You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3873 West Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33309 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Tamarac
Deerfield Beach, Florida, United States
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is an awesome and affordable hotel. I "lived there for 2 months. It is centrally located and close to Ft. Lauderdale airport. There is also a mini mall close to the hotel consisting of a supermarket among other small stores. The hotel offers a kitchen and free parking which were among the criteria i was looking for since i was going to "live" there. The staff were very friendly and accomodationg. Shaneka Rolle, the manager always treated as a VIP. I was very impressed with this hotel and will definitely return

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
We strive to accommodate all needs for a home away from home. We thank you for taking the time to inform us on how much you love staying with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Lauderhill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is the best hotel in Ft Lauderdale!!! Always a friendly professional staff, the rooms are always clean, and its in a conveinent location!!! I love to stay here!!!! There is security on the premises and Its always quiet.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are more private.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
We at Homestead Studios Suites Tamarac are happy to see that you were satisfied with your stay. We strive to accommodate all needs for a home away from home. We thank you for taking the time to inform us on how much you love staying with us.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed here for 6 days. It was nothing special. I did like having a frig. and microwave. There were tiny tiny bugs on the counter top. The room could use updating. I was on business so someone else paid for the room. Thank goodness because I would not have chose this place. It was however conveniently located to a shopping center so I was able to go to Publix and get water, coffee & cream. If you stay more than 6 days houskeeping will come every 6 days, or you can pay to have this service for less than 6 days! Really? I had less than a roll of toliet paper upon arrival, no extra roll in the room!! I had to exchange the paper thin towels every 2 days. I was just there to sleep and have coffee in the morning so I made the best of it. With that being said I will not return. There are several other hotels in the area, Including a Hampton Inn which is one of my favorites! It's worth the extra money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us here at Homestead Studio Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac. I would like to apologize regarding the pests that you came in contact with during your stay. We have contacted our pest control company and can assure you that this problem will be handled very quickly.

Although we only offer housekeeping services for our guest that stay longer than seven nights, we do offer complimentary exchanges services such as linen and soap at the front desk. I apologize that these services were not brought to your attention at check in. We hope that you will give our hotel and Extended Stay Hotels another chance in the future.
Sarasota, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The location was right. Nothing else was.
What a disaster. From unprofessional service to a stinky room, the customer always comes last.

I arrived after 11 pm to start my 5-night stay and had to wait for someone to open the office.
I got to my room and the first thing I noticed was the sharp odor of chlorine trying to mask the scent of mildew from the bathroom. The room had seen better days, but it was clean. All the usual meager equipment was in the crummy cabinets, except for dishwashing liquid. This was the first time I’d stayed in an efficiency that didn’t have even a little packet of dish soap.

When I returned after work the next evening, I found I was locked out. I had just bought food and wanted to get it into the fridge. I went to the office and was told they needed more money from me. The check-in Sunday night only paid for 1 day. Now they wanted the rest. (Couldn’t they have called me or sent an email? That is real customer service). Shouldn’t I have paid the night before? No answer. They took the card number when I made my reservation and had a card imprint from the night before, so was it really necessary that they lock me out to ensure I paid? No answer. I reported that the room smelled bad: I could change it in the morning. I asked for dishwashing soap: they don’t have any. The receptionist was professionally curt, but decidedly unfriendly.

Back in my room, where mildew and bleach were still fighting for nasal supremacy, I called Extended Stay America 800 # to complain. The first person I spoke to was very friendly and concerned. She said to speak to the manager first. I called the front desk. The manager would be back at 9 a.m. I need to talk to her sooner. The manager would be in in 9 a.m. (At an efficiency suite hotel, most guests work. Wouldn’t a manager make herself available at a time convenient for those professionals? Maybe be there early in the morning and stay an hour or two late?). Is there anyway I can talk to the manager now? No. And by the way, you have to leave in the morning. So I wasgetting chucked-out for complaining.

I called the 800 # again to speak with guest relations, and waited on hold. And waited. And waited. And waited. Finally I learned from another reservationist that only 1 person handles guest relations at night. That did it. I immediately packed up and left.

Clearly Extended Stay, as a company, does not care about quests.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was a terrible experience from the start. We did not initially have a reservation at this location. We stopped and was told there were no rooms available. We contacted there corporate reservations and was told there were rooms. The first room we were given was not clean. We were given a second room, and was on our way there when the front desk person ran over to us and said there was a mistake. The room was occupied. We finally got a clean, unoccupied room put our things away and went out for the evening. We got back to our room
turned on the lights, and found cockroaches running around on the bed and table. The staff did not apologize, they actually made us feel like they didn't believe us. We were given a different room but never felt comfortable. We called corporate to express our dissatisfaction, we were told the area Manager would contact us. We are still waiting for that phone call. Will never stay at this hotel, or brand again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

They clean the room once a week,
if you need something U better go to front desk and ask.
In my bussiness trip I got problems with the reservartions with another hotel so I end getting the first that I possible found , late a night an a city that I really dont know.

The front desk personal seeing like struggle to acomodate you but they lack of resources.
My bath tub was clogged and I reported around 4pm results: the guy that need to ckeck on that left whithout fix i.
I request a not smoking room guest what I get smoking smelly one.
Paper toilet just one ,need another U better go to front desk and ask for it.

Room Tip: the rooms closest to the office are more quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. By completing a review, it tells us what we are doing right, and more importantly, what areas we can improve on to make every guests stay feel like this is their "home away from home."

It was disheartening to read about the problems you encountered with your room's bathtub drain and the unpleasant smell of smoke in your non-smoking room. I sincerely apologize about those issues and have spoken to both housekeeping and maintenance to ensure it will not happen again in the future.

Please know that we would love for you to be our guest again, and show you our redoubled efforts. Thank you again for your feedback.
miramar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

i have been staying at this hotel for a long time now, its my home away from home, the manager and staffs are very professional and friendly and they do everything that they can to make your stay as safe and comfortable as possible. I recommend everyone to stay at this hotel its equipt with everything that u would need whether your travelling alone or with your family, the rooms are spacious with a closet and storage space and a kitchen that has everything, microwave, stove, full refridgerator and all the cooking equiptments and table sets and utensils that you would need, Book your next vacation stay at the homestead studio suites, you will not be disappointed, I know I was'nt...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for such a great review of our hotel. We are delighted to have you as our long term guests and provide you with a "home away from home!" We will share your great comments with the entire team. If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarac
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Laud...
#84 of 136 in Fort Lauderdale
3.5 of 5 stars 296 reviews
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tamarac East
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tam...
#94 of 136 in Fort Lauderdale
Sawgrass Grand
Sawgrass Grand
#4 of 4 in Sunrise
3.0 of 5 stars 584 reviews

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac? Share your experiences!