“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Richmond
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I was in the area for a business trip. The hotel was close to FSU campus and only a short drive to the airport. The staff was nice and helpful and the room rates were reasonable for the location. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

After walking through this property a few years ago, it seems as though improvements have been made in the recent past. My room was clean, had an excellent view of downtown, and was excellent overall. The beds were extremely comfortable, and the shower water pressure was great. The bathroom was a bit on the small side, but was ample for just myself. If staying on a weekend you can skip the pay parking as there is ample on street parking nearby, and the meters are not enforced after 6 on Friday afternoons.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Midland City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a nice hotel & I enjoyed staying there for two nights while in the area. However, they charge for internet service unless you are at least a Gold Honors member. I was Platinum Ambassador with another horrible Group that I had to use because of the company I gave my life & soul to for many years & when they canned me suddenly a year & a half ago, as they had a connection with that group they took my million points to boot. Not too much honor in that group & I am glad the Hilton chain is truly still an American company unlike that other Group Club that is actually owned by a British company with many arrogant people that work for them that unfortunately over shadow the good people that work for them. Anyway, this hotel was very nice & they staff was reasonably friendly. The waitress in the restaurant was honest & fair. They do charge for parking though & one should also be aware of that. Overall, I enjoyed my stay here & would return again possibly.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a room next to where any parking garage construction is going on. Parking i...
Orange Park, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel is a fine "home away from home" when traveling. The friendly staff and the location make it a necessary destination while on business or pleasure in Tallahassee FL. The hotel restaurant is a must as well and the food quality was awesome.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel is ridiculous and makes a bad name for the Doubletree. This is my first time staying in one but the hotel line is supposed to be more impressive than this location. Rude lobby attendants who are grouped in threes or fours who converse with themselves instead of greeting guests are what I experienced. My shower was more like a bath (drainage issues). No complementary breakfast but there is an overpriced "restaurant" with a buffet for breakfast and God knows what for dinner, I didn't even bother inquiring. The housekeeper left stained white towels after "replacing" the dirty Ones. I'm not going to even bother to continue. By now you get the point. I hate this place. At least their beds are comfy. Pillows are too soft though.

Room Tip: Having HHONORS doesn't seem to make a difference but the top views are nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
DoubletreeTLH, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
We appreciate that you chose to spend your first stay at a DoubleTree, with us. However, we're very disappointed that your first impressions were not satisfactory. We strive to provide guests with a comfortable and enjoyable experience and we assure you that your concerns are being addressed. We hope that you'll consider giving us another chance to serve you and demonstrate our true hospitality.

Kind regards,
Michelle
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Check-in was fast and easy. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient. The clerk thanked me for my HHonors membership, gave me a warm cookie and a coupon for a complimentary breakfast buffet. All very nice touches.
My room was on the 15th floor, the HHonors floor. I stayed in a king. The room was fresh and clean and in good repair. The bed was very comfortable. The view was impressive. My only gripe about the room is the noisy a/c unit. The sound is a problem trying to watch TV or concentrate on getting some work done. At bed time it became white noise and therefore less of an issue.
The breakfast was a feast. A full range of breakfast foods for every taste.
This hotel is located in the Tallahassee city center. Access to the Universities and the interstate is easy. There are many reasonably priced restaurants within walking distance.
I'll stay here again.

Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Most Hotels renovate the lobby area first this one is right out of the 80' If I wouldn't have precooked I would have walked out. It looks old and run down and smelled slighly odd.....But the room on the 16th floor was nice ..I love ceiling to floor windows with a teriffic view over the park and the rest of Tallahassee . The bed was very comfortable bathroom was ok the hallways are the worst of any Doubletree I have ever stayed in but than again you don't stay in the hallway ....Buffet breakfast was the worst I have ever seen lucky I also had the Omlette to order which was amazing. Great breakfast staff !!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee? Share your experiences!