The staff people were friendly, but that is the only really positive thing I can say about this hotel, besides the location, which is very convenient to the downtown business district.
I stayed there in late March for business, and here is what I observed:
- Elevators were extremely slow and always jam-packed with crowds of people who had waited up to 20 minutes at a time.
- Restaurant food was very bad. The bar is OK, and the bartender lady was very nice, though.
- Way overpriced - paid $229/night for a horrific experience.
- Parking garage is right next to several hotel rooms, I felt extremely sorry for those people staying on the third floor, where they get a view of a car parked outside their window.
- Conference room and meeting facilities were just totally inadequate.
- After being gone from my room most of the day for business, I returned at 5pm to the room being in the exact condition in which I left it - housekeeping didn't even show up, and it wasn't like I had the privacy sign on my door or anything.
- Fitness center - they have like three machines in there and it is the size of a phone booth.
- Everything in the hotel is outdated. I felt like I was staying in some Stalin-era government building in the old Soviet Union.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Check-in complete with complimentary chocolate chip cookies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tallahassee Doubletree
- Doubletree Tallahassee