“CLEAN, SAFE, EXCELLENT STAFF” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #21 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Daytona Beach Florida
“CLEAN, SAFE, EXCELLENT STAFF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

Located just 'down the hill' from the state capitol building,on Alaphaee Parkway, the COURT YARD is CLEAN, SAFE AND EASY TO NAVIGATE.The hallways are well lit. The rooms are clean, and well appointed. The desk/ working area , and movable table were suffiecient for meetings and lots of paper work! The small fridge, and micro wave were handy for drinks and snacks. There is a PUBLIX supermarket, WINN DIXIE and FRESH FOODs markets within a three block radius. There are plenty of opportunities for shopping. The local area has THE GOVERNERS MALL< MARSHALLS< ROSS< MICHAELS< MENS WEARHOUSE<
all within a few blocks of the hotel location. MOVIES are across from the MARSHALLS shopping center. ALSO< "fast food'...WENDYS, McDONALDS, Chick FIL A, BOStON MARKET,WHATABUrGEr, all within a 5minute area from hotel. TARGET< STAPLES AND WAL MART are close by.
Local 'flavor' close to the hotel,BARNABYS FAMILY RESTURANT($)<MING TREE($), MARIE LIVINGSTONS STEAK HOUSE($$$)...For a 'college' town biggest disappointment...NO DUNKIN DONUTS!!! I missed my drive through coffee treat! For my coffee 'fix', I survived with STAR BUCKS located in the TARGET store!
The hotel offered a "for fee" breakfast.
The pool area is clean, calm and had lots of towels.
The parking lot is well lit. Easy access in and out. The perimeter doors are all 'card access' only. All doors are well lit. The elevators are swift! and clean.
The staff were courtious, friendly and, very professional. The assistant manager,(I did not meet the manager) was extremely kind and professional. He runs a great property.
If I were to return to the area I would not hesitate to stay at this property.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Madison, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

Getting here from the airport and to Florida A&M (where I was working that weekend) was pretty easy on main roads. Check in was efficient, but not particularly welcoming or friendly. The building seems a little dated, but rooms were more up to date (except for the ancient and beat up looking sofa bed in my room) and actually quite comfortable. Internet was slow, but available throughout my stay. My understanding was that breakfast was for a fee so I skipped it all together. I arrived around noon and had hoped to spend my free afternoon by the pool. Unfortunately, it was closed until past 3pm for cleaning. I did take a dip in the indoor spa (well, sort of indoor, it has a wall of screens so you get the breeze without the bugs and plant life), which was only hitting about 100 degrees on the thermometer and inoperable jets at the time.

Overall, not a bad stay, fine for business and a quick couple of nights. No big complaints, but nothing remarkable either.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

I stay at this hotel 3 or 4 times a year. It's just fine and just what I expect from Courtyard. What it really has going for it -- if you have business to conduct with the State of Florida -- is its convenient location to the Florida Capitol. Typical Courtyard and pretty much what I expect.

Pros: less than 1 mile from the Florida Capitol (can usually be there in less than 5 minutes). Rooms are always clean. Not a horrible location regarding typical business services (lots of food nearby). They keep the beer very cold. Coffee is good. Good, consistent internet connection through the hotel. The staff has always seemed very polite and have never had a problem with reservations, checkin, etc.

Cons: Not terribly well located if you're in Tallahassee for anything other than business at The Capitol. Always a few dollars more than similar hotels, especially when the Legislature is in session. It's a Courtyard, so it's really not oriented towards non-business travelers (which is fine by me, but could be an issue with others).

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

Front desk and housekeeping were both excellent. Regarding housekeeping, my hotel room was spotless. I stayed for three nights, and housekeeping did a perfect job each day.

I was pleasantly surprised that my hotel room included a small refrigerator even though my room was not one of their suite rooms.

The fitness room was very clean and inviting, with the treadmills and elliptical machines each having their own TV attached. So you may want to bring a headset so you can also listen to the TV.

The free coffee and hot tea in the lounge tasted great and were always available 24-hours a day.

This was my first trip to Tallahassee, and I had no problems finding the hotel.

Regarding value, I got more than my money's worth since I booked via Priceline's "Name Your Own Price," which was a bargain at $50+ a night.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

When we got up to our room there was a terrible stench. Almost as if a pet possibly peed in that room. Not a good start. Went down to the front desk and asked for a room change. Guy on night duty not happy about that. Got a different room. Everything was fine until I peeled back the covers on the bed. There was something dark underneath the mattress sheet. So, naturally, I lifted it up and was beside myselff when I saw what I was about to sleep on. The dark spot underneath was a piece of dark thread (nothing) but what was on that matress pad was absolutely appalling. It clearly hadnt been changed in months! There were inappropriate hairs all over the matress pad as well as stains. Absolutely disgusting! How could I knowingly sleep on top of that. We go back down, explain to the desk clerk and he was not happy with us at all. Was very rude and I think he just thought we were being picky. If it had not been so late at night, trust me, I would have left right away. So we get our third room. The bed was actually clean (surprise...how it should be) however, there was a smashed cookie in the carpet, sticky soda on the night table and enough dust in there to cause an ashma attack. After the funny noise in the air conditioner we opened it and found the most filthy filter ever! I was absolutely disgusted, I actually cried out of the sheer discomfort I had for being in that room. I couldnt wait to leave.

I am not some crazy person, this was really that bad. I am not even one to post a remark or review for anything and I do stay in a lot of hotels. This has been on my to do list for quite some time, because I did not want to forget to make sure that I notify other potential travelers to this area about this disgusting hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
San Luis Obispo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

I expected better from a Courtyard by Marriott. This is just a glorified low-slung motel, not the usually high-rise business-oriented property you'd assume from the name. No free breakfast, and the free wi-fi was not working half the time that I was there. Front desk staff was efficient, but not entirely professional. Expensive in-room phone call (not something I ever do, but cell phone coverage was too spotty here w/ an AT&T phone).

I paid $55 including taxes & fees by bidding on Priceline, and I still think I paid too much. I'm an expert business traveler who is frequently on the road, and I don't mind staying in cheap motels (e.g., Motel 6). But this Courtyard Property was just not a comfy night's sleep, especially given the proximity to the road, thinly insulated walls and badly lit side parking lot.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

Stayed at this hotel several times due to meetings in the Tallahassee area, convenient to government buildings, very friendly staff the only downside they tended to screw up my marriott rewards points. one of those times I was unable to get it corrected so I decided to start staying at the Doubletree

Stayed February 2008, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Capital? Share your experiences!