I have use your feedback to help train all of front desk staff to be more attentive and efficient as well as on ways to ensure our keys are programmed for the guests length of stay.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. It would sadden us to know that you chose to stay with another hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at fld@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just had a super 8 day stay at the Homestead Studio Suites in Tamarac, Florida. The facility and grounds are immaculate and my room compared favorably with other far-more expensive properties. Samantha and Carli on the Front Desk were very welcoming, knowledgeable, and went out of their way to make my stay as pleasant as possible. Lots of well-lighted parking; quiet, and centrally located to restaurants, shopping, and easy on-off access to the Turnpike and Interstate.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room. They are quieter. A little restaurant that serves the best roast duck i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. A great deal for the price. Excellent customer service! The location was very conveinent to restuarants and shops. It wasnt far from the mall. It was right next too a bank which was also good. The walls were not thin and our room did not smell like so many other hotels i have stayed. The bathroom needed an update but it was very clean and served us just fine.

Room Tip: If you are staying a less than 8 days, they do not provide housekeeping so you will have to exchange...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac? Share your experiences!