“Decent room, charge for breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #12 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Houston, Texas
“Decent room, charge for breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The room was large & clean, but I was stunned to find that they charged $9.95/person for what is almost always a complimentary breakfast at other hotels. This is the first Hilton hotel (or other chain) that I've stayed at in 20 years that expected you to pay for the simple breakfast of a few eggs, potatoes, and bacon. After $200/night for the room, one would expect a little better customer service in the morning. I will continue to use Hilton, but will avoid this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Cheryl H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Raymond M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you found the room clean and spacious. I'm sorry you were dissatisfied with the price of our extensive breakfast buffet. It is a standard for any Hilton Garden Inn, so I apologize if you were not informed. I hope you choose to give us another try.

Cheryl Horne, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Franklin NC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

great place to stay - staff was over the top - facilities were fresh and sparkling - very accommodating - the location is great to reach all parts of the city - near great places to eat - convenient to Interstate 10

Dear Lawrence C,

Thank you for your review of our property and staff. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. I'm glad your stay with us was enjoyable and the location was convenient . I hope you stay with us again the next time you travel to Tallahassee!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Although we are Honors members this was our first stay in a Hilton Garden Inn. The room was clean and very comfortable. Great location and easy to find. the staff was friendly and very helpful. Great night's sleep on a nice bed.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheryl H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Peggy M.,

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. I'm glad your stay with us was a good one. We always strive to make our guests feel at home. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Hampton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Not what I expected of a Hilton family line of hotels. The king bed we had was really hard and it did sag in the middle even when turned all the way down. I see others had issues - with the same type form letter responses from Cheryl Horne about the beds being raved about and assume that will be her response to mine as well. Are we all getting the same bed and it is just not being repaired? Does make me wonder.
I was awakened during the night by a bent screen to our window obviously damaged. Next morning I reported my dissatisfaction of the bed and reported the screen as well the the front desk clerk only to discover 7 hours later when I returned it had not been repaired and still making the loud noise when the wind blew. Called the front desk and was told "luckily my maintenance man had not left for the day." Luckily??? Really? Again let another smiling face know my displeasure. Where was the 100% guarantee to make this right and my stay a pleasant one? Where was a call from a manager on duty?
Everyone working there will smile from ear to ear at you and yes they all seem very nice but beyond that, don't expect much more from them if you have an issue. Very disappointed in this Hilton Garden Inn. 14-15 nov 2013

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Beartravel143,
I am extremely sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your stay! We would like to offer you a complimentary stay at our hotel the next time you travel to Tallahassee. We acknowledge that there were unresolved issues during your stay and apologize for that.
I will mail your certificate to you, should you have any other questions or concerns, please contact me at 850-329-9024.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Our first room had the air break. We were told 2x it was being fixed after the first night of our stay. we arrived back to our room after midnight on the second night after attending a wedding and the problem was not fixed. They did then change our room-but annoyed it was like 1am! They made no apologies and no comps were given.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
I am extremely sorry to hear your air unit wasn’t working. I have spoken with our staff and we have removed the charges for the last night you stayed with us. You should see a credit, back to your credit card. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you travel to Tallahassee.
Again my sincere apologizes!
Tallhassee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Everyone was kind and helpful! Food was fresh and tasty! Workout room was nice and user friendly! I would definitely stay here again!! This was my first visit to Tallahassee and I enjoyed the stay at the Hilton Garden very much!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Deshea W.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments and are glad you had a great visit with us. We look forward to your next stay!

Clarksburg, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

did not meet my expectations of a hilton property. Bed was extremely hard and uncomfortable. Bring some alieve if you stay here. hvac is so loud you have to turn the tv up to maximum. Its like a hurricane wind blowing on you with no way to adjust..This property does not have a complimentary breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Cheryl H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Itswellworthit,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I'm so sorry to hear that the bed was uncomfortable. Our Garden Sleep System beds generally get great reviews, but they do need maintenance on occasion and it sounds like that is the case. We will definitely have a team member follow-up on that. I will also pass your information regarding the air unit, as your comfort is very important to us. I hope you are able to stay with us again soon!
Cheryl Horne-Director of Sales

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee? Share your experiences!