“Stay Away” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3873 West Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33309 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Tamarac
Miramar, Florida, United States
“Stay Away”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Customer service was exceptional. Unfortunately that's the best I can say about the hotel. The room smelled like mold and mildew. The furniture was outdated and mix mashed. The cable tv, all 6 channels, was broken. The room felt depressing. Never again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

On several of my stay I had the opportunity to be assisted by Carli and Samantha and at all times even though they are busy they displayed the utmost courtesy. They explained Policies and procedures with full understanding and knowledge. These two ladies in my opinion are a credit and an asset to this establishment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
In Yo Head
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Kitchen- 1 plate, 2 glasses, 2 saucers, 1 bowl. 2 butter knives, 3 forks, 4 spoons. 2 small pots.
Rooms Dont look like the pictures. mine has no chairs or desks or love seats, basically the bed and 2 stools from the kitchen. My 60yr old parents had no where to sit.
Tv- about a 20 inch made in 1997- i looked on the back. THATS 16 YEARS OLD. nice. i bought a 32 inch from the store and returned it when i left.
Most rooms with 1 bed are king size, there's are queen.
Cable channels are what you'd expect from the cheap motels- 24 channels with showtime.
Read the other reviews for info on charges for clean towels and rooms.
Internet is free, but slow unless you upgrade for a fee.
They do allow dogs, for $25 a day

OH AND MY FAVORITE PART, there was a pair of weighing scales in the cabinet with suspicious residue on it. Check out the picture. i disposed of it immediatly, i wish there staff could avoid leaving felony's in the rooms before i stay.
The price good, although i dont know about the valule.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you have a car, and want to be in a convenient location, have a kitchen and prepare your breakfast before heading out, this is your place.
Comfortable beds and quiet, plenty of parking spaces (which is free). Internet speed was ok. Staff at front desk is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed here before, the only complaint I have is that I had booked a king size bed in a non-smoking room and when we arrived they did not have any for us. They offered a queen size non smoking instead, she said I had requested a smoking room. I pointed out to her that I had printed our my confirmation and it said non-smoking. I don't understand why we pay for something then they do not keep that kind of room for you. By the rates on their site at the moment there should be a discount of 5$ a day between a king size and a queen room, non were offered. So what is the purpose of pre-booking if they do not honor what you book.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brazil
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Was going to stay for 3 weeks, but bathroom was in a deplorable condition and cleanliness wasn't a strong point.
Besides, for a 3 weeks stay the room service was inexistent: you had to pay an extra $15 (yes, $15) to have towels and bed made up everyday! Even the toilet paper would fit in this $15 deal, not to say soap or shampoo.

So, my impression and the reason I left before the end of the 3 weeks was because I felt like I had been scammed. If I added the extra $15 on top on the daily rate it wouldn't be my first choice at all.
It had a kitchen... If that's what you need, pots, pans and dishes, better bring in the detergent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Secaucus, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

this is a very pleasant, clean and friendly location. I stay here often because i work in the area and they make it very comfortable. Carli the front desk receptionist is always very helpful and friendly to me. I would highly recommend this convenient location to anyone coming to the area.

Room Tip: non smoking rooms are the best.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property.
Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac? Share your experiences!