“Great bargain for traveling with pets” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Tallahassee North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2905 North Monroe, Tallahassee, FL 32303   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #38 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Melbourne, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stayed here 4 nights because of the location of my husband's work and the good price for also having breakfast but we were not satisfied with the property.

When we arrived there was a dead roach behind the bathroom door and not until the first morning did we notice dog hairs on the comforter when my husband put his dress pants on the bed. I called the front desk and they quickly gave us a clean blanket.

They also helped us print copies from our jump drive at no cost so that was very helpful. Upgraded King room but no microwave or refrigerator.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

If they improved anything, they would had to raise the price. I love that dogs are allowed, and we were placed near other dog owners. I just wish they were closer to F.S.U. Towels are nice, as are beds and fast free internet. No complaints. We'll be back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I understand, and even like the fact that La Quinta accepts pets. We have taken our cat with us when we were moving from Maryland to Florida. BUT our cat was either in a crate (with her litter pan, and food and water and bed) OR we were in the room with her. The room we had at this location last week obviously had a dog or dogs in it that had been left in the bathroom and were very unhappy about it - as they ate their way out! The entire bottom 1/8-1/4 of the bathroom door had been eaten and was GONE! If I had had a young child with me they could have crawled right through it! WHEN that amount of damage is done it should be replaced IMMEDIATELY !! following quests should NOT have to be subjected to it! The entire hotel was in VERY poor repair, I would never go back to this location again! Finding it off of the highway was difficult and parking was terrible!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Big Sandy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We chose this hotel due to its close proximity to I-10, along with the reasonable price advertised on hotels.com. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised, due to the fact that the room was nice, comfortable and clean. The bathroom shower had good water pressure as well. I also liked that there was a HDTV in the room with a decent channel selection. The front desk has a list of local restaurants as well as a hotel/room layout map for your convenience. Several places in the area deliver to your room - an added bonus when you're tired from traveling and want to just kick back and relax upon arrival. Due to the hotel's layout, it can be a bit tricky finding your room, especially after dark. The hotel property and parking lot are built on a hill, so good luck finding a good parking space if you get there later in the evening. We got there around 8 pm and the only available parking spaces were on a pretty steep incline, making exiting and entering the vehicle, not to mention luggage carry to and from the room a rather daunting task. Aside from that, my only minor complaint would have to be the continental breakfast or pretty much the lack thereof. It's not that I was expecting all that much to choose from, however, they were out of all the basic items, such as plastic utensils, Styrofoam plates, condiments, etc. I had to make do with a toasted, prepackaged bagel with cream cheese, a box of dry cereal (they were out of milk too) and a cup of coffee. Even the orange juice dispenser was out of order - which is unacceptable, especially in the capital city of Florida. I wouldn't have bothered to mention this in my review - and sound so nit picky - had it not been for the fact that the breakfast room attendants didn't seem to be the least bit attentive or concerned that hotel guests were having to make do without... and this was just shortly after 7 am on a Saturday morning. Oh well... not to worry. Upon departure, my family and I happened to find a Waffle House just North of the interstate on the same (3210 N Monroe) street, and enjoyed a complete, delicious breakfast along with some much-appreciated, good quality customer service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Let's be real - it's $50 something a night. What can you really expect? Not much. I give it two stars. One for the fact that it's a 1 star motel, so that qualifies for something, and the second star for the staff. The staff is really great. Aside from the fact they tried to put me in a room that already had some poor soul trying to rest, but that got worked out.

The lobby smells like poverty. And if you've ever lived in poverty, or known someone who lived in poverty, you know what that smell is like. And you also know that you don't want to be remembered of it again.

First, the beds are horribly uncomfortable. I think exhaustion overtook me probably around 4 AM at which point my body gave up hope of ever trying to get any sort of comfortable sleep. When my alarm on my phone went off this morning (the outlet for the room alarm clock was so worn out that it wouldn't even work) I probably would have run out of there like the people in Silent Hill did when the gates opened and they were set free. The bed felt like a piece of plywood mounted to 4 springs. The pillows were equally as uncomfortable. You would be better off going to Walmart and buying a couple rolls of Bounty to lay your head on. Again, for $50 something a night, you can't expect much.

So far, my feet don't appear to be growing any fungi or bacteria yet - but I have my dr on speed dial for a round of antibiotics just in case - so I guess the room was actually cleaner than what it appears (mold and mildew growing in the corners of the bathroom). And generally, if it doesn't appear clean, it's probably a lot worse than you imagined. Again, for $50 something a night, you can't expect much.

I would honestly rather sleep in my car and pay $10 to shower at a truck stop than stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Tallahassee North? Share your experiences!