“Good value. Housekeeping could be better.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3873 West Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33309 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Tamarac
Punta Gorda
“Good value. Housekeeping could be better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed here twice and this is probably the best value in Tamarac and the most affordable. The staff is great, the rooms are simple. They do have a kitchen so that is nice. Also the way the hotel is set up it is very quiet even though it is right on the main Commercial Blvd. My only complaint would be the housekeeping/maintenance which can be hit or miss - a little more attention to detail in that area and I would give this place 5 stars. The first time I stayed in a room in the 200 block and the housekeeping was fine but the TV was not working. The second time I stayed I was in room 312 and there was a hole where it looked like someone hit the wall that needs to be patched up. Also it was obvious the carpet had not been vacuumed and the floor in the kitchen could have been swept and mopped up better. The comforters needed to be replaced as there were cigarette burn holes and stains on it. The bathroom had a few strands of hair here and there. Having some extra blankets or pillows in the closet would also be helpful and maybe upgrading to the flat screen televisions. Also I stayed only one night each time I stayed so note that if you stay longer they do not have daily housekeeping service. I would stay here again but I would probably ask to switch rooms next time if the housekeeping/maintenance was not up to par.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond.
We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bradenton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

The old saying is still true, you get what you pay for. This place is clean and the rooms are ok in size. If all you need is a bed and bathroom then you are ok. This place has no extras and is in need of some paint. Everything worked alright, just that nothing look nice. It is an older place that just needs a little touch up here and there.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. That means we don't set out extra amenities like shampoo, lotions, shower caps, etc, in our rooms. However, our hotel does have a limited supply of sundries at the front desk, and we happily dispense them free of charge upon request. Operating in this way allows us to continue to provide you our great rooms at exceptional rates. I take seriously your concern, however, and assure you that we work very hard to explain exactly what we offer to our guests before they arrive.

I am, of course, very sorry that we were unable to make our offerings more clear to you before you checked in, and hope that you will keep our hotel in mind when your future needs are for an accommodation like ours.It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

my time hear at this hotel is always pleasant. the staff and the rooms are clean.The location is pretty good. Lots of shopping and dining around. I would recommend this to place,and will return again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Manager is very professional, friendly, and extremely helpful with all your needs. All the staff are friendly, and courteous and make you feel at home . The suite is clean with lots of room, you also have free wifi in your room. You have lots of room to park. It also is very reasonable on its prices.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Tamarac, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Manager is really helpfull, kind, and a credit to your company!!! Staff also very good at customer
service!! The Suite clean,lovely and homey. I travel alot and this is by far one of the best places
too stay and I sleep so well here, I can't hear outside noise. Just what I needed.

Room Tip: Come here you will be treated right !!!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Rockledge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is a great hotel for the money!! It's close to everything and I have stayed here over 15 times.
It has good parking, it's safe. And I haven't had any problems. The staff is very friendly, they have free wifi. Overall a great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. We are ecstatic that you are such a loyal guest with us. We appreciate you business and thank you for staying with us so many times. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure.

North Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at a lot of hotels and this hotel is a 100 times better than Ramada and Laquinta. It doesn't feel like you're at a hotel, it feels more like you're staying at your friend's house. I really enjoyed my stay here. It's a nice and friendly environment, the staff are friendly and courteous. It's also a excellent location: it's close to CVS, Publix, Flanigans, Marshalls, Dollar Tree, Dots and gas stations everything you can think of is within 3 minutes drive. In addition, it's very quiet, and the rooms are spacious and clean. I guarantee you'll enjoy your stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Book room online and use coupon codes to get a better deal
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, free in-room Wi-Fi, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac? Share your experiences!