“Very disappointing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol

You added Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1355 Apalachee Parkway, Tallahassee, FL 32301 (Formerly Ramada Plaza Tallahassee Capitol)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #42 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Homestead, Florida
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

When we arrived we had hope - lobby was reasonable and there was an Applebee's attached. We spent three nights here for a conference, and I would not return.

The rooms were dark and dingy. They were far from clean, and there were problems with theft while we were there (not us, but we locked everything up, every day). We were cold at night since there was only a sheet on the bed. When we went to the front desk to ask for blankets (there were none in the room), we were told they didn't have any, and that they were sold out so they couldn't take them from another room. I've worked in hotels before, and I have trouble believing they don't own spare blankets in their laundry room.

We stayed on the ground floor, and there were some VERY loud guests that would return at night and talk in the hallway until at least midnight. Not once did the front desk ask them to call it a night or leave the hall, and every time I had to walk out there in my PJs and ask them to take their conversations elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Venice, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stopped there on a bus tour to New Orleans...four busloads. It was bad. Looks like it has recently changed names. Our sink was stopped up, they could not fix, moved us to another room. The phone did not work nor some of the lights. Several people checked in to rooms only to find other people in them already. They offered free buffet breakfast but there was not enough food for all the people, ran out of coffee, no milk. The highlight is it is attached to an Applebees. The staff there were exceptionally nice. Too bad they arent open for breakfast.

Room Tip: Dont go there.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Reigate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Booked an unknown hotel through one of the major discounters and got an exceptional rate, found out it was a Holiday Inn and then read the most recent reviews and my heart sunk - whilst I wasn't looking for Tallahassee's finest, I equally didn't want a motel type establishment that I would have stayed at when I was in my 20's! What we got was almost the complete opposite to the reviews, our room was a Floridian (upgraded from a standard ie it had a fridge and nuker (both clean)). All staff we met were super nice and genuinely so, from reception, breakfast lady to housekeeping. Towels were not expensive big and fluffy, but not threadbare. Al pillowcases were on pillows. Yes you have to go down 8 stairs to the lift/elevator, but there's a mini lift that can be used for cases (and people). Room was big, bed comfortable and everything was clean. Yes the rooms would benefit from sprucing up, but, no discoloration or peeling paint. On the downside, you could hear other guests from time to time, and there was no breakfast or alternative on our first morning.

From what I can see, there's not much difference in price in the Apalachee Parkway area, and this Hotel is much better than the one we stayed in over the road at Christmas. If you just want a base to settle your offspring into FSU, visiting them or are in Tallahassee on business, then this will do nicely - if you want a hotel where you're going to spend time in, a 2.5/3 star hotel isn't for you anyway...

Room Tip: Getting a discounted room makes this hotel even more value for money
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
GM-HITallahassee, Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
It is wonderful to hear that you were so pleasantly surprised with your recent stay. We are so glad to see hear that our staff members were friendly and that you were so satisfied with the accommodations. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to serve you again soon.
Purvis, MS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I booked this hotel while it was still a Holiday Inn. I received a letter stating that it was no longer a hOliday Inn and that my rate would be honored. I checked for other hotels but there was no availability or the rooms were well out of my price range...I think there was a football game going on that weekend. I forgot my directions at home so I called and talked to 2 people, 1 who said she was the manager on duty (Devon)...neither one of them could give me directions from I-10. Once I finally found my own way there, I told Devon I wanted to pay with cash. she said OK and took my card as a guarantee which I understood. But upon check out I found out that she had charged my card and then the lady checking me out ran it again even tho I was standing there with cash in my hand! To get to my room on the 3rd floor I had to carry all my luggage downstairs and then thru 2 sets of doors before I could get to an elevator. ODD... The room was dingy, dark. Towels were thin and worn. Mattress was lumpy and not comfortable at all. The breakfast was ok but nothing to brag about. I was very happy to leave and continue on with my trip!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
My sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you faced during your stay in our hotel. It seems there must have been some miscommunications regarding payment for the room and to start your stay with a driving direction dilemma is certainly not enjoyable. Our goal is that every guest can leave with a positive and memorable experience, regrettably that is not the experience you had. Although our Hotel is not the most updated we do pride ourselves on being clean while providing enjoyable amenities. It is great to hear that you were satisfied with the breakfast and we do thank you for your business.
Murfeesboro
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

This was a disappointing stay. This facility was at one time an excellent facility, however they have chosen to leave the Holiday Inn brand and become independent. The drop off was obvious. I was in a room with two double beds. Each bed had four pillows. On one bed none of the pillows had pillow covers, and the pillows that did have covers the covers were ripped and yellow. All of the bed linens were yellow and worn. The towels in the bathroom had holes and were very worn. The free breakfast that was promised was extremely limited. I was told they were "out of food". The staff was helpful but only when asked.
The meeting room I used was clean and set up correctly. Overall this facility appeared to have lowered the standards that would be required by Holiday Inn since electing to become independent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel. We have become independent but that does not take away from the quality of service or amenities we aim to provide. We take these comments very seriously and will be looking into the quality of towels and bed linens we are providing in each room as well as the concern regarding the breakfast. We appreciate your feedback and thank you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was forced to stay at this hotel for work purposes. The staff and management are extremely cordial and helpful. That was one of the only positives to this hotel. The entire hotel is extremely outdated. You will not get any bonus points beacause the hotel (more like a motel) is no longer a Holiday Inn.The keys stop working every few days (I had them nowhere near any electronic devices) for no apparent reason. You have to take your luggage down 5 or more stairs to get to the elevator, which was very odd. My room consistently had luke warm water while the weather was 36 degrees outside! There are no washers or dryers, so I hope you don't have any type of clothing mishaps. The beds are hard and uncomfortable. The toilet looks as though it will overflow at anytime during flushing. It is attached to an applebees which was convenient. Also, there are many food choices, walgreens, cvs, and mall within a one mile radius. The breakfast was very good as well as the kitchen staff's hospitality. The staff give you the treatment you would expect from the large expensive hotel chains. Overall, If I had to use my own money to book this hotel I would decline.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed many things about your stay including the hospitality of our staff as well as the location and proximity of our Hotel to convenient stores and restaurants. Never the less, it is disheartening to hear your comments regarding the level of updates our Hotel has as well as the inconvenient key problem and shower water temperature. We take these reviews seriously and will be looking into these matters in order to resolve them in a way which will be to the satisfaction of our guests. We hope that you will give us a chance to serve you again so that we can live up to the standard we stand behind.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This hotel isn't bad, but it is by no means the best Holiday Inn I've stayed in. I travel about 2 weeks per month, and while this hotel isn't terrible, the dusty smell in the rooms is definitely noticeable. There is no fitness center to speak of, but there are decent restaurants nearby. If you're going for a football game, I would vote staying somewhere else, but if your'e in to visit Tallahassee for work or to see family, this is a good location at a reasonable price.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GM-HITallahassee, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
We appreciate the courteous feedback about our hotel. As it is our commitment to offer excellent service to all our customers, we always keep in mind every matter that concerns you. Consider that all your concerns regarding the ambiance of our rooms and facility will be noted respectively. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Been to Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol? Share your experiences!