“Bland” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout
zphyrhllsa21
“Bland”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I tried this restaurant with a friend today and was very disappointed. The establishment was clean and nicely decorated, but the food was very bland. I ordered the arepa de pollo and it had no taste whatsoever. I put some of the salsa that was brought to the table on it and it barely helped. I also ordered an empananda that was just alright, but again lacking any real flavor. My friend ordered the stuffed fried potato and didn't enjoy her food much either. Not sure if we just ordered the wrong items off of the menu, but I will not be going back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Boynton Beach, Florida
“Best late night food in Tallahassee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This place is a real hidden gem in Tallahassee, but well worth the trip. The hot dogs are legendary, and if you are on your way home from one of Tallahassee's many drinking establishments, they really hit the spot.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tallahassee, Florida
“Cold food and food poisoning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

My husband and I decided to try the hot dogs at Super Perros recently, a decision that we both regretted almost immediately. Our food was stone-cold, other than the fries, and neither of us could take more than a few bites. When we pointed this out to the waiter, he offered to put it in the microwave, which is not how a restaurant is supposed to reheat food. No managers were available when we were there, so we could not even discuss our experience. What a waste of money. Not even an hour after leaving, both my husband and I experienced terrible stomach pain and nausea, and were forced to cancel all of our plans for the rest of the day. It was a horrible experience and we will never go back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tallahassee
“Best burger in Tallahassee with Columbian flair.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I always come to Super Perros for their burger. I have managed to try several of their appetizers (which by-the-way are fantastic), but I have never tried a different entree. They are just that good. The great atmosphere and low beer prices keep me coming back with friends. Word to the wise: The service is SLOW! So order a beer or two, and bring good company because its worth the wait.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tallahassee, Florida
“A hidden gem that's not well known!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012 via mobile

You can't go wrong with Super Perros! We try to make it there for lunch every 10 days or so. I just love the beef dish I've been getting so I haven't strayed from it, but my friends try other menu items and love them. You also cannot beat their tres leches cake. It's so delicious. I was sure glad to find a good tres leches here in town. It is truly just around the corner from Mission San Luis, a really cool place to visit for those of you out-of-towners visiting Tallahassee.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere