“Great place in most all ways” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #12 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
ga
“Great place in most all ways”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Disappointed that breakfast was not included. Also there was no phone directory on premises. The room was very good and the staff courteous. Cleaning was timely and efficiently completed. The pool area was on the side of our room and was noisy the first night. I called the front desk and it was remedied.
Suggest that room away from pool be requested in warmer months.

Room Tip: Get room away form pool in warmer months.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Sanibel Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is my fourth stay at HIlton Garden Inn in Tallahassee. The rooms are clean, fresh, and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We participated in the morning breakfast which is well appointed, efficient, with an excellent variety of choices. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Excellent hotel. Very friendly staff. Clean rooms. Great location. Very quiet. Would highly recommend! I was a female staying by myself 2 nights, and felt totally safe there. The only question I had.....I booked 2 consecutive nights, but I booked them each individually. There was a $20 difference in room price for these nights. One included breakfast coupon and one didn't. Breakfast cost is less than $10. I just don't understand the price difference, and the front desk could not help clear this up for me. So just be sure and ask for lowest rate.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Our preference was the Hilton Garden Inn closer to FSU and thought this hotel would lack. The hotel and rooms were clean, bed very comfortable and staff very helpful. Loved the breakfast buffet. Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have stayed this hotel over the years and even saw some recent renovations to the lobby. The hotel is a bit off the beaten path and is fairly quiet. Good for frequent travelers to get some sleep.

The service is good and people are friendly. The hotel has good rooms but are bit dated. I understand they might see some room renovations soon. Which is great sign.

Breakfast there has always hit the spot and the coffee is always fresh and hot.

Room Tip: Tip here is to ask the front desk to get a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Sharon P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast. We use your comments as a guide as we continue to improve our product and service. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Kind regards,

Sharon Priester, General Manager
West Monroe, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

On my hilton honors account it has to try to put me in a high floor and non smoking. The room was actually gauranteed "non-smoking" but I got a smoking room and it smelled like smoke. They did not switch me to a different room. I asked several times to switch and they told me until someone coming in cancelled they would not be able to switch me. Assuming since I was already there the customer coming in had more priority then me. Manager called and gave me hilton honors points and said she would talk to her staff, she was very understanding but by then I had checked out.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sharon P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Greetings Todd H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Silver HHonors member, you are our most valued guest. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry we did not exceed your expectations. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

Best regards,

Front Office Manager
Shaneika W.
Windham, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

The location of this hotel is behind a large bank building so it is not visible from the street and, to add to the difficulty of finding it, there are no signs anywhere. Not on the street or on the building itself. There were very few people staying there as it so hard to find. The food in the restaurant is quite mediocre although the menu looks tempting. I ordered the wild mushroom wrap with brie, spinach, and roasted peppers. It came with canned domestic mushrooms which were 65% of the filling. For breakfast there is only the $9.95 buffet so you cannot order just a bowl of cereal although you can have a 9.95 bowl of oatmeal.
There are better values in hotels out there. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee? Share your experiences!