“Perfect in Every Way!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Perfect in Every Way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Had to drop our teen off at FSU's summer camp ... after a 12 hour drive, the Doubletree Hotel in Tallahassee was perfect for a night's recovery before hitting the road again the next day. We received warm cookies at check-in and were able to get a room with two beds, even though the reservation clerk on the phone told me there were only king beds available. The parking garage had ample parking spaces and we did not have to pay the five dollar parking fee advertised on the hotel website. Easy entry from parking garage to our floor. Hallways seemed a little run down, but our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Coffee makers in the room were convenient, but there's also a small Starbucks in the hotel lobby. Staff was pleasant and accommodating. We already have a reservation for our return trip next week!

Room Tip: Great restaurants in walking distance!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Panama City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

When I got here and checked in the front desk employees were very nice. The parking garage is very tight and steep - hated it. The $6 charge to self park is a bit annoying. When I got to my room it was clean but the cover was left off the air conditioner and was propped against a wall to reveal a dusty AC. Not the best look. But the room was clean and comfy so no complaints there. They charge you $9.95 for 24 hours of "high speed" internet access -- which isn't high speed at all - it's fine for browsing simple web pages but don't bother trying to watch a YouTube video. The view from the room was nice. When I checked out the only person working the front desk seemed more interested in chatting on the phone, and barely spoke two words to me. But luckily every other employee I encountered was very nice. The only way I would recommend this hotel would be if you got it at a discounted rate like I did. Otherwise, I don't think it's worth it for the posted rate.

Room Tip: Use a discount travel site, not worth full price.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011 via mobile

Stayed 1 night in room 508. From the moment we pulled up to the hotel to the moment we checked out we were treated like first class visitors. We are a family of 4, 2 kids 10 & 12. My kids say it was the best hotel ever. Helped that they were greeted with waters and the best chocolate chip oatmeal cookies ever! GREAT front desk staff. Remembered your name. WOW! Great porters and housekeeping department as well!! Go here and you will NOT be disappointed with the service.

Hotel close to everything. Capitol, children's museum, FSU. Great farmers market Saturday morning right across from the front door of the hotel, Starbucks in the lobby, ate at Andrews capital grill. Good food, great waiter!

WILL return!!!

• Stayed June 2011
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

When I pay the price I did for this room I expect better housekeeping. The carpet was gritty and when I got down on the floor to do my morning stretch I could not believe the junk, trash, and general grundge I saw under the dresser. Doesn't anyone sweep under the furniture anymore? Also, in the dining room, they need to dust the center woodwork between the booths. The lobby was nice and the lobby staff was good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
DoubletreeTLH, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this review, June 25, 2011
On behalff of the Doubletree Tallahasse we would like to apologize for the incoviences you encountered at our hotel. We would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our cleanliness in our hotel is very important to us. The problems you encountered were not up to our standards and we will be making the appropriate changes. If you would like to talk about this further please contact our director of housekeeping, Alma.Sohns@hilton.com. Again, we apologize for the trouble and next time we can assure you this will not happen again.
Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I decided that Doubletree hotels are a crapshoot - some are clean and well-maintained, some are not. Our family (2 adults, 2 kids ages 11 & 13) stayed here the 2nd week of June. My husband I stayed here 2 or 3 years ago, and I'm wondering, what happened to this hotel?! When we stayed previously, I remember the hotel being immaculate and well-maintained, and we enjoyed our stay very much. This time, no so much! Dirty furniture, multiple stains on carpet, mildewy bathroom, peeling wallpaper, but all these things are maintenance issues, i.e. things that hotels need to take care of periodically, not entirely related to daily housekeeping. Will post photos of examples. We were only booked for one night, but if we were staying longer I would've asked for another room (mostly to see if all the rooms were in the same dilapidated condition!). We won't stay here again.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
DoubletreeTLH, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this review, June 25, 2011
Our number one goal is the comfort and luxury of our guest. DoubleTree by Hilton Tallahassee would like to apologize for the discomfort of your stay at our hotel. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We have recognized some of the maitence issues and are currently in the process of renovating some areas of our hotel. Next time you are in town I invite you to talk to our front office manager, tyler.chesson@hilton.com. At the DoubleTree by Hilton we strive to accommodate our guests in the best possible way.
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I, too, stayed for FSU Freshman Orientation. Arrival was quick, also got discount for FSU parent, free wi-fi & parking. (But had o call frot desk to remin them of thi a it ws on my bill anyway, they did promptly take care of this.)

Strike #1- had a connecting door which I could hear ALL going on in other room when returned for the evening, until 3AM!!! Got 3 hrs of sleep. I asked the front desk, the 2nd night, if same couple in that rm, not, so kept room, but, even w/ a quiet couple, just talking, you could hear all of their converstions, tv, shower, etc. I've never been in a hotel when this has been such an issue, to the point that I wouldnt return here. We travel a LOT. This is not the norm.

Strike 2- LOW garage, beware. When returned about 930 from Orientation, all parking on levels I could park full, had to park on the street, had to have car moved prior to 8am when meters begin.

Strike 3- Great toilettres, agree, but the bathroom wasnt cleaned well, the seams and under tub molding are nasty, aged. The toilettres and plush towels can deceive.

Not close enough to FSU campus to walk comfortably back and forth so I dont really see the advantage of being this close but giving up the amenities of other hotel which cost the same, are MUCH nicer and w/ a breakfast. Just my toughts....

Room Tip: No free internet or pking unless w/ promo w/ FSU
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
DoubletreeTLH, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Congratulations on the recent acceptance of your child to the University. On behalf of the DoubleTree by Hilton Tallahassee, we would like to apologize for all the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. At the DoubleTree by Hilton we strive to accommodate our guests in the best possible way and therefore we will be incorporating your comments to our renovations plans. Next time you are in town I invite you to reach me directly at tyler.chesson@hilton.com so that I may personally reserve a peaceful room for you and your family.
Davie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Doubletree Hotel in Tallahassee is a short car ride to/from the Florida State University campus. We stayed 2-nights at this hotel.
My sister and her daughter traveled with my husband and me to Tallahassee, for her daughter's freshman orientation program. The complementary toiletries were great! We all found our rooms to be clean and were spacious and comfortable. The front desk staff was efficient and friendly enough. The cookies were good, too. We used the business center's PC and enjoyed the free service. TIP: If you are going to FSU for the freshman/transfer student orientation program make sure when booking to tell the reservationist. You’ll save approximately $25.00 per night.

Room Tip: Join the Hilton Honors Club.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee? Share your experiences!