“GREAT Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Land O Lakes, Florida
“GREAT Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have now had the privilege of staying in the Hotel Duval on two separate occasions. Each time I was impressed by the way every hotel employee greeted me and was constantly inquiring about my satisfaction and if there was anything else they could do for me. From dropping off my car, to Chris at registration and to everyone else I encountered – the courtesy shown was overwhelming. And it wasn’t just when they initially spoke with me. Within minutes of arriving in my room I received a call asking if everything was alright. Within minutes of my room service breakfast being delivered I received a call checking that everything was to my liking.

I expect to come to Tallahassee on business from 6-12 times per year. My grandson is considering attending FSU. I can assure you that every trip will include a stay at the Hotel Duval.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JamesPRoberts, Manager at Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Fred T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review about your recent stay. Your comments definitely help validate the effort we put in to provide a perfect experience for every guest.

Hopefully your grandson decides to become a Nole! Not sure where else he is considering, but I could not imagine going anywhere else in the state of Florida. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Destin, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was a very memorable trip. Purely an indulgent getaway. It was outstanding. The staff was extremely professional and VERY hospitable. Room was spotless. Valet guys were always running with a sense of urgency. Navitaging to and determining the entrance of the Hotel was the only trouble we have....lot's of One-Way streets. Make sure to try the Shula's Steakhouse while you are here. It was EXCELLENT too!

Room Tip: Each level has it's own color scheme. Level 4 is Red.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
JamesPRoberts, Manager at Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear John L,

Thank you so much for such a kind review. To your point, the one way streets around here can be a bit troublesome at times, especially if you are not familiar with the area. I actually moved over here from Destin back in October of 2011, and it took me a little bit to understand all of them.

We are glad to hear that you had a fantastic stay. Hopefully we'll see you again when you decide to getaway from the coast!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This may be the first time that I've done a review while STILL at the hotel. This hotel ranks in my top 3. It's keeping company with the Ritz Carlton Seoul and the Halekulani on Waikiki Beach. Yes, it's THAT good. The service is impeccible. It's upscale, warm, inviting and I wish there were one in every city where I travel.

Unique modern rooms. Fabulous showers. A touch screen computer in my room. Yes, you read that correctly. And I haven't even been to the rooftop bar yet!!

LOVE

Did I mention the service? The staff is top notch. Well done folks.

• Stayed April 2013
JamesPRoberts, Manager at Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear scdriscoll,

Thank you so much for such for the kind and flattering comments. The two hotels that you are comparing us to are quite prestigious, so again, thank you.

I highly suggest that you pay a visit to Level 8. If you have been impressed to this point, it will definitely continue once you go to the rooftop.

Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stumbled onto this hotel entirely by accident--didn't even know about it until I had trouble finding a room during the opening week of the legislative session. What a pleasant surprise! Awesome room and amenities, Starbucks in the lobby, high quality steakhouse on the ground floor--what's not to like? The staff was friendly, amusing and entertaining at every contact. Yes, it's a bit on the expensive side, but well worth it. It's even within walking distance of the capitol.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JamesPRoberts, Manager at Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Jennifer C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. From reading your review, it appears that you had a great time experiencing almost all that we have to offer. I didn't see any mention of Level 8, our rooftop bar and lounge. Should your travels bring you back to Tallahassee I highly suggest paying it a visit.

Until next time,

Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

One of the new boutique hotels popping up all over the place, but not so much in Tallahassee, Hotel Duval is conveniently located for those doing business at the Capitol complex. Built many years ago, they have done a good job renovating it, but the narrow, small windows at head height are funky. Even more bizarre is the way they renovated the bathrooms, opening them up to the room, with minimal privacy via frosted sliding glass doors. This is not for everyone. They have a great rooftop bar with outside couches and cushioned chaises that has one of the best sunset views of any building in the south.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lounim,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Trust me when I say this, but we all appreciate your attention to detail. We were not able to completely change the "footprint" of the rooms, so we tried to make them as open and spacious as possible, while keeping the design element consistent with the rest of the renovation.

I could not agree more with your comment about our views of the sunset - they are pretty spectacular, and this is coming from someone that grew up on the gulf coast. Hopefully we will be seeing you again soon.

Hotel Duval
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Beautiful hotel and excellent service. Also has a wonderful steakhouse Shulas and nightclub.
If you are looking for first class service stay here! It is located in downtown Tallahassee. A great place for a special occasion.

• Stayed January 2013
JamesPRoberts, Manager at Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear simondellen,

Thank you so much for your kind words and declaration that we are the best in Tallahassee. We continue to work extremely hard to keep that designation, and we are happy to hear that we delivered during your stay.

Hopefully we will be seeing you again soon.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Not being that familiar with the town of Tallahassee, we were first intrigued by the looks of the roof top bar. You can't miss it, right off Tennessee St, especially at night. Having stayed at a few other properties, we thought it was time to try this one. So, we would like to share out experience.
We were greeted professionally, and yet very friendly as well. Checking in was exactly the same, happy to have us as guests. Our room had a fantastic view over looking the city. It was modern, yet comfortable. Loved the shower.. rain head and a stone floor that feels great on your feet by the way. The staff downstairs at the cafe were extremely friendly as well. We were fortunate to be there for the spring parade and we had the best seats in the house. Not much of a parade person, or I thought but they really went all out! If you are at all familiar with the Shula's line, they have Shula's 347 right inside the hotel, huge plus, always guaranteed a great experience! And, last for the roof top bar, great music, best view in town and once again met with great service and personalities. Our son goes to college at FSU so we are sure we are going to be back now several times over the few years and... staying at our new favorite place!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bill T,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and an even bigger thank you for finally choosing to stay with us. Your review is very thorough and thoughtful, and is greatly appreciated.

We are happy to hear that you have a Seminole in the family, and we look forward to seeing you on a regular basis over the next few years and beyond.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!