“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Okeechobee
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Was in Tallahassee for a 2 night stay. The Hampton Inn is usually my first choice in most cities and I was not disappointed with this one. The front desk staff were very friendly. I came in one night and jokingly said "I hope there's caffeine coffee." The young man said, if there isn't, we'll make some fresh. He then went in to the kitchen and brought out fresh chocolate chip cookies. The breakfast was good. The only problem I had was a large group of teens staying at the hotel created a longer wait time. Not anyone's fault. I think I'll ask next time if there are any large groups staying so I am prepared.

Room Tip: A tip for myself as well, the next time I book a room in a college town, I will ask if there are any...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Okeechobee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was originally put in a room next to the elevator. I requested a different room and was Accommodated. The pool was to cold to get into, not sure if it was supposed to be heated or not. My biggest complaint was the breakfast. At 8:00 am we went down to the lobby, and found very little food left. We got what we could. As we ate I only noticed one time that someone came out and filled the bacon up. what eggs that were left were rubbery and cold. The coffee was on station was set up on the other side of the lobby. I don't know. It just wasn't a good experience. Especially for what I paid. I like the Hampton. We always stay at these hotels, and this one stay will not change my choice.

Ocala, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here for Garnet/Gold spring game weekend. Reserved online in advance, check-in was a breeze. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfy. Breakfast had decent selection of meat each day, plus eggs, waffles, fruit, etc. Would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton-Inn-Central, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We here at the Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, want to say "Thank You" for your recent stay and comment, the staff here really appreciates it!

Our staff here at the Hampton Inn are doing whatever we can to make your stay pleasant and memorable. Clean rooms, good breakfast, great customer service is our main priority.

Thanks again, you mean a lot to us here at the Hampton Inn Central Tallahassee

Coral Gables, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The room was dark and the window was only looking to the parking lot. The hotel was behind a restaurant. The breakfast food was basically the same each day. The chocolate chip cookies that were available at night, were not home baked. The bananas were very ripe.....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hampton-Inn-Central, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to forward the constructive comments regarding your experience. I am sincerely sorry your impression during your stay fell so short of satisfaction. I'm surprised that you did not enjoy our chocolate chip cookies. They are standard Otis Spunkmeyer cookies and unfortunately can not be homemade but are usually a hit with our guest.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvement to ensure we offer a better experience for guest in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Sleeping was impossible, the Air Conditioning system was extremly loud. It was as tho we had a Generators motor inside the room all night. As someone who stays at all the Hilton facilities, this was a bit below Hilton standards.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered during your stay. Room renovations will be underway shortly and new A/C units will be installed. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future as we continue to try to improve and update our property.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for an overnight to break up a trip back home. Location is great, close to many restaurants. We ate at one within walking distance, a mediterranean steakhouse yummy! Hotel lobby was small but served its purpose. Our greeter was very friendly and helpful. Our room was nice and clean :-). I make several trips a year to Tallahassee and always stay at a Hilton brand and the above reasons are why! Now I can add this Hampton to that list. Can't deny that the smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies is very appealing ;-).

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. You are absolutely right about walking into the smell of freshly baked cookies...it is appealing!! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We have been staying at Hampton Inns during college tours throughout GA and FL. This one was the worst yet. The bedding was piled into the middle of each of the beds and there were no towels in the first room we were given. So, that tells me that room had not been touched. The beds were at least made in the second room but the bathroom was not clean. What we thought was a stain in the tub was actually dirt because it came off when my daughter showered. Need better cleaning services in the hotel. Makes me wonder if the sticky notes on the headboards about the duvets and sheets being clean is even true. The 'hot' breakfast was cold too. Hotel rooms at this location could use some updating, as well. Hoping our next hotel in Gainesville is nicer. This, so far, has been our worst experience. I usually like Hampton Inns but I don't know anymore. We will see with our next two stays - Gainsville & Orlando. Workout machines were decent, though.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hampton-Inn-Central, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us in Tallahassee. I am so disappointed to hear we have fallen short on delivering a clean room to you. I will be addressing your concerns with the staff immediately to prevent future occurences. I welcome you to call us directly to discuss your stay further at 850-309-1300. I certainly look forward to speaking with you and again offer my sincerest apologies. We wish you and yours safe travels and hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Sophia Wong

Been to Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central? Share your experiences!