“Staff Is Great, Location OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Tallahassee North / Capital Circle

You added TownePlace Suites Tallahassee North / Capital Circle to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Tallahassee North / Capital Circle
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1876 Capital Circle, NE, Tallahassee, FL 32308   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #27 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
New York, New York
“Staff Is Great, Location OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Stayed at the Towneplace Suites for two weeks for work in April 2011. The location is OK, I had to drive all the way to the other side of Tallahassee. I didn't make the arrangements for this trip. The rooms were average, I will say they were clean and you could open the windows up. The pool was small, that was understandable with the size of the property. They could have planned it a little better. The breakfast in the morning is in the small front desk area. The thing that made a lasting impression for me was the staff, they were great! Even when the fire alarm went off three nights in a row, it was annoying after the first night.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
TPSTLH32308, Manager at TownePlace Suites Tallahassee North / Capital Circle, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lawanda Manning, and I am the General Manager at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Tallahassee North.

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to share this information about your stay, as I understand how busy you must be with your travels and every day affairs.

When you stay at a Marriott, there are certain expectations that a guest has, and very well should have. It is through feedback such as yours that we continue to improve and strive to provide the highest quality service and the best product. Again, I would like to thank you that for your comments and apologize for the fire alarm late at night.
Please know that through our guest comments, we can only continue to improve and we look forward to have you and your family stay with us soon.

At your service,

Lawanda Manning

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Davie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

We looked for a hotel for two couples visiting Tallahassee on a football game weekend. All the hotels raise their prices for these weekends. This one provided a good option, two bedrooms, kitchen and living area for less than 2 separate rooms elsewhere. We were glad we gave it a try.

The only downside is one bathroom in the room. But we managed just fine. It had a separate toilet and shower area from the sink so it was not a problem.

Loved having the kitchen and the living area. Made it feel very comfortable.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We asked for a few extra towels and within 5 minutes we had them.

It is a bit far from campus but the hotels near campus book early an there aren't that many. It is about a 15 minute drive to campus, with normal traffic. Tallahassee can have terrible rush hour traffic and one has to be extra patient on gamedays.

Good alternative for two couples or families with children.

• Stayed October 2011
Mableton, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Let me first state that I stay in Marriott’s a lot. During my busy season I may stay there 1-2 nights a week. So I am use to a certain level of service and quality. Ok with that said, let me start. The appearance of the rooms looked as if they hosted college day football every weekend. The furniture was over worn and just old looking. The pillows on the sofa and chairs were worn out. My kids were with us, so they slept on the pull out sofa. The mattress was filthy. We had to call down to the front desk for sheets and they had no extra pillows in the hotel. The mattress on the bed was no better. I woke up each day with a backache. It was worse than a mattress at the Motel 6 back in 1960. I only weigh 150 lbs. The worst nights I have spent in a hotel in years because I’ve been staying at Marriott’s where I know the beds are great! The kitchen had sets of 3 dishes and the silverware did not match at all. Several critical dishes within the limited kitchen were missing. But, I must say, the service was great. The young people at the front desk were very accommodating as much as they could be. This is a franchise location. They do not follow Marriott protocol. They operate under manager/owner discretion. My advice to Marriott is to either buy back this location or sell it off completely. It gives Marriott a bad name. By the way, the group we were with, all professionals felt the same way. Needless to say, we won’t be staying at this location again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
TPSTLH32308, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tallahassee North / Capital Circle, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
I want to write and introduce myself to you. My name is Lawanda Manning, and I am the General Manager at the Towneplace Suites Marriott. I am writing in response to your trip advisor comments regarding your stay at TownePlace suites.

We appreciate that you took the time to give feed back on your experience, it is through our guests feed back that we can only strive to improve the service that we provide.

Thank you for your time and comments,
Sincerely yours,
Venice
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Very Slow internet speed, made productivity an issue.

Ran a speed test with DSL reports, found download was 447 KBS

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This was a quick stop over travelling back home. The hotel is in need of updating. The lobby is very small and cluttered. For the most part the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean. There was a queen size bed and a pull-out sofa. When the sofa-bed was pulled out, there was hardly enough room to walk between the bed and the pull-out sofa bed. There is a small cooking area with a small full oven. The room was well equipped with the basic cooking needs and all of the necessary dishes and glassware. We probably would not stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I have been a guest of the hotel for the last two years and I spend at least 3 nights a week here and I cannot think of any other hotel in Tallahasse where I would rather stay (I have stayed at several hotels in the area) The stafff is very friendly and accomodating (they really go above and beyond), the rooms are always clean and well mantained.
the location is great, you have a ruby tuedays next door that you can walk to, both Publix and Walmart are about a 5 minute drive from the Hotel, there is a 24 Hour pharmacy very close to the hotel, about 15 minute drive to the Capitol and a 8 minute drive to I-10.
There is a small on site Gym at the hotel but they have an agreement with the Gold's gym on Capital Cir so you can go there for free.
I will definetely recomend this hotel to anybody coming to Tallahassee!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
High Springs, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Roaches were running around kitchen counter and bathroom. Roaches were found in both buildings. When I told the manager about it she said "it happens" and did not seem surprised or shocked. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
TPSTLH32308, Manager at TownePlace Suites Tallahassee North / Capital Circle, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear Seacruise,

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lawanda Manning, and I am the General Manager at the Towneplace Suites by Marriott Tallahassee North.

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to share this information about you stay, as I understand how busy you must be with your travels and every day affairs.

Second, I want to apologize for not meeting your expectations. When you stay at a Marriott, there are certain expectations that a guest has, and very well should have. It is through feedback such as yours that we continue to improve and strive to provide the highest quality service and the best product. I want you to know that your comments have not been over looked as we will use them to better our offering. Again, I extend my deepest apology to you that we were not able to meet your expectations.

I sincerely hope that your stay with us has not influenced your view towards Marriott. Please know that through our guest comments, we can only continue to improve.

At your service,

Lawanda Manning

Been to TownePlace Suites Tallahassee North / Capital Circle? Share your experiences!