“Beware of this Hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Tallahassee Capitol

You added Ramada Plaza Tallahassee Capitol to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Tallahassee Capitol
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1355 Apalachee Parkway, Tallahassee, FL 32301 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #44 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Hebburn, United Kingdom
“Beware of this Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

On July 29th 2013 we had the misfortune of staying 1 night in this hotel on the way down to Orlando, the rooms are basic, The rooms(2) were paid for in advance by our travel agent, but despite this there was a bill for $00.00 put through my door ?? ok,
in the morning as we were leaving the receptionest said there is a problem with my American Express card ?? as I don't own one, I told her so then she said "well how you pay" I explained that the rooms (2) were paid for in advance by the travel agent, she could not understand what a travel agent was and as I don't speak Spanish she finally said "ok I fixit"
not thinking that when we booked in she took a copy of my Barclay card, After we left,she charged my card/me for one room for one night, which I didn't find out untill after the holiday and I was back home in the UK, I am STILL waiting to get a refund from them and it's now October, I have been in touch with the travel agent and they are doing what they can,I have contacted Holiday Inn's, so far nothing. I got NO recipt for the credit card bill, so Barclays are limited as to what they can do,
So in the mean time these thieves are getting away with it. So if you have the misfortune to stay there make doubely sure you have EVERYTHING when you leave.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HICapitolCenter, Manager at Ramada Plaza Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Billy D,
We appreciate responsible feedback from our guests. It seems your overall stay with us was good while in Tallahassee.
This billing situation was unfortunate however the hotel was not able to get an authorization on the TA credit card provided. We have recently obtained the authorization needed and credited your card. Like all business we require payment at the time of service. With the many channels available to book reservations sometimes things don't work as expected.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at this location for 3 nights while moving my son into college. I liked the location on Apalachee Parkway, finding it to be an easy ride to FSU. The hotel was at high capacity at this time which may have contributed to our problematic stay. Examples: Our phone cord would not stay in the base of the phone making it useless. We requested a roll-away when making our reservation and every morning and evening of our stay but one never became available. Resorting to a bedroll on the floor, we had trouble getting the extra bedding and pillows from housekeeping. Every time we returned to the hotel, our key cards did not work and we had to go to the front desk and have them replaced. The room itself was adequate but dated and some trash was missed by the maid from the prior occupants (such as an open lotion bottle behind the wastebasket ).
On the positive side, I was carrying an awkward cardboard box to my room and a helpful employee insisted on carrying it upstairs for me. The breakfast room and front desk staff were courteous and apologetic when we reported our difficulties although ineffective in resolving them. The complimentary breakfast was appreciated and offered a nice combination of hot and cold selections.
Two other general points - the hotel is set up awkwardly with a set of stairs heading down a flight where the main elevator is located. There is a service type elevator to take you down those steps, but the whole arrangement is not optimal. We had a family member recovering from a leg injury so it was more noticeable how difficult it was to have to climb stairs or use the dual elevator system. The second point was the limited parking. There was literally no available parking spots each time we arrived back at the hotel. Fortunately for us, we had a temporary handicap sticker so were able to park in a handicap spot, but otherwise I am not sure where we would have ended up. The first night, before an available handicap spot opened up, the desk clerk was running around outside trying to find us a parking space.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear MAbelini,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We are glad you found our location convenient. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. It is regrettable we let you down on some aspects of your stay. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We called ahead to let someone know that we would be arriving late. The girls at the desk were very nice, however our room was not clean (dirt swipe even on the adjoining door) and the sheets were thinner than tissue. I didn't expect a Sarasota Lakewood or Hyatt experience, but I did expect the room to be cleaner with suitable bed linens. This hotel needs a serious upgrade or least some linen and carpeting replacement and new paint. I wouldn't stay here again unless I had too!

Room Tip: If you are going to be arriving late, always call the hotel to let them know in advance to ensure th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HICapitolCenter, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Ellen T.,

I am deeply sorry to hear that your experience with us was less than satisfactory. We appreciate all reviews that come in whether they are positive or negative because they allow us to better understand our customer’s experiences. I am pleased to hear that the front desks hospitality was adequate and attentive to your needs. I hope you allow us to make it up to you next time you find yourself in Tallahassee.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

my boyfriend and i were making a road trip down to south florida from the midwest, we had driven for 16 hours since our last stop and decided that we couldnt make it through the night worst decsion ever to get off in tallahassee. It was 4 am so all the nice hotels off the interstate were closed for the night, we drove down a little further and saw a holiday inn, i looked it up on my phone and it said it had been updated we were sleep deprived, we checked in to the nice downstairs area only to find that the rest of the hotel was stinky old and gross. we open the door to see a disgusting non updated room with and old tv hair on the carpet hair in the blowdryer and i mean a lot of hair. then i started having a panic attack about out dirty room and decided to pull back the blanket to see if it was clean only to find it soiled with hair oil body oil and stains you dont want to know what from and to top it off a pubic hair. yes we turned around ran out the door and tried to get our money back 10 minutes after checkin and the nice guy at at the front did not know how so we left and had to sleep in our car at a rest stop until morning. this was the most miserable and grossest experience ive ever had so from now on i ask to see the room before i checkin anywhere that ive havent stayed before, especially in the dirty state of florida becareful where you book the world has really gone down hill in the last 10 to 15 years now everything is filthy and ghetto not like it use to be or should be. im very disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012
HICapitolCenter, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Please note this person claims to have stayed here 8 months ago? Also, consider the dramatic remarks including the state of Florida and research their reviews left for other business.

Most business appreciate honest feedback which allows them to understand their customers experience. We take our guest experience very seriously and try to ensure everyone is happy while staying with us.
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I recently had a family reunion at this Holiday Inn. My stay was wonderful. Awesome customer service, housekeeping was spot on, and everything went smoothly. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is planning in the area. For an older model I was caught by utter surprise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear brooklywinter,

I am pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay during your reunion! Our housekeeping staff, front desk, as well as our banquet staff goes above and beyond to make sure your needs are met during your stay with us. Thank you for such a positive review.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My recent stay at the Holiday Inn Capitol East was very relaxing and convenient to our family reunion venue. Grant it is an older hotel but the overall experience and great customer service made up for it. We will definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear CreekBoy2013,

Thank you for your positive review! Our staff prides themselves on the hospitality that they give to the guests and will be pleased to hear that you were more than satisfied with your stay. We are looking forward to seeing you whenever you’re in the Tallahassee area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

My overall stay was great, the employees were very professional and prompt with all wants and needs, I will definately stay again. Great job, I give two thumbs up to the staff and also the front desk staff.

• Stayed July 2013
HICapitolCenter, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear YDByrd,

Thank you for such a positive review! Our staff goes above and beyond to make sure that guests are beyond satisfied upon departure of our hotel. They really pride themselves on their hospitality and will be thrilled to hear that you appreciated it. We can’t wait to see you next time you are in Tallahassee!

Holiday Inn Capitol Center, Tallahassee, Florida

Been to Ramada Plaza Tallahassee Capitol? Share your experiences!