“Overcharged” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Geismar, Louisiana, United States
“Overcharged”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My family was relocating from the Tallahassee area and I needed a hotel to stay in for one week so that my children could finish school. I found a discount through Orbitz and chose this location for convenience and price. I was mostly satisfied with the stay as it was clean and worked well for our commute. The breakfast is okay if you like greasy sausage and powdered eggs every morning. My real disatisfaction came when I returned and discovered that Orbitz had charged me twice on my visa. Orbitz has not resolved this and is saying that the hotel states that I stayed in two rooms. I am disputing the charge with my Visa as fraud. I am horrified that a hotel would do this.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
biztraveller14, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pride Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest , as we have discussed on many of our conversations, this reservation was made thru ORBITZ which is a third party website. As i have tried to explain to you , your credit card was charged by ORBITZ and not us.ORBITZ gave us their credit card which we charged.It was ORBITZ that refused to cancel the reservation .
As it was past their cancellation period. Since you made the reservation with them , we have absolute no control over their policies

Mike Parmar (GM)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Central Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Big clean rooms, and a nice breakfast included. Hotel staff very accommodating and willing to please. Had no issues with check-in, internet, extra towels, etc. Value priced hotel with mid-priced hotel amenities.
Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Parking spaces are very small, ample parking in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
biztraveller14, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pride Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest , I thank you for your kind review.It is always gratifying to have a happy guest. Please contact me directly for all your future stays.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this location, very nice location and good value for $$$. The room was very huge and CLEAN.The overall stay was beyond reproach and check out was very fast. we did partake in the breakfast and was very good as well, the whole setting of this hotel was good. Even though it is in down town but being located just off the main road it has a country feel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Esteemed Guest, I thank you for your kind review. Having a satisfied guest is our goal . Please contact me directly for all your future stays in Tallahassee

Newnan, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stay at Best Westerns when we travel because of past histories and this one did not disappoint. The room we had was on the lower floor and was clean, and other than a little noisier than usual a/c unit was quiet from outside noise. The breakfast had a good selection with plenty of room to eat. We used the outdoor pool and boy did the water feel good. Great hotel value and will use again when in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: We like ground floor being able to park outside the room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest , thank you for your review, this is what we thrive for . It is my firm belief that a happy guest is a returning guest. we look forward to seeing you back soon

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My stay at the Best Western Pride Inn & Suites in Tallahassee was very pleasant, but I must have lost my wedding ring in the room without noticing. The honest staff found it and Mike Parmar, the general manager, mailed it back to me - he would not even let me pay for the postage! That's what I call great service. A big Thank You to the honest and helpful staff; I will definitely come and visit again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

When we checked in I noted the mirror above the sink had not been cleaned. I reported this to the front desk and the gent said he'd leave a note for housekeeping. Obviously nobody was available to clean the mirror. The room itself was fine and the mattress comfortable. There was a microwave and refrigerator and I did notice that the microwave handle was dirty - I don't think it probably ever gets cleaned. The TV was huge so folks that enjoy watching TV will really appreciate that. When I got ready for bed I noticed that there was no hot water in the sink but there was hot water for the shower thankfully. Breakfast in the morning wasn't the best. They had very limited amounts of everything out but they did work hard replenishing as the items disappeared. I think there is a huge focus on avoiding waste and I can appreciate that. There was only one variety of milk available and it seemed to be whole milk, the cranberry juice was very watered down and the eggs were even watery (not sure what they did there). The coffee was very weak but I find that to be the case in most Best Westerns. The final thing that put me off was that many of the guests were hanging out in their rooms with the doors open smoking and those same guests had left empty bottles on the landing and stairs. Maybe they were airing out the smoke but I was uncomfortable walking by the open rooms. Bottom line - this motel is inexpensive as we paid $63 including tax but there are some things that remind me that you "get what you pay for".

Room Tip: Second floor rooms require you to drag suitcases up stairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Well appointed motel off the street provided a quiet stay for us when on route from Savannah, GA to New Orleans, LA. Breakfast provided, laundry facilities, a large comfortable room...for our needs (laundry and enroute motel) it was just right. Pricing was reasonable as well.

Room Tip: ask for a first floor room, you can easily drive up and unload, Costco is a 10 min drive away, you c...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
biztraveller14, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pride Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Guest, I thank you for your review. It is our pleasure to make each guest stay as comfortable as possible. Please contact me for all your future stays in Tallahassee

Mike Parmar (GM)

Been to BEST WESTERN Pride Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!