“Just above Average” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Just above Average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This is a nice place, friendly staff and is well maintained. The rooms are clean and are pretty much up to date with free wifi. They also offer a small lounge with a menu, but the hours of operations are less than desirable considering some people traveling are just getting in and need a bit of time to rest and closing at 9 pm is a bit too early but I suppose considering the drink prices, they don't anticipate people drinking to long. Yes they are a bit steep but the hotel itself, is a bit on the higher end on the pricing scale. But overall, if you don't mind the price it is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sharon P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at our property. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Your comments are very important to us and we will take all remarks in consideration as we work to improve our services. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Sharon Priester, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 4 or 5 times now when staying in Tally for business. I have never gotten a bad room before. I think I might have just gotten a really bad room (Room 329). I paid for a “junior Suite” it was not a complimentary upgrade. I was really surprised at the poor condition of this room/suite.

But first the good things…. You do not hear any of the interstate noise at all which is great since it is within sight of the interstate. The location is great and in a Very safe area. There are plenty of parking spaces and the parking lot is well lit at night. The lobby looks really nice. The business center is updated with new computers and printers. The breakfast served in the restaurant was good.

Now the bad things…. The room’s carpeting is getting worn and tattered; it looks like it has seen better days. I had cobwebs in the corners. The walls had cracks running down them. The wallpaper in the bathroom was coming off the wall. The wallpaper also had mold and water damage on it above the door. The bathroom vent had not been cleaned in ages and was disgustingly dirty. Obviously there had been some damage to this room as shown on the EXTREMLY POORLY repaired floor. The Bathtub had mold and mildew and was not clean, as you would expect in a Hilton Property.

The AC system worked great. The sheets were clean. The floors were dirty. I found a half eaten part of a pizza crust on the floor under a curtain when I went to pull back the curtains….

Needless to say… as a Hilton Honnors Diamond member....The Hampton Inn or Homewood Suites in Tally are looking much better to me from now on……

Stayed July 2014
Sharon P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you were impressed with the service you received from our team. I understand that you encountered an opportunity for us to do better with the cleanliness of your room. I sincerely apologize as this is one of the many areas in which we are very vigilant to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. We dropped the ball, and you deserve better. I, along with my housekeeping staff and maintenance team, have taken the necessary action to make sure this does not happen again. I hope that next time you’re in Tallahassee you will give us another chance to provide you with the excellent experience you deserve and use to having during your stay with us

Gulf Breeze, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stay at this hotel several times a year for work. Usually just a quick overnight stay. The hotel reliably provides a clean room, quick check-in and out, and decent internet. The breakfast is standard. Overall, this is a very reliable business hotel that won't disappoint.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to being your home the next time you are in the Tallahassee area.

memphis,tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed at this hotel passing through on our way to Miami. Right off the expressway which was a good thing. Staff was nice and courteous. Stayed in the JR. Suite. Nice comfortable night away from home. Breakfast was great. Attendant over the food area where we ate breakfast was attentive. Surely deserving of a tip.

Room Tip: Jr Suite is super nice
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and like our location.. We look forward to your return .. Thank you again for staying with us

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Right off the expressway which was very convenient. Nice and clean room. We stayed in the jr. Suite and was very satisfied. The staff was professional. The breakfast was delicious. The male attendant over the breakfast area was very attentive. Deserving of a tip for sure.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Sharon P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you were impressed with the service you received from our team. As a team our number one goal is to provide each and every one of our guest that greatest customer experience. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you soon in the near future.

Florence, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Hilton Garden Inn Hotel was very nice and staff very helpful. Internet usage fairly fast. The hotel was in a good location and easily accessable to Downtown and FSU. Staff was very helpful in providing information to local attractions and places to eat and find entertainment. Clean hotel and outdoor pool was a please to unwind in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return in the near future. Thank you again for staying with us

Hoover, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The Furniture was dirty. The Bathroom had roaches and mold growing in the corner. But the worst was finding a dirty pair of underwear that had been left by a previous guest. Housekeeping obviously missed the mark on this room. I redeemed Hilton points to stay here, and feel like I was ripped off. Buyer beware.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sharon P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with our property. We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience. I was especially disappointed to read from your review that our housekeeping staff did clean the room as expected. This not the charcter of our property. There is no other option for clean at our property so I am very sorry. You being a frequent traveler with Hilton you know that is not a Hilton standard nor a standard of the Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee. I can assure you this is very unusual to happen and I’ve made sure to personally speak to our staff regarding your comments. We make every effort to satisfy our guests and I truly apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Again, I apologize and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again

Sharon Priester,General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee? Share your experiences!