“Nice, Clean Property, Good Staff.” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #21 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Macon, Georgia
“Nice, Clean Property, Good Staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

After a 10 hour drive with my journey only being halfway completed, I booked a room via Priceline and was sent to this property. I was surprised by how clean it was for a older Marriott Property. My room was very large in size and the bed was to die for. The lady that checked me in at 2 in the morning was very nice.

My only issues was it not having an elevator. It was fine for me but I could see it being a issue for older travelers. Also it you are just looking for a property right off of the interstate this is NOT your property. It is located approximately 10 miles off of I-10. All in all a great little stop to rest your head and continue your travels.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Boca Raton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

Fairly typical Courtyard Marriott. Perhaps a little larger. For travel relating to FSU or downtown business the location is very good. Hotel is slightly older but very well maintained in a nice area that you can walk in the AM. Room was typical, probably not enough counter bathroom space, we had a small refigerator. Nice Coourtyard pool area. We had a decent rate for a football weekend. Usually all the hotels in Tallahassee gouge you on football weekends. Downsides?? One elevator way in the back of the hotel. Very inconvenient - so if you are going to be in need of an elevator best to ask for a room on the 1st floor closer to the lobby. I would like to see a better selection for breakfast to make it more affordable, like an inexpensive small breakfast and better snack offerings throughout the day. Free lobby computer internet was slow.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Daytona Beach Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

Located just 'down the hill' from the state capitol building,on Alaphaee Parkway, the COURT YARD is CLEAN, SAFE AND EASY TO NAVIGATE.The hallways are well lit. The rooms are clean, and well appointed. The desk/ working area , and movable table were suffiecient for meetings and lots of paper work! The small fridge, and micro wave were handy for drinks and snacks. There is a PUBLIX supermarket, WINN DIXIE and FRESH FOODs markets within a three block radius. There are plenty of opportunities for shopping. The local area has THE GOVERNERS MALL< MARSHALLS< ROSS< MICHAELS< MENS WEARHOUSE<
all within a few blocks of the hotel location. MOVIES are across from the MARSHALLS shopping center. ALSO< "fast food'...WENDYS, McDONALDS, Chick FIL A, BOStON MARKET,WHATABUrGEr, all within a 5minute area from hotel. TARGET< STAPLES AND WAL MART are close by.
Local 'flavor' close to the hotel,BARNABYS FAMILY RESTURANT($)<MING TREE($), MARIE LIVINGSTONS STEAK HOUSE($$$)...For a 'college' town biggest disappointment...NO DUNKIN DONUTS!!! I missed my drive through coffee treat! For my coffee 'fix', I survived with STAR BUCKS located in the TARGET store!
The hotel offered a "for fee" breakfast.
The pool area is clean, calm and had lots of towels.
The parking lot is well lit. Easy access in and out. The perimeter doors are all 'card access' only. All doors are well lit. The elevators are swift! and clean.
The staff were courtious, friendly and, very professional. The assistant manager,(I did not meet the manager) was extremely kind and professional. He runs a great property.
If I were to return to the area I would not hesitate to stay at this property.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Madison, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

Getting here from the airport and to Florida A&M (where I was working that weekend) was pretty easy on main roads. Check in was efficient, but not particularly welcoming or friendly. The building seems a little dated, but rooms were more up to date (except for the ancient and beat up looking sofa bed in my room) and actually quite comfortable. Internet was slow, but available throughout my stay. My understanding was that breakfast was for a fee so I skipped it all together. I arrived around noon and had hoped to spend my free afternoon by the pool. Unfortunately, it was closed until past 3pm for cleaning. I did take a dip in the indoor spa (well, sort of indoor, it has a wall of screens so you get the breeze without the bugs and plant life), which was only hitting about 100 degrees on the thermometer and inoperable jets at the time.

Overall, not a bad stay, fine for business and a quick couple of nights. No big complaints, but nothing remarkable either.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

I stay at this hotel 3 or 4 times a year. It's just fine and just what I expect from Courtyard. What it really has going for it -- if you have business to conduct with the State of Florida -- is its convenient location to the Florida Capitol. Typical Courtyard and pretty much what I expect.

Pros: less than 1 mile from the Florida Capitol (can usually be there in less than 5 minutes). Rooms are always clean. Not a horrible location regarding typical business services (lots of food nearby). They keep the beer very cold. Coffee is good. Good, consistent internet connection through the hotel. The staff has always seemed very polite and have never had a problem with reservations, checkin, etc.

Cons: Not terribly well located if you're in Tallahassee for anything other than business at The Capitol. Always a few dollars more than similar hotels, especially when the Legislature is in session. It's a Courtyard, so it's really not oriented towards non-business travelers (which is fine by me, but could be an issue with others).

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

Front desk and housekeeping were both excellent. Regarding housekeeping, my hotel room was spotless. I stayed for three nights, and housekeeping did a perfect job each day.

I was pleasantly surprised that my hotel room included a small refrigerator even though my room was not one of their suite rooms.

The fitness room was very clean and inviting, with the treadmills and elliptical machines each having their own TV attached. So you may want to bring a headset so you can also listen to the TV.

The free coffee and hot tea in the lounge tasted great and were always available 24-hours a day.

This was my first trip to Tallahassee, and I had no problems finding the hotel.

Regarding value, I got more than my money's worth since I booked via Priceline's "Name Your Own Price," which was a bargain at $50+ a night.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

When we got up to our room there was a terrible stench. Almost as if a pet possibly peed in that room. Not a good start. Went down to the front desk and asked for a room change. Guy on night duty not happy about that. Got a different room. Everything was fine until I peeled back the covers on the bed. There was something dark underneath the mattress sheet. So, naturally, I lifted it up and was beside myselff when I saw what I was about to sleep on. The dark spot underneath was a piece of dark thread (nothing) but what was on that matress pad was absolutely appalling. It clearly hadnt been changed in months! There were inappropriate hairs all over the matress pad as well as stains. Absolutely disgusting! How could I knowingly sleep on top of that. We go back down, explain to the desk clerk and he was not happy with us at all. Was very rude and I think he just thought we were being picky. If it had not been so late at night, trust me, I would have left right away. So we get our third room. The bed was actually clean (surprise...how it should be) however, there was a smashed cookie in the carpet, sticky soda on the night table and enough dust in there to cause an ashma attack. After the funny noise in the air conditioner we opened it and found the most filthy filter ever! I was absolutely disgusted, I actually cried out of the sheer discomfort I had for being in that room. I couldnt wait to leave.

I am not some crazy person, this was really that bad. I am not even one to post a remark or review for anything and I do stay in a lot of hotels. This has been on my to do list for quite some time, because I did not want to forget to make sure that I notify other potential travelers to this area about this disgusting hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Capital? Share your experiences!