“Unbelievable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Macon, Georgia
“Unbelievable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

The staff at the Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee was awesome! They were always there to assist our Men's Basketball Team in any way they could. Our coaching staff agreed that it was one of the best hotels we had ever stayed at when it came to service and quality. I personally dealt with Amanda in Group Sales and she was great. Also, Abagail with the front office staff was awesome. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that will be visiting Tallahassee!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
DoubletreeTLH, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this review, December 20, 2010
On behalf of The Doubletree Hotel & Staff, we would like to personally thank you not only for your kind review, but also for allowing us to host you and your team during your recent trip to Tallahassee. We are so pleased to hear that your stay was wonderful. Guest satisfaction is indeed the top priority for all the staff at the Doubletree. We pride ourselves in providing guests like you with the best service possible. We look forward to bringing you more positive experiences in your future visits to our city.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the doubletree when in town for a fsu game. Our first impression of the hotel was great. We were able to check in early, the staff was very helpful, and although small the room was very clean and nice. However, after returning from the game our room was freezing and so were we. We quickly discovered that the heater not only did not work but made a tray obnoxious noise that kept me up all night. We also had issuses with the hot water. Cold showers are not fun when all you want to do is get warm. If you have to stay here I recommend staying in the summer.

• Stayed November 2010
We apologize for your unpleasant experience during your stay with us. We sincerely care about the comfort and convenience of each guests at our hotel and we hope that you will allow us to give you the positive experience you deserve during your next visit to Tallahassee. Here at The Doubletree, we pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and cleanliness; therefore, we truly thank you for the compliments of the staff. We hope to welcome you back on future travels to our city, with a more pleasant outcome and comfortable room experience.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010 via mobile

Our sheets and towels had stains. We had to call to change them out. The carpet has stains. The water doesn't drain when you shower. The staff was pleasant and friendly. The hotel is in the downtown district of the capital of Florida and should be kept much better than this. Also our friends room had a leak from the ceiling. This hotel needs major renovation. I will not spend my money here again until it is improved.

• Stayed October 2010
Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I have stayed at several hotels in the Tallahassee area and I must say, this one was the very best. Although the hotel is VERY clean, comfortable and in a desirable downtown location, the best part was the staff. They are easy to work with, greet you with a smile, and make you feel like you are family from the moment you walk in the door. They greet you with their signature warm chocolate chip cookies and answer any questions you might have about the city with a wealth of knowledge. I will certainly stay here again and truly enjoyed my experience here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
DoubletreeTLH, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this review, November 4, 2010
Thank you for your resent review in TripAdvisor. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. At the Doubletree Tallahassee pride ourselves in offering a well-rounded experience for our guest. We are able to do so by listening to the reviews like yours and then fine- tuning our service training and practices to achieve excellence. Again, thank you for your compliments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee and of course with a warm Doubletree Cookie!
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Paid in full with credit card, through Expedia, about 2 months before check-in date of 10/8. Provided hotel with Expedia documentation at check-in. They insisted on taking my credit card for "incidentals." Checked online credit card statement the evening of check-in - I do it every evening when I'm traveling - and was horrified to find 3 charges (3 rooms/2 nights for family group) of $171.25 each, listed as pending on my credit card.
Talked to someone about it the next morning - 10/9, and was assured it was NORMAL and would come off my statement after I checked out. Is it normal to overcharge someone's credit card acount by $513.75, when they've already paid for the rooms?
The next morning, check-out on 10/10, the hotel slipped the statement under my door (before 3:00 AM) and I about died when I saw that they were still putting the room charge on my credit card.
After talking to an employee when checking-out, they assured me that a mistake was made, they would fix it, and there would be no charge to my credit card bill, other than the $12 for parking.
The $513.75 remained as a "pending" charge on my credit card bill for an entire week.
Obviously, no one made an effort to fix it as they had promised. It reduced my available credit for a week by $513.75, which is crucial since the card I use for traveling purposefully has a low credit limit, to guard against fraud.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Outstanding Services,Quality,CleanlinessAnd Professional Staff:
1. Abigail 2. Katie 3. T.J.Grier 4. Inika 5. Mr. Kelly 6. Mike 7. Megan 8. Ray.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Glad you had a great experience at the Doubletree Tallahassee. We appreciate you acknowledging the exceptional service provided by our staff and delighted that each one our front office employees made an impact on your stay. Next time you are in town let us know so that Abigail, Katie, T.J.Grier, Inika, Mike, Megan, Ray and our entire staff under the leadership of General Manager Mr. Kelly may welcome you back with a warm Doubletree Cookie!
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

I can attribute it to the manager, Mr. Kelly. I have stayed here numerous times and he is really the difference. It occurred to me today that I have never really seen hotel managers in the many hotels I have stayed in ... unless I demand to speak to one. This gentleman is so far above anyone I have ever met in the hotel business that it is hard to describe. When I arrive he is always visible and greets me like a friend. Sometimes we are hauling motorcycles and he always drops everything to help us fine a good place to park. Of course, the hotel is well run. The staff are welcoming and delightful. The Tallahassee cityscape views in this hotel are breathtaking. The beds are comfortable. The showers great. I love coming here. and Mr. Kelly is the best!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you on your appreciative comment about our general manager John Kelly. As you are aware, a hospitable attitude starts at the top, and the service at Doubletree Tallahassee is a great example of his infectious leadership. We are thankful for your continual business! When your travels bring you to our area again, please let us know so that we may have the perfect parking space for you along with a warm Doubletree signature cookie!

Been to Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee? Share your experiences!