“Shame it was only one night” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #21 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Camberley
“Shame it was only one night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night as part of a tour of the Southern states.
As soon as we arrived I loved the lay out of the hotel with rooms around the pool. We were on the ground floor and could sit outside on the chairs provided & watch the sun go down or sit by the pool.Others in our group had balconies.
The reception was helpful & friendly & the room was spacious & clean.
There were nice restaurants across the (busy) road, and we were sorry to leave

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Capital, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for the nice comments about our courtyard pool area. It is always a special end of the day when you area able to rest, relax and recharge, pool side on our newly renovated patio with a few cocktails from the Bistro!

See you soon

Keith Hoogerheyde

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fort Walton Beach, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had a competition in Tallahassee that was unfortunately rescheduled. Due to the fact that this hotel was booked at a non-refundable rate and I could not transfer the dates, we traveled to Tallahassee and just enjoyed the weekend.

Cons:The first thing I noticed was the smell in the hallways. It was terrible. It smelled as if they had just painted, which is understandable, however, the smell got worse as the weekend went on. I'm not sure of other rooms, but in room 157, the air conditioner is EXTREMELY loud. I was awaken several times during the night by the extra vibration the air conditioner has. Fortunately, it wasn't consistant... it just came and went as it pleased. The TV quality was terrible as well. The picture kept fading. I went to get in the shower Saturday night and there was a huge palmetto roach on the shower curtain, I almost hurt myself jumping back out. There was not a microwave in our room. We kept getting calls early in the morning with no one on the other end.

Pros: Great location!!! Capital building is less that a mile away. There are 4 great restaurants within walking distance such as Logans and Genghis Grill. Downtown Tallahassee is right around the corner. The room was clean and the bed was OK. There is a fridge in the room. You can control the room temp easily. Paul mitchell hair products and the shower head was great. Checkout is 12:00, and hour later than I'm used to. Each room has a balcony. In order to walk in the hotel you have to use the room key to get the door to unlock, felt a sense of security.

If I ended up staying here again, it would be for the location only, not for the quality of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Our team was disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you encountered during your recent visit to our hotel. It would be most appreciated if you could call my office directly at 850/329-9041 so we may gather a few additional details to help our team improve.

We noted you mentioned difficulty with the non-refundable rate offering. At marriott.com we offer a wide variety of refundable options which can be changed up to 6pm the evening of arrival. We hope to hear from us soon. Perhaps we can make a return trip reservation so you may experience all that our hotel has to offer. Please let us know how we may better serve you on your future stays!

Best Regards,

Sandown, nh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Booked this hotel through hotels.com at $75 per night for 3 adults.

Place was great. Clean. Modern. Every employee we came into contact with was very out going and nice, from the front desk, the maids, and the service people. When I called the front desk to ask where I could get AA batteries for my camera, the front desk clerk sent a 4-pack to my room FREE OF CHARGE. Pool was a descent size and nice.

Food is good, not great, but it's on par with what you would expect (breakfast food similar to Dunkin' Donuts). Walls between the rooms are thin, so if your neighbors are having a party, it will be painful. Fortunately, we did not experience that.

Would highly recommend to others and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Keith H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Capital, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful recommendation! We were very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with our team. Please let us know how we may best serve you on your next visit to the Tallahassee area.

Best Regards,

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here twice for business meetings. I like the fact that food is available since there really isn't anything close by this hotel but I'm not a big fan of the bistro concept. The food is prepackaged and they just zap it in the microwave if you order a sandwich related item. The staff was helpful but room was dated with a clunking air conditioner, etc. Functional for an overnight stay and it appeared clean. A bit out of the way so was quiet at night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Keith H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Capital, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We were very surprised to hear of your disappointment with the new Courtyard Bistro concept. All our food is freshly prepared to order. Providing a consistent, high quality, quick menu specifically designed with flexible and healthy options to meet the needs of the frequent traveler or the weekend family! As you could imagine the made to your order Starbucks specialty beverages in the morning is the most popular choice, however, the full bar offering in the evening hours provides a well-balanced offering for any meal period.

We hope to see you on your next visit to the Tallahassee area! If our new Bistro does not fill your needs our team can help provide a wide variety of other dining options immediately in our neighborhood - including Logon's Steaks, Miller's Ale House, El Patron, Olive Garden, Cabo Cafe, Crispers - all within a short walk or an easy minute or two drive from our hotel!

Please let us know how we may exceed your future expectations.

Warm regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I almost always choose a Marriott hotel when I travel. They are consistently clean and well maintained. Customer service is top notch too! At the Tallahassee Courtyard, Olivia at the front desk was super friendly and exceptionally helpful. I absolutely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding Olivia at the Front Desk! She is a super star and we are lucky to have her on our excellent team! We hope to see you soon on your next visit to the Tallahassee area.

Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have stayed at a lot of Marriott hotels due to the fact that my father is an employee. I was very disappointment that no one mentioned that the hotel was under renovation when I spoke to an employee prior to booking and at check in. Nor did they mention that the spa was not working or will be removed but yet still is mentioned on the website. The check in process was very fast,the lobby was very nice. We were told to pull around to the 3rd entrance to get to our room. When we walked thru that door the smell was awful and the area was very dirty and a large nasty falling down plastic curtain hung in the hallway. We had to take the elevator up to our room and the smell was even worse due to fresh paint, or newly laid carpet on our floor. The good thing is that we were there visiting family so we did not spend that much time at the hotel. If you are planning a vacation in the next 3 months you may want to find a different hotel for your stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Keith H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Capital, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Our team was very disappointed to hear of the inconvenience you suffered due to our renovation. Please contact my office directly at 850/329-4041 directly so that I may further assist you. We hope you have the opportunity to return to our hotel so you may see the completion of the all our wonderful upgrades we have made to our rooms!

Warm Regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed here during a recent business trip as the hotel was well located for our needs. When I first arrived I was told that my reservation was cancelled (which I did not do nor did anybody at my company). Strike one. Then I had requested pillows without feathers. It took more than three requests and I personally had to walk to the lobby to get this resolved when we returned from dinner. Strike two. Finally , the place is still under renovation and there were strong odors from paint and other things all around. Strike three.

Likely going to try something else if I have to return in the future.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Please accept our team’s apology for the awful inconvenience you encounter during your recent stay at our hotel.

We appreciate your understanding and patience with the multiple touch points noted in your comments. We deeply regret this experience reflecting on our brand’s reputation of excellence! Please contact my office directly at 850/329-9041 at your convenience so I may gain a few additional details regarding your situaiton.

Warm Regards,

Keith Hoogerheyde

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Capital? Share your experiences!