You added Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5701 Madison Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tamarac
Orlando Fl
“GREAT EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

This was a great place to stay. Super clean. Friendly staff. Great workout room. Good breakfast. Comfortable bed. Nice bathroom. I will definitely stay there again. I was traveling alone and felt very safe.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

This Hampton is almost NEW and is in excellent shape! It is a bit ‘off the beaten path’ but to me (Atlanta traffic) a 15-minute drive to anything is ‘nothing’! :o)

Very clean, nice hotel overall – great fitness room. No hot tub, but nice looking outdoor pool (small). Very expansive veranda for sitting in the eve’s with a drink (if there are no bugs, it’s not screened).

More than I expect from a Hampton Inn – I hope it stays this clean! I am meticulous about cleanliness, and check EVERYWHERE for any signs of ‘critters’…..I was extremely impressed (it should be clean as it is so new).

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip. The hotel was very well kept, check in was easy, staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was more than expected, clean, and very nice decor. The bed was so comfortable and relaxing. If taking a taxi from the airport just make sure you specify what location, there are 2 Hampton Inn's and this location is a little further down the main road. The pool was on the smaller side and there is no restaurant on site. The overall feel of the hotel is that it is more geared towards business travelers or people passing by. I would not pick this hotel to make a vacation out of it.

florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

I booked our reservation on the Hilton website for 5 people. I spent a long time on the website, trying to make sure there was room for all of us. I saw a photo of a room with two queens and a sleeper sofa and because this is a suite hotel, I assumed that meant I was getting a suite as I have had at other Hampton Inn and Suites. When I actually booked the room, it never indicated that the room slept only 4 or that I would need a rollaway. When we arrived at about 11pm, we found out our room was a standard hotel room with only 2 queens. We tried to find alternative accommodations nearby, but there were none to be had. I'm so tired of hotel chains refusing to recognize that a lot of people have more than 2 kids or possibly older children of opposite gender who don't want to share a bed! A sleeper sofa is not so difficult to incorporate in a room's design and it makes it viable for so many more families. Fortunately, this hotel was able to move us to a handicap accessible room with had space for a rollaway. Service here was very good overall with the exception of the Sun. a.m. kitchen worker who stopped refilling everything about 20 minutes before closing and actually closed the doors 5 minutes early. The room was very clean and nicely furnished, but the air conditioning unit was incredibly noisy and really interfered with our sleep. It cycled on about every 7 minutes or so and sounded like someone was shaking the ice bucket every time it shut off. We all woke up frequently throughout each night. Although the bed seemed comfortable enough when I went to sleep, I always woke up feeling achy, so maybe it wasn't as comfortable as I thought. The gym was well equipped, light and open. Didn't use the pool, but it seemed nice. This was a great home base for Ft. Lauderdale with an abundance of shopping and restuarant nearby.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for just over 2 weeks. It was the best hotel experience I've ever had. The hotel was clean, it appeared to have been recently remodeled. It is located far enough from the Sawgrass expressway to be quiet but close enough to be convenient when I needed to travel. My bed was comfortable and the suite was large with a microwave, minifridge, and kitchen counter and sink. The breakfast food quality was excellent and there were many options, including oatmeal, eggs, yogurt, and a fresh fruit salad everyday. The gym was bright and clean, with free weights and several excercise machines with televisions attached. They even provide towels and water in the gym. There is a Subway and Dunkin Donuts just up the road and I was given a stack of take-out menus from which to order. I will definately return to this hotel when I visit the Tamarac area again.

Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

Nice hotel but we wouldn't stay there again unless we had our own vehicle. The hotel seemed too far out of the way for our liking. We had to cab everywhere and many of the cab drivers didn't even know where the hotel was. One day, we had to wait an hour for a cab to show up-they kept getting lost going to the other Hampton. We spent too much money on cabs and too much time waiting for cabs other than that the place is nice.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
WEYMOUTH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

We arrived at Tamarac Hampton Inn at 11am after a cruise, expecting to be told that our room would not be ready until 3pm.We were warmly greeted at reception by Andrew Brown, who said it would not be a problem.He moved a few rooms around and found us a very clean, spacious and comfortable room to check in right away. Full marks for effeciency, Andrew.
Sandra also at Reception was all smiles and very helpful when we made enquiries about Fort Lauderdale.
The young lady at the breakfast bar was also charming and went out of her way to help everyone. The breakfast fresh fruit salad was fresh, the hot food was hot.

The Manager is to be complimented on running such a happy and efficient team. We were definately happy customers and we will be back.

The only suggestion I would have would be to screen off the swimming pool from the car park.

It should be noted that on the Sawgrass Expressway, junction 3 is now junction 5.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarac
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Sawgrass Grand
Sawgrass Grand
#4 of 4 in Sunrise
3.0 of 5 stars 566 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac? Share your experiences!