“Solid experience but wish it improved the details...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle

You added Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle to your Saves list
Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1880 Raymond Diehl Road, Tallahassee, FL 32308   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
4th of July Savings!
Ranked #15 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Des Moines, Iowa
“Solid experience but wish it improved the details...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We recently stayed here for 3 days and had a good experience. I enjoy the size of the rooms and the extras that come with the room -- small kitchen, workspace, living room area, etc. The location of the hotel is great for Florida State University related events. The housekeeping staff was very good and provided extra towels and help loading the dishwasher. Overall the room was good but had problems with small details...stains on the carpet and the bathroom door, a shower head that sounded like a tea kettle. And for rooms facing the parking lot, be ready for them to collect the garbage loudly very late at night. But for the area, this property has worked well for us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RIManager96, General Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
JLlowa

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your 3 day travels to Tallahassee. I’m happy that you were able to relax and enjoyed the extra amenities that came with your room. We look forward to seeing you during one of the Florida State Football Games! Go Noles! We always look forward to hearing where we can improve in our hotel. I have addressed the small details issues with our housekeeping and maintenance departments. My apologies in regards to the garbage pick up late at night; normally our pick up time is during the mornings. Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review.

Christopher Flanders- General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at the Residence Inn Tallahassee during Spring Break of 2013 after returning from our cruise. This hotel was the mid way point from Miami to our home and we thought it would be a good idea to stop there before continuing home. This hotel was perfect for my family. The rooms were clean and spacious. This hotel had an indoor pool and a patio area that included a fire pit. The location was perfect. Right off of I10 and very convenient to many eating establishments. If we drive to Florida for our next cruise this hotel will be on the top of our list.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RIManager96, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Greetings QueenPooh, Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I know after the long drive from Miami it was comforting to find that you could check in and relax and enjoy our amenities. As you pointed out we are a great mid way point between Miami and Houston. We are also a good stopping point for people heading to Disney. Our location off of I-10 and also right next to an Outback has been a great stop for many weary travelers. We look forward to your next cruise and your stop at The Residence Inn by Marriott Tallahassee North.
Thank you again for your kind words.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I will be staying here for 2 months for my husband's job. We have 2 teens and a dog. I was going to the laundry on the second floor and ahousekeeper saw my son struggling with 2 baskets. I have a bad back and could not lift. She asked to help then took the heaviest basket and carried it to the laundry room on the second floor. Later she saw me heading back to change the laundry and she offered to carry it back to my room. I was just switching from washer to dryer but I really appreciated the offer. Engineering, front desk, and food service staff are very friendly and inqire if everything is ok often. They are super friendly too. My kids love in indoor pool and whirlpool. There is a nice BBQ grill for guest use and a gas firepit.

• Stayed March 2013
RIManager96, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear HSMOMNDAD,

The staff at Residence Inn would like to thank you for taking time out or your busy schedule to send such a nice letter. We know that moving, especially, with two teens and a dog is hard on everyone. Relocation takes its toll and our goal is to make this your Residence. How proud I am that our staff is not only friendly but caring as well. I hope during your stay that you will take full advantage of our gas grill and enjoy our outside experience with fire pit. The weather is lovely in Tallahassee and while the evenings may still be a little chilly our fire pit will warm you but even better our indoor heated pool and spa makes the long day disappear. Thank you again for letting our staff know that they are appreciated.
Gigi Cassedy Assistant General Manager
Fort Myers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The staff was so kind and hospitable! The room was very clean along with the rest of the hotel. The hotel is perfectly placed in a location where its easy to get anywhere. I highly reccomend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013
RIManager96, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Katcourt:

Thank you for taking your personal time to post such a nice review about our staff and hotel. I have been here for three plus years along with Christopher Flanders the General Manager. During our tenor we have strived to make our team the best that Marriott has, especially since we are not a full service hotel but we believe in Marriott standards and we treat our guest like what we consider them to be which is family. Our hotel is in a fantastic location with the Outback next to us and our sister property The Courtyard just steps away, they have Starbucks coffee, and there is no need to drive to enjoy additional amenities outside of the hotel.
We really appreciate the kind words and look forward to your next stay
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I recently stayed at this property, in a 2 bedroom suite, and I was pleased with the cleanliness and decor. What really impressed me however was the warm welcome from Gwen at the front desk and the way that Adam accommodated a necessary room change. The only drawback to the property is some rooms face I-10 and are very noisy. They were very kind and moved us to a quieter room for our second night. Overall it's one of the nicest locations I've stayed recently.

Room Tip: choose a room away from I-10
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RIManager96, General Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Marsha D

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I'm so happy you were pleased with the cleanliness of our property. Our housekeepers take great pride in making sure we live up to the Marriott cleanliness standards. I'm glad our team was able to accommodate you by moving you to a quieter room your second night. As always our team loves the feed back our guests provide in ways to make our hotel better. I know Gwen and Adam would love to hear that their names were mention in a trip advisor review. Thanks again for staying with us; we look forward to your next visit.

Christopher J Flanders - General Manager
Christopher.Flanders@marriott.com
Yankeetown, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

First the staff, all were most pleasant and went the extra mile. Gwen, at reception was a wonderful front person for you to meet upon coming into the hotel. Rooms were clean and well stocked. The first room backed up to I-10, so the noise level was too much for us.They kindly moved all our stuff to another in a different location with in the hotel, Perfect.

Room Tip: request a room not backing up to I-10
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Barbara E

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Gwen and staff enjoyed hearing the great feed back about your check in process and experience with our hotel. I'm so happy we were able to accommodate you by moving you away from I-10. Thanks again for staying with us, our team looks forward to your next visit with us.

Christopher J Flanders~ General Manager
Christopher.Flanders@marriott.com
Tallahassee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of hotels in the past couple of years but I would say I will never stay in this hotel again. I recently transferred to Tallahassee and my wife came to see me we got a room at the residence inn, after checking in and going to the room my wife walked into the bathroom to find a very large cockroach and ants all over. I know all about Florida bugs but are you kidding me! If we could have I would have paid the extra money to stay down the street.
My advice pay a little more and stay a couple of block away!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RIManager96, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Davem4625;
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to apologize for the problem that you experienced with your room while staying here. We strive on a daily bases to exceed all Marriott standards of cleanliness and I am sorry that this oversight on our part lead to an uncomfortable stay for you. We have and inspection and treatment contract with Ecolab and we have reported this incident to them. I hope that you will view this as an isolated incident and condinue to use and recommend Marriott Hotels.
Assistant General Manager

Been to Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle? Share your experiences!