“odor in room” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“odor in room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The room has been recently renovated and they did a nice job, however, they need to spend the few dollars to keep the air conditioning on before guests arrive. When we received our room and opened the door, there was a stench that overwelmed us. I knew it was because the room had no ventilation and the Florida heat was baking the air stale, but my wife refused to spend the night with such stale and smelly air.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

biztraveller14, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pride Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Guest , I thank you for your input. The odor in the room was a new carpet smell .I would be more then happy to make sure we put you in a room that does not have the same issue for all your future stays. Please contact me directly

Mike Parmar (GM)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hotel is not bad... But nothing special... Remote control was not clean and it did not work... Room did not have any writing instruments... I don't think I will stay there again... The only good thing was - it was close to Tallahassee...

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed for the second time at the Best Western Pride Inn & Suites on Apalachee Parkway in Tallahasse. Accomodations were fine - two queen size beds, a full breakfast included and the most friendly and helpful staff you could imagine. Everything we asked of them, they did. We couldn't get a ground floor room and had large, heavy suitcases, so the maintenance man came and helped us carry them all up to the room. The room was cleaned every day in a timely fashion and the location was perfect- located near restaurants, the shopping mall and movie theaters and about a 10 minute drive at most to the downtown area and FSU campus.
These are the same reasons we went there the first time and returned this time!
Would definitely stay there again on my next visit.

Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We just returned from dropping our son off at FSU and once again stayed here. We first stayed in June last year for orientation and have never stayed anywhere else. We always find the rooms clean and the staff wonderful. It doesn't matter if we check in early or very late, we always get great service. The breakfast is always good and no matter how busy it is, we have never waited for items to be refilled. We have several friends who stay here as well and love it! Football season is coming up and we look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear FSUMOM, I thank you for your kind review. Reading your review made my day. I look forward to seeing you back soon so please feel feel free to contact me directly

Fort White
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Needed a hotel to stay in for a quick trip to Tallahassee and this was a very good choice. The staff are friendly and competent. I was able to check in quickly and get a good night's sleep before heading out to a meeting. Did not get to have breakfast but it looked good, had coffee.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Trish0053, I thank you for your review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay as this what we thrive for. Please contact me for all your future stays and we look forward to seeing you back

Tampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel was a great value for the price. When I arrived at the hotel, I asked if I could have a room on the ground floor. The staff person checked and found a room to fit my needs. When I entered the room, I was pleased with how spacious it was. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a small refrigerator as well as a microwave. Everything was in working order. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The hotell was set back from the street, so the room was quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

biztraveller14, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pride Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Ms Kathy C, i thank you for your kind review and i am deeply gratified that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please contact me directly for all your future stays in tallahassee
Once again i thank you.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have always been a person to make my own judgment for everything in life. I stayed here after reading several possitive and negative reviews about this hotel.As i said i am a strong believer in my own judgment and again i was right. The stay was beyond reproach. The room was addequett and well within the price i paid and i will be very willing to stay here again

Room Tip: mention that is if you are in the armed forces and they will give you a free upgrade